Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
callipygias
RANT
bloodpixel
jjshowal
8 posters

So the painting guardian sword is pretty amazing

jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

So the painting guardian sword is pretty amazing Empty So the painting guardian sword is pretty amazing

Post by jjshowal Sun May 20, 2012 8:23 pm

Just upgraded my PGS to +15 for my sl 74 dex/faith build and with a dmb buff +1 I am shelling out close to 700 damage. despite its low range, the moveset is incredibly fast and cool looking. I am a ridiculously average PvP player. I probably win half my fights if that (not counting 3v1 gankers) and in my invasions at the demon ruins today i probably won 25 out of 30.

Still getting used to the moveset, but a weapon that hits this hard, this fast has left me wondering why i haven't used it before.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

So the painting guardian sword is pretty amazing Empty Re: So the painting guardian sword is pretty amazing

Post by bloodpixel Sun May 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Nothing beats the Rapier.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

So the painting guardian sword is pretty amazing Empty Re: So the painting guardian sword is pretty amazing

Post by RANT Sun May 20, 2012 9:07 pm

Pgs is pretty awesome, its the only dex weapon I like, wait till you're done with your build tha thing is gonna pack a punch, it can go toe to toe with any weapon in the game and prolly will win.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sun May 20, 2012 9:14 pm

It's kind of a neat little sword/knife, but with a dmb buff lots of stuff will do that much damage or more. I like that people are using it, though. Nice to see uncommon weapons in use.

Speaking of which, I co-oped 4 Kings a while back at sl 159 and couldn't recognize a host's sword, so I messaged him after. Cracked me up when he said it was a just a regular longsword. I'd never seen anyone with a regular sword outside of the Burg/Parish, much less at such a high sl.
    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Majikero07 Sun May 20, 2012 9:34 pm

I have a 40str/40dex build in the making with a short sword. I wanna see how the little thing holds up.

The painting guardian sword is my worst nightmare. With it's attack speed combined with high poise armor, I have no defense against it. I rely on hit and run tactics. I can't hit if it keeps coming at me.
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Sun May 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Yeah. With my projected 40 dex, it will be doing 406 base damage, which is pretty much amazing for a sword that fast. the only weakness other than its range is the fact that it can be parried pretty easily, mainly it's hard to resist continue hitting r1 and r2, when you are up against a full havel's bkga build haha.

And the longsword is a great weapon! it's got a great hitbox! just kind of a boring weapon. I've really been wanting to do a pure strength build with a pick axe. i've only ran into one before in pvp and got my *** kicked.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun May 20, 2012 9:50 pm

longsword is pretty good for a 40/40 build. i have an occult longsword and barbed sword and i love them. if the barbed sword was as big as the longsword i would use it a lot more.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Mon May 21, 2012 4:49 pm

Couldn't agree more. The PGS and Falchion are my 2 faves...extremely fast and pretty devastating with the DMB buff.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 21, 2012 5:04 pm

I am trying to use a class that seems like a Sword dancer of sorts. I am using the server and the painted sword, as well as the claws and greatsword dance... she likes to 'slither' a lot, if you know what I mean.

lol
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon May 21, 2012 5:09 pm

Actually, I had heard that the Falchion is really fast when 2h, but I didn't notice any difference from the Scimitar and Shotel. I'd assume the PGS is faster than any of them, but I'm not sure.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon May 21, 2012 5:10 pm

The R2 attack of the Painted Sword seems faster than the R1 attack. It is almost as odd as the swing of a curved greatsword being faster on the left hand, than the right. Seems odd to me
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Mon May 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Quarik wrote:Actually, I had heard that the Falchion is really fast when 2h, but I didn't notice any difference from the Scimitar and Shotel. I'd assume the PGS is faster than any of them, but I'm not sure.
    From my point of view the speed of the falchion and the PGS is about the same...and yes the falchion is really fast 2h...faster than 1h especially with the r2 attack. That combined with the slight range advantage is why i like the falchion slightly better.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:38 am