Highest possible Damage?

    Share
    avatar
    Chumgeyser
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 148
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-02-23

    Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Chumgeyser on Tue May 15, 2012 2:47 pm

    I'm trying to narrow down the formula for the highest possible damage in a single attack, in PvP. Here's what I have so far...

    - Demon Greataxe +15
    - Parry + Riposte
    - Hornet's Ring
    - Red Tearstone Ring
    - 99 Strength
    - 99 Intelligence
    - Tin Crystallization Catalyst
    - Crystal Magic Weapon
    - Pyromancy Flame
    - Power Within
    - Dragon Torso Stone

    Am I missing anything?
    avatar
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 341
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2012-03-14
    Age : 25
    Location : Durant

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Railage on Tue May 15, 2012 2:53 pm

    Bow+Off Hand
    Dragon Torso Stone


    _________________
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0D_q5VEaJQ    Chevelle - Sleepwalking Elite
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Forum Pirate on Tue May 15, 2012 2:56 pm

    ^+rtsr and Power within


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    Chumgeyser
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 148
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-02-23

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Chumgeyser on Tue May 15, 2012 3:01 pm

    Railage wrote:Bow+Off Hand
    Dragon Torso Stone

    I forgot about the bow glitch. It is a glitch correct? It isn't something intended by the game designers, so let me rephrase my question to...

    Highest single attack... that isn't a glitch big grin

    Majikero07
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 152
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-04-29
    Location : Maryland

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Majikero07 on Tue May 15, 2012 3:06 pm

    Bow BS seems to be fixed. Got hit by Great bow BS for pitiful damage.
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Forum Pirate on Tue May 15, 2012 3:16 pm

    Its not, i promise. Its only dragons that it works for


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by RANT on Tue May 15, 2012 3:19 pm

    trident buff


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Rynn on Tue May 15, 2012 4:56 pm

    The darkmoon blade and 99 faith gives more damage.
    The highest damage for a single hit is a two handed Riposte by a Greatsword of Artoriase, with Dragon Buff, Power Within, RTS, Hornet and Trident on at the same time.
    8950 damage

    avatar
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3627
    Reputation : 144
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 23
    Location : World 4-2 Demon Souls

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Tue May 15, 2012 5:53 pm

    not+15 weapons use +5 crystal for max damage, also the dusk crown may boost the buffs strength


    _________________
    ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Rynn on Tue May 15, 2012 6:07 pm

    sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:not+15 weapons use +5 crystal for max damage, also the dusk crown may boost the buffs strength
    Dusk Crown, Bellowing Dragoncrest, and other such + attack power buffs do not effect buffs.
    avatar
    Chumgeyser
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 148
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-02-23

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Chumgeyser on Wed May 16, 2012 12:48 am

    Rynn wrote:The darkmoon blade and 99 faith gives more damage.
    The highest damage for a single hit is a two handed Riposte by a Greatsword of Artoriase, with Dragon Buff, Power Within, RTS, Hornet and Trident on at the same time.
    8950 damage


    Weird that a buffless Artorias can out damage a Demon Greataxe with a buff.

    Thanks for the input everyone cheers
    avatar
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 569
    Reputation : 23
    Join date : 2012-04-22
    Location : Colorado

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Extertionist on Wed May 16, 2012 1:13 am

    I saw someone get over 20000 damage on the youtubes, why not check out what they did?


    _________________
    My updated Darkmoon assassin build.
    http://tinyurl.com/7tndsxa
    avatar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2657
    Reputation : 101
    Join date : 2012-03-18

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Shkar on Wed May 16, 2012 1:22 am

    Chumgeyser wrote:
    Rynn wrote:The darkmoon blade and 99 faith gives more damage.
    The highest damage for a single hit is a two handed Riposte by a Greatsword of Artoriase, with Dragon Buff, Power Within, RTS, Hornet and Trident on at the same time.
    8950 damage


    Weird that a buffless Artorias can out damage a Demon Greataxe with a buff.

    Thanks for the input everyone cheers

    It gets a 40% damage increase against the skeletons in the Catacombs and the Firelink Graveyard.
    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Glutebrah on Wed May 16, 2012 1:25 am

    Chumgeyser wrote:
    Rynn wrote:The darkmoon blade and 99 faith gives more damage.
    The highest damage for a single hit is a two handed Riposte by a Greatsword of Artoriase, with Dragon Buff, Power Within, RTS, Hornet and Trident on at the same time.
    8950 damage


    Weird that a buffless Artorias can out damage a Demon Greataxe with a buff.

    Thanks for the input everyone cheers


    Buffs give a flat damage increase, they dont get multiplied for the riposte, and prolly doesnt get effected by rts or pw.


    _________________
    Chaos Blade is Best Blade

    **NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)
    avatar
    Chumgeyser
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 148
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-02-23

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Chumgeyser on Wed May 16, 2012 3:20 pm

    Glutebrah wrote:
    Chumgeyser wrote:
    Rynn wrote:The darkmoon blade and 99 faith gives more damage.
    The highest damage for a single hit is a two handed Riposte by a Greatsword of Artoriase, with Dragon Buff, Power Within, RTS, Hornet and Trident on at the same time.
    8950 damage


    Weird that a buffless Artorias can out damage a Demon Greataxe with a buff.

    Thanks for the input everyone cheers


    Buffs give a flat damage increase, they dont get multiplied for the riposte, and prolly doesnt get effected by rts or pw.

    Buffs do get a boost from the Hornets Ring when you are in the Forest, and clubs and axes get a greater boost from Hornets ring than stabbing and slashing weapons. Every animation attack in a backstab or riposte gets a boost from a weapons buff.

    For instance...
    - Riposte using a Claymore you get a single bonus from Crystal Magic Weapon.
    - Riposte using a Claymore + Hornets in the Forest = 2 boosts from CMW
    - Riposte using a Mace = 2 boosts from CMW
    - Riposte using a Mace + Hornets in the Forest = 3 boosts from CMW

    I tested this out myself. It was particularly interesting to me that I could get more damage out of my Mace over my Claymore, when I managed a Riposte, even though I had a higher AR with the Claymore.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Rynn on Wed May 16, 2012 3:24 pm

    Chumgeyser wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:
    Chumgeyser wrote:
    Rynn wrote:The darkmoon blade and 99 faith gives more damage.
    The highest damage for a single hit is a two handed Riposte by a Greatsword of Artoriase, with Dragon Buff, Power Within, RTS, Hornet and Trident on at the same time.
    8950 damage


    Weird that a buffless Artorias can out damage a Demon Greataxe with a buff.

    Thanks for the input everyone cheers


    Buffs give a flat damage increase, they dont get multiplied for the riposte, and prolly doesnt get effected by rts or pw.

    Buffs do get a boost from the Hornets Ring when you are in the Forest, and clubs and axes get a greater boost from Hornets ring than stabbing and slashing weapons. Every animation attack in a backstab or riposte gets a boost from a weapons buff.

    For instance...
    - Riposte using a Claymore you get a single bonus from Crystal Magic Weapon.
    - Riposte using a Claymore + Hornets in the Forest = 2 boosts from CMW
    - Riposte using a Mace = 2 boosts from CMW
    - Riposte using a Mace + Hornets in the Forest = 3 boosts from CMW

    I tested this out myself. It was particularly interesting to me that I could get more damage out of my Mace over my Claymore, when I managed a Riposte, even though I had a higher AR with the Claymore.
    Actually...
    With Maces, and other "multi-hit" risposts/backstabs, the buff damage is only applied to the first hit.
    So if your riposte usually does 40, then 600 damage, it does 440, then 600 damage.
    avatar
    Chumgeyser
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 148
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-02-23

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Chumgeyser on Wed May 16, 2012 3:34 pm

    Rynn wrote:
    Chumgeyser wrote:
    Glutebrah wrote:
    Chumgeyser wrote:
    Rynn wrote:The darkmoon blade and 99 faith gives more damage.
    The highest damage for a single hit is a two handed Riposte by a Greatsword of Artoriase, with Dragon Buff, Power Within, RTS, Hornet and Trident on at the same time.
    8950 damage


    Weird that a buffless Artorias can out damage a Demon Greataxe with a buff.

    Thanks for the input everyone cheers


    Buffs give a flat damage increase, they dont get multiplied for the riposte, and prolly doesnt get effected by rts or pw.

    Buffs do get a boost from the Hornets Ring when you are in the Forest, and clubs and axes get a greater boost from Hornets ring than stabbing and slashing weapons. Every animation attack in a backstab or riposte gets a boost from a weapons buff.

    For instance...
    - Riposte using a Claymore you get a single bonus from Crystal Magic Weapon.
    - Riposte using a Claymore + Hornets in the Forest = 2 boosts from CMW
    - Riposte using a Mace = 2 boosts from CMW
    - Riposte using a Mace + Hornets in the Forest = 3 boosts from CMW

    I tested this out myself. It was particularly interesting to me that I could get more damage out of my Mace over my Claymore, when I managed a Riposte, even though I had a higher AR with the Claymore.
    Actually...
    With Maces, and other "multi-hit" risposts/backstabs, the buff damage is only applied to the first hit.
    So if your riposte usually does 40, then 600 damage, it does 440, then 600 damage.

    Crap, I wish I didn't throw out that scrap of paper I wrote everything down on, but that's not how I remember it. I'll test it out again.

    I went through each of the Forest NPCs several times with various weapons. CMW added a bonus to each hit in an animation, not just the first, last or middle hit.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Rynn on Wed May 16, 2012 4:09 pm

    I'm almost positive there was no increase... You see, the second blow hit's before the first number clears, so if you do 40 then 600 damage, you did 40, then 560 damage, adding up to 600.

    With CMW on, my first blows damage number would boost to 240 or so, and then the next blow would have it indicate a 800, rather then 600. However, the damage was not increased whatsoever.
    avatar
    Chumgeyser
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 148
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-02-23

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Chumgeyser on Wed May 16, 2012 5:03 pm

    I just ran another test. This one is less extensive than the first but had the same results I remembered...

    Ripost with a Claymore (103AR, +68 bonus) vs. Forest Mage NPC
    - Plain: 234 damage
    - Hornets: 20/346 damage
    - CMW: 415 damage
    - Hornets + CMW: 293/891 damage

    Riposte with a Battle Axe (95AR +61 bonus) vs. Forest Mage NPC

    - Plain: 11/216 damage
    - Hornets: 17/34/308 damage
    - CMW: 193/397 damage
    - Hornets + CMW: 290/580/580 damage

    I ran these tests several time on the mage and I checked against other Forest NPCs and NPCs outside of the Forest. Always the same results. Crystal Magic Weapon buffs each animation in a Riposte or Backstab.
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Rynn on Wed May 16, 2012 5:05 pm

    Hmmmm...
    Would you maybe mind testing a +15 for me and seeing if it changes anything? I'm still pretty positive I've seen different results... but I'm not really too likely to be surprised if I'm wrong.
    avatar
    Chumgeyser
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 148
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-02-23

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Chumgeyser on Wed May 16, 2012 5:11 pm

    Rynn wrote:Hmmmm...
    Would you maybe mind testing a +15 for me and seeing if it changes anything? I'm still pretty positive I've seen different results... but I'm not really too likely to be surprised if I'm wrong.

    I have tested this out with a +14 Great Club and a +10 Zweihander. The problem testing out those with the Hornets Ring and CMW is that they are usually dead before the final animation. In which case the final damage number doesn't show up.

    I'm still mulling what you said about the damages adding up, so the second number you see really takes into account the last number. That changes things a bit, but I still think you are getting the buff applied to each animation.

    I'll try to test this out on some foes with more hit points.
    avatar
    Chumgeyser
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 148
    Reputation : 2
    Join date : 2012-02-23

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Chumgeyser on Wed May 16, 2012 5:34 pm

    Just did another quick test. If the damage from the attacks is just adding up then the last number you see should be the total amount of damage, right?

    I used a +10 Claymore and a +10 Zweihander this time, and I only used the Hornets + CMW combo...

    Ripost with a +10 Claymore (206AR, +149 bonus) vs. Forest Mage NPC
    - Hornets + CMW: 375/1526 damage

    Ripost with a + 10 Zweihander (260AR, +178 bonus) vs. Forest Mage NPC
    - Hornets + CMW: 443/886/1193

    So, if the final number is the total damage the Riposte did... the Claymore is vastly out damaging the Zweihander. If the damage is all of the attacks added together then the Zweihander vastly out damages the Claymore, which makes more sense given that it has a higher AR and AR bonus.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Highest possible Damage?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:50 pm