Highest physical damage weapon

    Share
    avatar
    Teh_hapy_octopus
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 244
    Reputation : 21
    Join date : 2012-01-22
    Location : The Abyss

    Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by Teh_hapy_octopus on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:03 pm

    whats the higest physical damage weapon that can still be made into +15 and stuff. as far as i know the higest is the greataxe with 140 physical damage unupgraded


    _________________
    (PSN) teh_hapy_octopus big grin
    avatar
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 165
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 33
    Location : Ohio

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by xXDaemonarchXx on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:34 pm

    Bkga should be more....not sure if u can upgrade it to +15 though


    Last edited by xXDaemonarchXx on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    Hurrah xXDaemonarchXx Hurrah
    avatar
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1942
    Reputation : 102
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by Glutebrah on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:37 pm

    Do you want highest base damage?? Because the demon great axe would prolly be the strogest at +15 with enough strentgh with its S scaling.


    _________________
    Chaos Blade is Best Blade

    **NEW**PSN: Glute_brah **NEW**
    SL 55 (Ele) http://mmdks.com/2b2g (Avelyn + WP)
    SL100 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/25vk (Chaos Blade)
    SL100 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2b2h (MSGS)
    SL100 (Pyro) http://mmdks.com/2b2l (FIRE)
    SL120 (Str) http://mmdks.com/2n6r (DGA)
    SL120 (Dex) http://mmdks.com/2n6v (murk) i did it, i sold out
    SL150 (Int) http://mmdks.com/25vm (Velkas + TCC)
    SL149 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2q (Black Knight)
    SL200 (Cos) http://mmdks.com/2b2j (Ornstein)
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by Carphil on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:41 pm

    S scaling? wow I fought it was A! This is awesome, I will try this weapon when I get home!


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 165
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 33
    Location : Ohio

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by xXDaemonarchXx on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:42 pm

    Nvm....can only upgrade bkga to +5 but its damage is 300+ at +5.....pretty **** strong


    _________________
    Hurrah xXDaemonarchXx Hurrah
    avatar
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 306
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:43 pm

    @Daemonarch
    nope, you need twinkling titanite to upgrade bkga so it only goes to +5.
    @hapy octopus
    I'm not sure what does the most physical base damage, but i wouldn't be surprised if the great axe was correct
    avatar
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 306
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:43 pm

    ****..ninja'd =/
    avatar
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 165
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 33
    Location : Ohio

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by xXDaemonarchXx on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:47 pm

    Base physical damage isn't everything though, all comes down to dps in my opinion


    _________________
    Hurrah xXDaemonarchXx Hurrah
    avatar
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 165
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 33
    Location : Ohio

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by xXDaemonarchXx on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:50 pm

    As far as I can see...yes greataxe is most physical. maxes out at 350 at +15


    _________________
    Hurrah xXDaemonarchXx Hurrah
    avatar
    somebody_else
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 63
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by somebody_else on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:31 am

    if you look at highest damage with sensible requirements, it's a real no brainer.

    great club. does more damage than bkga (30 or so more) for less weight and requires less levels to maximize. does 10 or so points less than demon's great axe (which forces you to level str across diminishing point and weighs a ton).

    even better choice in my opinion is large club (does just as much damage as bkga, can be enchanted and does poison). low weight, high damage, str only scaling, high reach, hammer poise knocking and poison are making this weapon definitely one of best choices.

    both weapons are maxed at str 27 when dualhanding. meaning really low level requirements.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by RANT on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:54 am

    demon great machete does more damage than the great club but i think the axe is the strongest out of all the str scaling weapons, not sure though.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    somebody_else
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 63
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by somebody_else on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:45 am

    RantFromRant wrote:demon great machete does more damage than the great club but i think the axe is the strongest out of all the str scaling weapons, not sure though.

    nope, it doesn't. at str 40
    machete does - 636
    great club - 639
    large club - 615+poison
    demons greataxe - 659 (at str 46, great club does 644 there)

    now look at requirements
    large club - str 26, weight 11
    great club - str 28, weight 12
    demon great machete - str 40, weight 18
    demon great axe - str 46, weight 22

    do you really think meager 15 points of damage is worth so much? if you noticed i specified damage/requirement highest hitters, not highest damage
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by RANT on Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:53 am

    somebody_else wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:demon great machete does more damage than the great club but i think the axe is the strongest out of all the str scaling weapons, not sure though.

    nope, it doesn't. at str 40
    machete does - 636
    great club - 639
    large club - 615+poison
    demons greataxe - 659 (at str 46, great club does 644 there)

    now look at requirements
    large club - str 26, weight 11
    great club - str 28, weight 12
    demon great machete - str 40, weight 18
    demon great axe - str 46, weight 22

    do you really think meager 15 points of damage is worth so much? if you noticed i specified damage/requirement highest hitters, not highest damage

    thats what i thought, i never look up stats but the machete is better for pvp, i love that thing.
    avatar
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 557
    Reputation : 43
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by strangejoy on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:18 pm

    Strongly agree with somebody_else. The clubs are seriously underrated. They have really interesting movesets, and the poise/shield guard knocking is hard to beat. But it's really the low requirements and weight that set them apart from other massive STR weapons.

    Even the reinforced club is a **** good weapon. It's STR 12, 4 weight, but at +5 lightning its AR is only about 25 less then a claymore, and it has 300 bleed. Its stunlock and shield break also rival a claymore. With the bleed + shield break, it may be one of the best anti-turtle weapons in the game.


    _________________


    Dedicated forestwraith.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by RANT on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

    strangejoy wrote:Strongly agree with somebody_else. The clubs are seriously underrated. They have really interesting movesets, and the poise/shield guard knocking is hard to beat. But it's really the low requirements and weight that set them apart from other massive STR weapons.

    Even the reinforced club is a **** good weapon. It's STR 12, 4 weight, but at +5 lightning its AR is only about 25 less then a claymore, and it has 300 bleed. Its stunlock and shield break also rival a claymore. With the bleed + shield break, it may be one of the best anti-turtle weapons in the game.

    i love clubs for pve, its hard to use them in pvp, theyre slow and leave you open for a bs, i really like the one handed r2 of the large club though, it catches a lot of people by surprise.
    avatar
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 557
    Reputation : 43
    Join date : 2012-01-17

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by strangejoy on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:30 pm

    RantFromRant wrote:
    strangejoy wrote:Strongly agree with somebody_else. The clubs are seriously underrated. They have really interesting movesets, and the poise/shield guard knocking is hard to beat. But it's really the low requirements and weight that set them apart from other massive STR weapons.

    Even the reinforced club is a **** good weapon. It's STR 12, 4 weight, but at +5 lightning its AR is only about 25 less then a claymore, and it has 300 bleed. Its stunlock and shield break also rival a claymore. With the bleed + shield break, it may be one of the best anti-turtle weapons in the game.

    i love clubs for pve, its hard to use them in pvp, theyre slow and leave you open for a bs, i really like the one handed r2 of the large club though, it catches a lot of people by surprise.

    True enough. I typically only whip out a club if I know I'm up against a turtle. You have to connect when you're wielding a club.
    avatar
    Needles_Kane
    Newbie
    Newbie

    Posts : 15
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by Needles_Kane on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:48 pm

    LIGHTNING ZWEIHANDER. END OF DISSCUSION hits around 735
    your welcome *****
    holy **** i can't write *****, thats *** up!!
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by RANT on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:02 am

    Needles_Kane wrote:LIGHTNING ZWEIHANDER. END OF DISSCUSION hits around 735
    your welcome *****
    holy **** i can't write *****, thats *** up!!

    not for sl 120, theres a lot better weapons at that point. what were you testing it on?
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by Reaperfan on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:12 am

    So we're talking pure physical base damages and nobody even THINKS about the Dragon Greatsword +5 at 585 damage? Only takes 34 strength to two hand (with the right starting class this can be reached before level 25) and even comes with a ranged attack to catch healers or spellcasters. Say what you will about the Lightning Zweihander, it's getting twice the amount of its damage reduced because of its dual damage types and it doesn't have that ranged attack or even block as much damage when used for blocking while two-handing.


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2388
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Eye of Terror

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by ChizFreak on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:30 am

    Here are the 2 best pure phys damage weapons:

    Great Club +15 max damage: 692

    Demon Great Axe +15 max damage: 712

    Period.


    _________________
    ChizFreak
    A.K.A
    The Ninja Assassin - 1st Leeroy Cosplayer
    Master Backstabber - Daddy Long Legs


    PSN ID: ChizFreak - Steam ID: ChizFreak - YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/ChizFreak
    avatar
    somebody_else
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 63
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-18

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by somebody_else on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:40 am

    Needles_Kane wrote:LIGHTNING ZWEIHANDER. END OF DISSCUSION hits around 735
    your welcome *****
    holy **** i can't write *****, thats *** up!!

    now... if you'd learn how to translate damage into real world damage (dual damage caps and so on)... you'd see that at 120 is below mediocre and after 120 any lightning is absolutely worthless.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by RANT on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:22 am

    ChizFreak wrote:Here are the 2 best pure phys damage weapons:

    Great Club +15 max damage: 692

    Demon Great Axe +15 max damage: 712

    Period.

    it sucks that the strongest weapons are not that good for pvp, ive dueled guys using those two and i never got hit.
    avatar
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 140
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 104
    Location : Latria

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by justwant2play on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:21 pm

    Nothing beats fire or lightning. Even the black knight weapons max upgrade cannot beat their attack rate.


    _________________
    Playing in Latria.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Highest physical damage weapon

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:57 pm