Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
BoilerFan8472
Spurgun
jjshowal
cleric1002
lordgodofhell
Federally
Yarxov
Extertionist
DoughGuy
White Mamba
Forum Pirate
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Lauu
Serious_Much
Buggy Virus
Dubscythe
deadagain
Azran
22 posters

Things you wish they add in the next game?

jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Things you wish they add in the next game? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things you wish they add in the next game?

Post by jjshowal Tue May 15, 2012 10:31 am

Let's be honest, Demon's and Dark Souls are perfect and I'm sure FROM will make the next game just as awesome as they did with the last two.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Things you wish they add in the next game? - Page 2 Empty Re: Things you wish they add in the next game?

Post by Spurgun Tue May 15, 2012 10:38 am

poison upgrade path.
    boss soul from every boss.
    spells/miracles/armour/rings from boss souls
    making the covenants more strict, making the punishment for breaking a cov a lot more strict, making the rewards for being dedicated to a cov better (ar least better that it is for some of the covs right now)
    more innovative bosses. like a small BSing boss, a russioan roulette boss that sets for your playthrough, a boss that digs underground etc
    i feel like i post the same things in everyone of these threads.,
    jjshowal
    jjshowal
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jjshowal Tue May 15, 2012 10:43 am

Also, making the game more of an open-world would be kind of against everything that makes this series awesome. This is not a sandbox game. It is a stat-heavy dungeon crawler. If anything I wouldn't mind them going back to the demon's souls system of a nexus. Although, I though Dark Souls did a ridiculously good job of integrating all locations in an easy-to-navigate system, even without a map.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 15, 2012 2:45 pm

hellooo wrote:poison upgrade path.
    boss soul from every boss.
    spells/miracles/armour/rings from boss souls
    making the covenants more strict, making the punishment for breaking a cov a lot more strict, making the rewards for being dedicated to a cov better (ar least better that it is for some of the covs right now)
    more innovative bosses. like a small BSing boss, a russioan roulette boss that sets for your playthrough, a boss that digs underground etc
    i feel like i post the same things in everyone of these threads.,

The first 3 are actually taking concepts from Demon's Souls that they took out you know silly also the boss innovation was better in Demons, but it meant pretty much they were easier than Dark's bosses.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Tue May 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Balancing of elemental weapons and pyromancy so it can't be abused at low levels
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by deadagain Tue May 15, 2012 5:25 pm

I would also like to see active weather with ramifications like rain affects visibility and snow would slow you down. The forest atmosphere looks like it is.about to rain and never does, a random thunderstorm would spice things up a bit. Same for painted there is snow all around but it never snows. How awesome would it be to invade in.painted and end up in a blizzard.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Tue May 15, 2012 6:39 pm

I think that the relative power that pyromancy and elemental weapons possess at low levels is because these are meant as a crutch. Just my opinion. silly

Weather would be sweet. Enemies that only attack in certain weather, would be even more sweet.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue May 15, 2012 9:23 pm

Another addition I'd want:
    -In game factions that conduct invasions on you dependent of your standing with them
    -Many more enemies
    -More paths to the boss, so instead of one long dungeon run its more open but still the same start and end.
    -Some camp of sorts, like the Nexus. (Really miss the nexus, good seeing other NPCs, proves that you arent the lone Uber survivor and that the world is infact ending. Lordran felt like a trial of sorts, like a giant Sens fortress)
    -Bigger areas, every time Im going to the catacombs and see that giant city down there, I want to go there.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Tue May 15, 2012 9:31 pm

I would love to have some sort of organized "wars". Like once a month or week a covenants "home base" is selected and that covenants home base is under constant attack and if the home base survives all members in that covenant who participated gets some sort of reward. If the invaders win then they get a reward.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue May 15, 2012 9:39 pm

^This!!!
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Wed May 16, 2012 10:26 am

I would love to see more viable hand to hand combat, like, certain gloves give you different fighting movesets.

That would be shweet.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed May 16, 2012 10:37 am

I would like to see, more skin colors in char creation. And there should be a pvp matchmaking sub - game for those who just wanna pvp with their char. Would have to be unlocked by progress in game. One could choose +/-10% sl. Or higher levels to fight. I would also like to see the bottomless box glitch fixed or just get rid of the box. (I find it very time consuming and therefore useless)
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Wed May 16, 2012 11:21 am

You prefer to have your inventory cluttered? silly

I'd like a normal merchant whose only purpose is to buy stuff.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 16, 2012 12:01 pm

Azran wrote:You prefer to have your inventory cluttered? silly

The whole point of not being able to sell stuff is to make the souls you have more valuable, that's why it's also a universal currency for experience and money
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Wed May 16, 2012 12:52 pm

Increased swing speed based on strength/dex
    Ex If I have 30 strength I should be able to swing my claymore faster than someone with say 20 strength
    I should be able to thrust my rapier faster or more effectively with 25 dex than someone who have 15 dex for example.
    Increased speed of Spells based on intelligence/ faith
    Person X's soul arrow should cast faster than mine if his intelligence is higher
    Have an actual stat to scale with Pyromancy
    Resistance sounds good

Have Resistance actually be useful as a stat

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed May 16, 2012 1:02 pm

I like your ideas
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 16, 2012 1:32 pm

Interesting.. though I feel that if there was casting time scaling depending on the stat, this would lean towards bringing back the idea of simply having a single spell or two spells for soul arrow, etc and then they simply power up rather than acquiring different spells, just like the system on demon's souls (except not with mana)
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed May 16, 2012 5:04 pm

A torch.
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Wed May 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Serious_Much wrote:

The whole point of not being able to sell stuff is to make the souls you have more valuable, that's why it's also a universal currency for experience and money

Yes, yes. I get that. Look at Frampt though; you are selling stuff for a pittance. At least it makes some space in your inventory.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Azran wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:

Yes, yes. I get that. Look at Frampt though; you are selling stuff for a pittance. At least it makes some space in your inventory.

That I feel is just a way to reduce the amount of stuff in the inventory like you said, as by the time you get that, the souls you receive from it compared to souls you can get from enemies renders it almost pointless immediately.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Wed May 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Interesting.. though I feel that if there was casting time scaling depending on the stat, this would lean towards bringing back the idea of simply having a single spell or two spells for soul arrow, etc and then they simply power up rather than acquiring different spells, just like the system on demon's souls (except not with mana)

The solution would be adding a spell cool down to the magic and allowing quick swapping between spells

EX Soul Spear takes say 5 seconds to cool down
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Wed May 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Interesting.. though I feel that if there was casting time scaling depending on the stat, this would lean towards bringing back the idea of simply having a single spell or two spells for soul arrow, etc and then they simply power up rather than acquiring different spells, just like the system on demon's souls (except not with mana)

What do you mean like demon's souls? I played as a pure magic user in that game with 44 faith and magic and 40 intelligence. I never noticed an increase in power of spells, I did use soul arrow and ray alot though cuz of the low mana cost if that's what you mean.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 16, 2012 8:40 pm

I'm not sure that's a route FROM would like to take with cooldown times.. As that limits the ways you can play, which FROM doesn't like doing at all.

I meant as in Boiler, there is a much more noticeable increase in power for magic in demons with magic scaling than there is in Dark, and it meant that having to have upgrades of spells (like soul arrow to great soul arrow, HSM to HCSM weren't needed as much), the only spells were soul arrow, ray and homing soul arrow, which increased in power the higher your magic stat was more noticeably than in Dark
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed May 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Ut oh I gots cluttered inventory!
    Lol. I should get cleaning.
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Wed May 16, 2012 9:12 pm

@serious: Oh!! ok sadly that's why I don't like the current magic system. I don't feel like I'm gaining more "skills". In my mind if I'm getting stonger with magic then I should be able to cast the same amount of times but have more power.

Maybe dex would lower casting time as it is now but to do that you would have to sacrifice power in order to have any viable pvp build. For example stronger spells but slower cast time or weaker spells but MUCH faster cast time

Last edited by BoilerFan8472 on Wed May 16, 2012 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:36 pm