Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
BoilerFan8472
Spurgun
jjshowal
cleric1002
lordgodofhell
Federally
Yarxov
Extertionist
DoughGuy
White Mamba
Forum Pirate
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Lauu
Serious_Much
Buggy Virus
Dubscythe
deadagain
Azran
22 posters

Things you wish they add in the next game?

Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Things you wish they add in the next game? Empty Things you wish they add in the next game?

Post by Azran Mon May 14, 2012 9:26 pm

Okay, we've already got a thread for things we wish they would bring back. So, what about features that don't actually exist yet? silly
    Let your imagination run rampant!

I'd enjoy things like hand crossbows (one-handed, short-ranged weapons), to be honest.
    deadagain
    deadagain
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Things you wish they add in the next game? Empty Re: Things you wish they add in the next game?

Post by deadagain Mon May 14, 2012 9:38 pm

I would like to see whips be more effective. Something like being able to wrap around arms or legs like Indiana Jones.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Things you wish they add in the next game? Empty Re: Things you wish they add in the next game?

Post by Dubscythe Mon May 14, 2012 9:39 pm

Dual wielding being viable outside of parrying.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon May 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Make your character larger for more fluid movesets, such as dark knight or channeler size. That way greatswords wouldn't be over your shoulder weapons anymore, but you would lose access to smaller equipment and mobility.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 14, 2012 10:13 pm

Dual Wielding

bows becoming a viable form of combat i.e. fire while running, decent damage

Better variety of bosses

more sidequests

better balancing of equipment

better implementation of covenants.

probably more, but can't think of em right now.
    Lauu
    Lauu

Post by Lauu Mon May 14, 2012 10:20 pm

I'd agree with the one above me. ^

Better and MORE sidequests and an improved covenant system.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon May 14, 2012 10:39 pm

more gag wapons like the broken straight sword

more unique weapons like combat staffs and a trick staff katana (inflicts strike for r1 attack but heavy slash damage for r2?)

more critical points for bow (i.e heart shots and crotch shots as well as head shots the last one being a super poise breaker:twisted: )

Armor piercing stat on weapons, im pretty sure weapons already sortof have this but its not quantified with a number, things like daggers or rapiers would have higher armor piercing but this stat would have no effect during bs's

Pulsing ring: the longer the player goes without being hit the higher their damage, caps at 25% boost which can be acheived by 25 seconds without being hit.

grasping claw: hand of the avarice cursed mimics, r2 can steal souls (15% of held souls a drain)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon May 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Servers
    White Mamba
    White Mamba
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by White Mamba Mon May 14, 2012 11:31 pm

A reverse hornets ring, that reduces criticals. Keep the hornets as well, that way you can choose between the two. It would make ring choices more interesting
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon May 14, 2012 11:34 pm

I might get hate for this but I want the world to be more Oblivion/Skyrim like. I want an open world version of Dark Souls. Where I go out adventuring, not every cave/area has treasure at the end of it. The fight to survive is a tough one. This would allow more sidequests, if you got annoyed at a boss you would have more options of things to do until you felt like fighting it again.
    EDIT: The only problem with this is working out how invasions and co-op work.

Last edited by DoughGuy on Mon May 14, 2012 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Mon May 14, 2012 11:34 pm

-dual wielding done right, can cater for lefties

-cooler spells

-cryomancy

-larger open world, and possibly mounts

-more npcs

-quests

-ultimate attacks, like requires 75 or 100 of a stat to use

-difficulty modes, like noob mode for casual gamers and souls mode for the men amongst us

-book of summoning to summon players of your level, like have it so that if your playing online and in soul form you are subject to being summoned at any time as punishment for not being human

-pvp arenas

-customizable moves, weapons, and armor
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon May 14, 2012 11:58 pm

White Mamba wrote:A reverse hornets ring, that reduces criticals. Keep the hornets as well, that way you can choose between the two. It would make ring choices more interesting
    Like, you get a useless ring, and a certain boss soul, and can turn it in to two different NPCs who make it Hornets or reverse hornets (Royals ring was name right?)
    Just like Spells and Miracles with boss souls in Demons

I'd like more armor variations, and NPCs. Also better bow combat and new critical hit animations that make sense (GScythe backstab is awful)
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 15, 2012 12:48 am

I want flails, though on current gen consoles it would be hard to pull off. Maybe Ps4 souls can have them!

Better balance equipment choices between mobility and defense. Wearing heavy armor should force a sacrifice, period.

Don't allow gigantic weapons to be 1Handed. After a certain weight you should have to sacrifice the shield.

I want them to not listen to the ideas that make Souls more Elder Scrolls like. We don't need another TES series.

Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Tue May 15, 2012 12:56 am

A Book of Warriors, that would show the name of every phantom you've co-oped with, and with the possibility of summoning them again if the requirements are met.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue May 15, 2012 1:02 am

Oh I forgot one.

Enabled voice chat between co op players pls. Once you summon them mics turn on and you can talk.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Tue May 15, 2012 1:23 am

All great ideas here for the new game (hope FROM is taking notes!)

I would personally like to see MASSIVENESS in the new game. At first glance playthrough, the world seems large, but after playing for awhile you realize its actually quite small. I want DS2 to be the largest physical map we have ever seen from a game. Like...it would take hours to go from east end to west end of map and vice versa. Just a huge behemoth area full of fun is what I want to see.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue May 15, 2012 2:38 am

make skeletons take little to no damage from thrust attacks as technically they would just go through without hitting much...

some variant of the dragon form or the promised lich form. maybe make it require a ring...
    Azran
    Azran
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Azran Tue May 15, 2012 2:46 am

In-game support for player created Covenants?

Example: You face a boss. If the boss is optional, before the fog gate you can kneel.
    If the boss isn't optional, then there should be an altar or such that allows you to use their soul on it.

Then, you can name a Covenant and, depending on the boss, it would give some minor rewards. Nothing as big as the main ones.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 15, 2012 8:08 am

lordgodofhell wrote:I would personally like to see MASSIVENESS in the new game. At first glance playthrough, the world seems large, but after playing for awhile you realize its actually quite small. I want DS2 to be the largest physical map we have ever seen from a game. Like...it would take hours to go from east end to west end of map and vice versa. Just a huge behemoth area full of fun is what I want to see.

Thing is with the big map, is that the way Dark souls is set up is in a level/area format. Each place you go through is an area that WILL have a boss, no two ways about it, and every area has one. However, these areas are linked up to make the open world that you see in dark souls.

I agree they should make it bigger, but by putting more content in rather than just spacing it all out on a giant map like elder scrolls do it, as it wrecks the whole point and system of Souls when you have a giant world. It's not meant to be an adventure game to pick flowers and meet loads of strangers. It's a desolate world where you kill just to live, having an open world like you suggest would detract from that.
    cleric1002
    cleric1002

Post by cleric1002 Tue May 15, 2012 8:23 am

After reading all the comments, and there were al lot of great ones, i thought that the game should rather stay as it is. Maybe if one or two things changed or were added but really, where would it all end? A lot of people might not agree and I know the originator said if......IF....... but for me, I would keep it exactly the same. Things you wish they add in the next game? 4205493335
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 8:33 am

One thing I do want, a city. I love walking through cities in skyrim and oblivion and listening to people talk about whats happening in the world. I dont mean follow the maround listening, bt as I run through the city I just talk to everyone to see what they say. I think if they added a very desolate city like the nexus is DeS it would work well.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 15, 2012 9:43 am

DoughGuy wrote:One thing I do want, a city. I love walking through cities in skyrim and oblivion and listening to people talk about whats happening in the world. I dont mean follow the maround listening, bt as I run through the city I just talk to everyone to see what they say. I think if they added a very desolate city like the nexus is DeS it would work well.

Perhaps, but still though something like a town is a reassuring place, whilst nexus was in all but name limbo, a place where you are dead but your soul cannot rest..

It could be a good addition but would have to be carefully designed and scarce with what they put in it to not make the place too happy an atmosphere in there, it would need for me to have merchants and NPCs who none of whom you could trust and a very desolate atmosphere
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue May 15, 2012 9:48 am

Make it like the painted world. A sepearte entity. Like the maelstrom from 40K. Filled with raiders and mutants and heretics who will as likely kill you as give you a bad deal.
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Tue May 15, 2012 10:20 am

Serious_Much wrote:
    lordgodofhell wrote:I would personally like to see MASSIVENESS in the new game. At first glance playthrough, the world seems large, but after playing for awhile you realize its actually quite small. I want DS2 to be the largest physical map we have ever seen from a game. Like...it would take hours to go from east end to west end of map and vice versa. Just a huge behemoth area full of fun is what I want to see.

Thing is with the big map, is that the way Dark souls is set up is in a level/area format. Each place you go through is an area that WILL have a boss, no two ways about it, and every area has one. However, these areas are linked up to make the open world that you see in dark souls.

I agree they should make it bigger, but by putting more content in rather than just spacing it all out on a giant map like elder scrolls do it, as it wrecks the whole point and system of Souls when you have a giant world. It's not meant to be an adventure game to pick flowers and meet loads of strangers. It's a desolate world where you kill just to live, having an open world like you suggest would detract from that.

I never said I wanted an open world...

I want a larger map. Nor did I say a large empty map. I want one "full of fun" as in, more bosses, sub bosses, enemies, and pvp specific areas.

They did a great job with the game but if we're talkin improvements it will need to be noticeably larger in order for that 60 hours gameplay to come to life. I believe it took about 40ish hours for me first time through. After that struggled to make it last 25 for a playthrough if I did not delay with invasions and such.

Bottomline is a game that claims 60 hours of gameplay has to be that...gameplay. Not 20 hours gameplay, and the rest hours farming...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 15, 2012 10:27 am

Thing is though, for the average joe, I'm pretty sure 60-80 hours was right on the mark (was for me). Newcomers to the series would definitely take that long to get through the levels and bosses simply because of the challenge, without need for much farming and such. My first was 80 hours, and that was without cooping or anything, just playing the game, exploring and finding my feet. Hell it took like 15-20 hours to get me past the gargoyles!

I think you're being a bit unfair on the game, it's like me complaining Demon's souls wasn't the challenge it was supposed to be because I was so used to it before starting it up and blitzed it in 30 hours..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:04 pm