Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
TehInfamousAmos
WyrmHero
dirkdeadeye
Buggy Virus
Rynn
roanispe
RANT
Glutebrah
GrEeNgObLiN
13 posters

Looking for a armor with low weights and some poise. Ideas?

Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Looking for a armor with low weights and some poise. Ideas? - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for a armor with low weights and some poise. Ideas?

Post by Glutebrah Mon May 07, 2012 12:28 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Green do you really want the RoFAP? Because with the onion head, the claymore and Havel's gauntlets(36 poise, which is good for all small weapons 2 handed), Dingy robes and Heavy boots you would need 49 endurance to fast roll. :|

Edit: With Havel's Ring yiu would only need 33 endurance.

i have always found ring of Favor better then Havels in all occasions. example if you were to take points out of Vitality to put in endurance to use ring of Favor your life would be higher, compared to using Havel and having more points for Vitality. And that does not include the endurance bonus that makes it even better. IMO there is never really a reason to use havels over Ring of favor.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Looking for a armor with low weights and some poise. Ideas? - Page 2 Empty Re: Looking for a armor with low weights and some poise. Ideas?

Post by WyrmHero Mon May 07, 2012 12:45 pm

RoFAP is great when used with DWGR, but for those who don't like using DWGR, Havel's ring is almost a necessity.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon May 07, 2012 12:53 pm

WyrmHero wrote:RoFAP is great when used with DWGR, but for those who don't like using DWGR, Havel's ring is almost a necessity.

what i am saying is he isn't going to sacrifice points on strength/dex etc.. he needs those to use a weapon. so the only points to sacrifice would be vitality.

you could have MORE life using ring of Favor and less points vitality, then using Havels ring and having more points in vitality

so using Havels just to need less points in endurance and can afford more points for vitality, might not make alot of sense when you can aquire more health using less points in Vit and using Ring of Favor.

it is something he would have to do the math for, but every build i ever made Ring of Favor = more life despite having less points in vitality.

Green:
    - Post your build assuming Vitality and endurance are at base levels and how many points you have left to spend on vitality and endurance,
    - Then find out how much endurance you need to use Ring of Favor, and how much you need to use Havels,
    - Then with the left over points add them all to Vitality to each build
    - Then factor in Ring of Favor to the Ring of Favor set up
    - Then what ever setup has the higher Health pool, that is your best bet.
    - I will bet the Ring of Favor with less Vitality points will have more health.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon May 07, 2012 1:50 pm

RoFAP - Havels end points = 16. I added them to vitality and gives 938 HP at vit 25 (assuming base vit is 11). With RoFAP at base vit gives 712 HP. This method can vary because vitality gets a sudden increase in points past 30 vit, so it could be more increase from RoFAP at 30 vit or more.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon May 07, 2012 1:57 pm

G,

I am fighting with light armor, either forget about poise or use your onion head plus wolf and also ring of steel protect.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon May 07, 2012 2:13 pm

Problem is i hate to stagger if im get hit. Ok im using ultrasword but dont u get easely staggers with 36 poise Y.?
    I need a backup to evade when im get hit. My setup now is
    Catarina helmed
    Dark armor
    Eastern gloves
    Catarina legging
    Total 54 poise
    Weap
    (ultra greatsword)greatsword
    Great scythe
    Grass shield
    Rings
    Dwgr & RofaP

End 44
    Vit 50
    Dex45
    Str the rest of points
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon May 07, 2012 2:15 pm

Yep but it changes your playstyle and the wolf ring gives 40 poise plus whatever your helmet gives.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon May 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Yeah poise don't matter, and your a dodging monkey, so use RoFAP + Wolf + Onion Head and any light armor you consider cool and use green blossoms.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon May 07, 2012 2:42 pm

onion head with painting guardian or shadow set except for havels gaunts? also the black sorceror set is really light. antiquated chest weighs 1 ... havels weigh 11.something +13 pounds for weapons = 25 pounds dang, no onion head.... umm does it have to be the 12 pound sword? i know the zwei is over used but it is lighter....

if you did rofap+havels ring you'd have what? 150? if you did that you'd have something like 37.5 pounds to work with...
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon May 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Sparkly you are a genius, Green do that RoFAP + Havels and green blossoms. You can have the GS and even a Grass Crest Shield and the 53 poise armor that looks cool.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon May 07, 2012 3:26 pm

True but.... Why changes dwgr into a havel? In that point i better uses dwgr. I wanted the cloranthy ring.
    Stamina regen is important for me
    Thx all for figuring out
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon May 07, 2012 6:04 pm

what about the chainmail set? its the only "light" armor that has poise even if it doesn't have much.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon May 07, 2012 6:13 pm

never heard of it? where to find?
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Mon May 07, 2012 6:31 pm

the unded merchant sells it
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon May 07, 2012 6:39 pm

Try no poise at all. Sorry but you can't have poise with light roll. That would be dark wood grain ring. Trust me, I do not use DWGR in any of my builds. My DEX builds uses light armor with wolf's ring, some without, and my STR builds wear armors with poise and do the medium roll.

Its not that hard to play with, but for those who played the entire game ninja flipping, can be a pain to get used to it
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon May 07, 2012 8:50 pm

thats true, i played a long time without till the dwgr
    maybe im gonna have it a try no poise.dont wanna use wolf the only reason is cloranthy ring because i really rely on stamina,best regen is the ring,better than grass shield.
    always afraid when i make a mistake and get stunned to death,thats why the poise as backup

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:35 pm