Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Hybrid Video Games

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Hybrid Video Games - Page 2 Empty Re: Hybrid Video Games

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed May 02, 2012 7:55 am

Oh that sounds like the Wandering Soul series I'd planned to right. In a world where everything has ended one man finds a small settlement. he is greeted by a young woman who is apathetic and dispassionate, though eventually she comes to understand that a single man can chang the course of history for many people.

Ah another seven minutes of self loathing. Care to join me Dough.....
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 02, 2012 8:00 am

Gladly. I prefer to right stories without that sort of global change. I mean I have one Im working on but thats only because Im in love with the idea and cant give up on it. The steampunk one would just be the guy surviving. I dont know how it would end though.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Wed May 02, 2012 2:35 pm

I think there's already a game for your second suggestion about RTSFPS, there was a thread about it a while ago.

I have similar ideas for games, and once considered a Sims-esque universe, kind of like a pick and mix comprised of Freelancer, Sins of a Solar Empire, The Sims (Understandably), Spore, and any generic FPS for on land combat. I think a game like this seriously needs to be made oneday. If you know anything about modding you could help me an a few others make an advanced First person/Strategy hybrid mod for Supreme Commander.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed May 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Sins of a Solar Empire meets Land based RTS.....

Thats EVE and Dust 514! Yay Cant wait for this to come out!
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed May 02, 2012 4:34 pm

Digitalyzed wrote:I think there's already a game for your second suggestion about RTSFPS, there was a thread about it a while ago.

I have similar ideas for games, and once considered a Sims-esque universe, kind of like a pick and mix comprised of Freelancer, Sins of a Solar Empire, The Sims (Understandably), Spore, and any generic FPS for on land combat. I think a game like this seriously needs to be made oneday. If you know anything about modding you could help me an a few others make an advanced First person/Strategy hybrid mod for Supreme Commander.

Sadly, my modding skills are not up to snuff so to speak. I'm getting into college in july so I wont know much till then.

As for the RTSFPS game, I know games like Savage, Natural Selection, and a couple others are up there in the idea, but I've never really seen one where the commander does more than just sit there building stuff and hope his teammates do the right thing to win the game. I honestly was dissappointed with Savage's commander gameplay, cause I was just building, activating powerups, and trying to give commands. Most people never listened, and half the time, buildings got destroyed cause no one was protecting them. It was very dissappointing to feel powerless when your in a position of power. It would have been better to actually be able to make units that are under my personal control.

And that space game is our hardest work, its going to take forever to even start, but we have at least near 70 pages of ideas written up. Its going to be elaborate as hell.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed May 02, 2012 7:42 pm

@Viral and Digit Check out Sins of a Dark Age. Its DOTA meets an RTS so its close to a RTSFPS.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Wed May 02, 2012 9:21 pm

@CS Spectre:
    "We lived on farms, and then we lived in cities, and now we're going to live on the internet!"

I'm in, bro.
    Chaos Spectre
    Chaos Spectre
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Chaos Spectre Wed May 02, 2012 10:50 pm

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:@CS Spectre:
    "We lived on farms, and then we lived in cities, and now we're going to live on the internet!"

I'm in, bro.

Bahaha, awesome, most people seem to like that game idea a lot.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Thu May 03, 2012 5:57 pm

DoughGuy wrote:@Viral and Digit Check out Sins of a Dark Age. Its DOTA meets an RTS so its close to a RTSFPS.

Will do boss!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:29 pm