Gaping Dragon possible Bug

TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Gaping Dragon possible Bug

Post by TheAshenPhantom on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:54 pm

Hello folks, as the title suggest this might have been a bug in the Gaping Dragon boss fight. Now I'm not sure if this only occurs in offline or in both offline and online but, I was going against the Gaping Dragon with Knight Solair and Lautrec when I noticed that none of their attacks were doing damage. Infact they were reciving twice the normal damage they would normally recieve. This was on a new character as my main is already in Anor Londo in NG+. I'm curious if anyone else may have experienced this or not? And if this is in the wrong fourm I apologize and would appreciate it if a mod would move it to it's proper place. Thank you and Good Hunting out there.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Re: Gaping Dragon possible Bug

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:49 pm

was the channeler alive? that might explain the extra damage it was doing... but other wise , n i have not heard of anything like this... sad

Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:12 pm

No I killed the Channeler before heading into the boss fight. I knew about him during my first playthrough. As I said it was on offline mode and I had both Npc phantoms. It may just been a momentary glitch since they were both there, then again they did just fine against the gargoyles. Thanks for asking I forgot to mention I killed the channeler XD. And yes I did beat the boss on that try. I just kept to back where his tail was, even got the axe from it. I just hope this doesn't happen to any other players who may not know the strategy to beat him.
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:32 pm

The only thing I can think of is that bosses are harder when you have phantoms with you, they should still do some damage to it though. I find both Lautrec and Solaire pretty useless in that fight, since they usually die within a minute, much easier solo. The only fights I actually got some help from npc phantoms were Bell Gargoyles, Moonlight Butterfly and Iron Golem.
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:04 pm

ublug wrote:The only thing I can think of is that bosses are harder when you have phantoms with you, they should still do some damage to it though. I find both Lautrec and Solaire pretty useless in that fight, since they usually die within a minute, much easier solo. The only fights I actually got some help from npc phantoms were Bell Gargoyles, Moonlight Butterfly and Iron Golem.

I'm well aware of that but I meant as in they did literally 0 damage. It didn't even pop up on the boss health bar that any hits were being registered. I actually watched Lautrec hit the boss 3 times and it didn't even show any movement in the health bar. And yeah I usually only use NPC's for the moonlight butterfly and golem but also to distract Ornstein or Smough, depending on which one wanted to take down. But thanks for your input, I haven't notice any other NPC Phantom issues so far so I'm hoping that will be the only time that may occur. And something I completely forgot to mention, I'm on the PS3. In anycase
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom on Wed May 02, 2012 9:45 pm

Ok this problem persisted into my fight against Smough and Ornstein. I had no problem against the Iron Golem with Tuskus as a summon. It seems Solair just isn't doing any damage with this account for some reason I watched him attack Smough with three sunlight spears and it didn't even register.... I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with that toon or if theres a possible bug affecting Solair?

PSN: GunGravePhantom

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:25 pm