Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
DoughGuy
demononspeed
6 posters

gaping dragon and the channeler

demononspeed
    demononspeed

gaping dragon and the channeler Empty gaping dragon and the channeler

Post by demononspeed Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:08 am

so i just found out that if you do not kill the channeler and go to fight gaping dragon, the channeler is taking pot shots at you from the walkway. is this known, or did i accidentally discover something new?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

gaping dragon and the channeler Empty Re: gaping dragon and the channeler

Post by DoughGuy Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:12 am

It is known. Be careful because he also buffs the dragon which means it can easily OHK you.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:15 am

It's on both wiki's so I'm pretty sure it's widely known. Quite important though, the fight is a bit of a pain without killing the channeler. For all ye who don't know how to get to him! Starting from the bonfire room take an immediate right when you exit the bonfire hallway.

Going down the steps you'll see a door/hallway in front of you across this room(this room also contains a ladder down. do not go down the ladder).

After you go through this hallway there are a bunch of rats on your right (which you can kill for humanity drops if you want) after killing or skipping, turn left down this hallway. There will be a box at the corner where the hallway bends to the left with a rat in it that jumps at you. After you kill it, turn left and proceed down the hallway to a drop-off/set of steps.

There are a few rats here you can kill if you so please. Right under the drop off is a small path/hall way. Proceed straight down this hallway and it will bend to the right(small note, as soon as you enter this hallway there is a quick turn to the right which leads to a sort of maze with rats in it.

This little maze has many trap drops in it that takes you down to the cursed frogs. So either proceed with caution if you go in here. But for this part skip it altogether and stay straight on this path to the bend at the end). Once you turn the bend I there is some fog here.

Either way as you enter this next room there is a set of steps ahead of you on the platform you are now standing on. Below the steps is the channeler and 3 giant rats.

(Thanks to amputec on the demon's souls forums)
    Zechk
    Zechk

Post by Zechk Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:01 am

Johannsny
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Johannsny Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:29 am

If you have a good bow, you can kill the channeler from the balcony just before you go down the steps to the boss fog gate. (from where the Sunbro drops his summon sign)
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:31 pm

I let Channeler live all the time now. Worth a good challenge in my opinion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm