Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
dirkdeadeye
reim0027
Kaminari
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Tolvo
ViralEnsign_
Reaperfan
Buggy Virus
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
BLA1NE
Serious_Much
Dubscythe
16 posters

Wow, helping people through Anor Londo is frustrating

Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Wow, helping people through Anor Londo is frustrating - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, helping people through Anor Londo is frustrating

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:25 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:Why does everyone (Serious_much Blaine) have to be so technical and kind of jerkish with their comments........ When you go into statistics about the game and information that a lot of people dont care about, it kind of makes you sound like a "know-it-all", which isn't cool.

I'm assuming you're saying this because of your other thread, in which you called SLB and CMW "unfair advantages" and people who use them to not use "legit" weapon upgrade paths. The wording of your OP in that thread was almost rude, and players who use those buffs could very well have been offended by that, since it was an ill-informed comment. That is why I threw the statistics I know at you, to show that those buffs are in fact not unfair advantages.

If you don't like people giving you technical responses, then you should be more careful in how you word your posts.

That thread was about opinions of those spells, not necessarily me saying its unfair. My opinion was that they are unfair, and I was looking for other peoples opinions, not tons of comments countering my opninion with statistical nonsense.

I have to point out that while Buffs are undeniably powerful you either face thast or lighting which I could say is not a real upgrade path as its too easy to obtain and doesnt ever require the charges the buffs have or the time to cast or the time limit.

Any while it s true that statistics are not really considered all that important by the majority of players I figure that if you want to post an opinion here you have to be prepared for knowledgable people, like blaine to come in with their two cents as well.

I got shot down in the PC discussion for commenting on how PC gamers would mod dark souls if the could/can. Apparentlt this was an uninformed comment that made me childish.... yeah well when it happens I won't look like the idiot. But if Blaine can chuck out the statistics is it not better to have them than not\?

I should have never started this....... I guess I just have a problem with people who misinterperate the actual reason of why a post was started, especially when its pretty much every comment I get on that post. I had this happen to me way too much in a Halo Reach forum website....... Sorry if I caused some headaches........ I just think that sometimes people should be less statistical, and explain things in a way that everyone can understand.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Wow, helping people through Anor Londo is frustrating - Page 2 Empty Re: Wow, helping people through Anor Londo is frustrating

Post by reim0027 Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:27 am

When I run through Anor Londo, I get past the archers (Parry FTW) to the second (third, depending on how you look at it) bonfire. I'll summon someone there, just for the bosses. I always see at least one or more summon sign. Sometimes, to make it even easier, I'll open the final shortcut, save at the first bonfire and summon phantoms at the start.
    dirkdeadeye
    dirkdeadeye
    Regular
    Regular

Post by dirkdeadeye Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:20 am

I was always confused why people invade there, Amos and Andy aren't optional bossses persay, and invading on the bridge will more likely than not net you a bunch of people going for the boss battle because it is a pain. Generally they're not geared enough to deal with invaders with endgame stuff. I think the intent is greifing by those standards, I don't care either way, but it just shows most of those guys are just as bad as the burg twinks they just moved up a little. And if you're in dark Anor londo just hang back, people do.use those rings.

I'm not saying its wrong. I just frown on the intent its obviously bulling. I did fight some gentlemen there however for disclosure. And that was fun. But you know the types the ones shooting dragon slayer bows on the upper level in the painting room
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:39 am

Buggy Virus wrote:
    He is complaining about the fact that a lvl 1 invading with fully upgraded gear could easily defeat a three person mob of phantoms still using starting gear.

What host and phantoms are using un-upgraded gear at Anor?
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:54 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:Why does everyone (Serious_much Blaine) have to be so technical and kind of jerkish with their comments........ When you go into statistics about the game and information that a lot of people dont care about, it kind of makes you sound like a "know-it-all", which isn't cool.

I'm assuming you're saying this because of your other thread, in which you called SLB and CMW "unfair advantages" and people who use them to not use "legit" weapon upgrade paths. The wording of your OP in that thread was almost rude, and players who use those buffs could very well have been offended by that, since it was an ill-informed comment. That is why I threw the statistics I know at you, to show that those buffs are in fact not unfair advantages.

If you don't like people giving you technical responses, then you should be more careful in how you word your posts.

That thread was about opinions of those spells, not necessarily me saying its unfair. My opinion was that they are unfair, and I was looking for other peoples opinions, not tons of comments countering my opninion with statistical nonsense.

I have to point out that while Buffs are undeniably powerful you either face thast or lighting which I could say is not a real upgrade path as its too easy to obtain and doesnt ever require the charges the buffs have or the time to cast or the time limit.

Any while it s true that statistics are not really considered all that important by the majority of players I figure that if you want to post an opinion here you have to be prepared for knowledgable people, like blaine to come in with their two cents as well.

I got shot down in the PC discussion for commenting on how PC gamers would mod dark souls if the could/can. Apparentlt this was an uninformed comment that made me childish.... yeah well when it happens I won't look like the idiot. But if Blaine can chuck out the statistics is it not better to have them than not\?

I should have never started this....... I guess I just have a problem with people who misinterperate the actual reason of why a post was started, especially when its pretty much every comment I get on that post. I had this happen to me way too much in a Halo Reach forum website....... Sorry if I caused some headaches........ I just think that sometimes people should be less statistical, and explain things in a way that everyone can understand.

might i suggest that you choose your wording with more care in future posts. there isn't much interpreting going on in a 100% text based format such as this forum. generally, readers are going to take what you type at face value.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:57 am

im sl 98 in dark anor londo and its hard to get anyone to invade.

but more on topic is my question can I still but down a summon sign and get summoned to help with O&S.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:10 am

GkMrBane wrote:im sl 98 in dark anor londo and its hard to get anyone to invade.

but more on topic is my question can I still but down a summon sign and get summoned to help with O&S.

Definitely, but you'll also get summoned to farm invaders once in a while at that level. I found more consistent summoning in the 100-120 range in that area than in the 40-60 range.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:23 am

I wonder if its different since im on the Xbox 360?

I also farm invaders alot since im trying to get this new toon back up to 120.

Is it still considered farming if im alone and dont have any other players with me, cause im just looking some good pvp and some souls.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:24 am

GkMrBane wrote:I wonder if its different since im on the Xbox 360?

Is it still considered farming if im alone and dont have any other players with me, cause im just looking some good pvp and some souls.

That's not farming, it's hosting and is completely acceptable.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:36 am

GkMrBane wrote:I wonder if its different since im on the Xbox 360?

Farming in PvP typically goes hand in hand with ganking on this forum. So if you tell people you farm invaders, they'll assume you mean you are ganking.

But from what you described you're just hosting, and no one has a problem with people hosting. Just thought I should mention that so you don't get some of us invaders having a low opinion of you. You don't actually grief and bully, so it's best to not make any misconceptions that you do.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:41 am

If you want to be invaded more often I would suggest using the Dried Finger if you haven't been using it already.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:43 am

I also Gravelord alot while hoasting so that I can get alot of invaders.

I do use the dried finger it just wasnt going well yesterday not alot of people online in the forest or anor londo.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:06 pm

GkMrBane wrote:I also Gravelord alot while hoasting so that I can get alot of invaders.

I do use the dried finger it just wasnt going well yesterday not alot of people online in the forest or anor londo.

I invaded for 3 hours yesterday in the forest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:00 am