Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
dirkdeadeye
reim0027
Kaminari
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Tolvo
ViralEnsign_
Reaperfan
Buggy Virus
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
BLA1NE
Serious_Much
Dubscythe
16 posters

Wow, helping people through Anor Londo is frustrating

Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Wow, helping people through Anor Londo is frustrating Empty Wow, helping people through Anor Londo is frustrating

Post by Dubscythe Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:28 pm

I'm putting my white sign down to help people get to and defeat Ornstein and Smough, and twice now I've gotten invaded while assisting someone. These people invading are REALLY powerful, why must people feel the need to grief?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Wow, helping people through Anor Londo is frustrating Empty Re: Wow, helping people through Anor Londo is frustrating

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:30 pm

half the fun of anor londo is killing the invaders!

I sure never did it for the "lulz" of rushing the famed archers...
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Wow, helping people through Anor Londo is frustrating Empty Re: Wow, helping people through Anor Londo is frustrating

Post by BLA1NE Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Dubscythe wrote:I'm putting my white sign down to help people get to and defeat Ornstein and Smough, and twice now I've gotten invaded while assisting someone. These people invading are REALLY powerful, why must people feel the need to grief?
    Why must invaders be griefers?

I've said it before: invaders are there to balance out phantoms. Without invaders, you just couldn't have co-op, or it wouldn't be Dark Souls.

Also: 90% of the time, as an invader, you're outnumbered. You said it yourself, it's when being a phantom that invaders frustrate you. Therefore you're at least 2 vs him, and you have the advantage that the host can flask. That's why invaders need to be REALLY powerful. Also, as a phantom it's entirely possible for you to be equally as powerful as the invader. Even the host has access to the majority of what the invader has once he's reached Anor Londo.

It's not griefing.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:44 pm

BLA1NE wrote:
    Dubscythe wrote:I'm putting my white sign down to help people get to and defeat Ornstein and Smough, and twice now I've gotten invaded while assisting someone. These people invading are REALLY powerful, why must people feel the need to grief?
    Why must invaders be griefers?

I've said it before: invaders are there to balance out phantoms. Without invaders, you just couldn't have co-op, or it wouldn't be Dark Souls.

Also: 90% of the time, as an invader, you're outnumbered. You said it yourself, it's when being a phantom that invaders frustrate you. Therefore you're at least 2 vs him, and you have the advantage that the host can flask. That's why invaders need to be REALLY powerful. Also, as a phantom it's entirely possible for you to be equally as powerful as the invader. Even the host has access to the majority of what the invader has once he's reached Anor Londo.

It's not griefing.

Ohhh, I thought they were really powerful because they had the best stuff and wanted to make Anor Londo hell for people, didn't know they were more powerful because of the amount of phantoms.

I retract what I said.
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Why does everyone (Serious_much) have to be so technical and kind of jerkish with their comments........ When you go into statistics about the game and information that a lot of people dont care about, it kind of makes you sound like a "know-it-all", which isn't cool.

Most of the time when I get summoned there, people already have invaders after them.... but when we take care of them , the rest of the area is cake. I think as well that there are a lot of griefers. Heck...... when I was in the depths a few days ago, I kept getting invaded by the same kid who was only level 35-45 using a little club and some fireballs..... I thought it was funny that he was so willing to fight me, but he died constanly, which made me pitty him a bit.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:49 pm

I don't get why you have something against me biker, I wasn't even being technical or a jerk.

My comment was 2 lines of meaningless chat for christ sake.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:54 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I don't get why you have something against me biker, I wasn't even being technical or a jerk.

He is complaining about the fact that a lvl 1 invading with fully upgraded gear could easily defeat a three person mob of phantoms still using starting gear.
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:56 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I don't get why you have something against me biker, I wasn't even being technical or a jerk.

Sorry, I meant Blaine......lol! Friends?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Well... that makes a lot of sense now lol!

no worries from me, dunno how blaine feels though silly

also next time, don't drag me into this stuff will you? kthx lol

edit: Even more people changing their avatars.. I'm really getting confused now sad
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:01 pm

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to start anything. :<
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:03 pm

not your fault...... just a little typo error
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:03 pm

Dubscythe wrote:Sorry guys, I didn't mean to start anything. :<

you didn't do anything wrong, dont you worry big grin
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:29 pm

What may also be happening is that players are trying to invade for Dark Anor Londo PvP, and not necessarily the "I'm gonna try and stop a host and his buddies from reaching the boss" kind of invading. So you'll have people invading randomly in PvP gear, hoping to invade Dark Anor Londo where they can fight other PvP minded opponents. So to reiterate the previous points being made, it's not always griefing, just accidental.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:41 pm

I can say the opposite and wonder why people need 3 phantoms to get through Anor Londo. Its not that hard.

All of them are really overly powerful. Then where do invaders get a chance>
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:46 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:I can say the opposite and wonder why people need 3 phantoms to get through Anor Londo. Its not that hard.

The level isn't that hard, it's the boss people want phantoms for. Fatty and Slim are probably the boss with the biggest difference in difficulty between taking them on solo and taking them on with phantoms. I personally still summon phantoms for the area, even though riposting Silver Knights to death is stupidly easy. I even get phantoms who throw out the Shrug gesture now and again wondering why I needed any help lol. But when it comes time to take on the boss, having a player be a distraction for one of them helps infinitely.

Last edited by Reaperfan on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:47 pm

It is a way to learn PvP though, I know I often like to help people through these areas as they're pretty PvP heavy, and I'm an avid PvP'er. It's pretty useful actually to have summons who are PvP, not PvE geared, as they can protect against invaders. As well PvP gear is pretty great for PvE anyway, though typically their spells attuned are anti player, meaning they might not be set up as well to hit the boss, but are still useful.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:55 pm

Tolvo wrote:It is a way to learn PvP though, I know I often like to help people through these areas as they're pretty PvP heavy, and I'm an avid PvP'er. It's pretty useful actually to have summons who are PvP, not PvE geared, as they can protect against invaders. As well PvP gear is pretty great for PvE anyway, though typically their spells attuned are anti player, meaning they might not be set up as well to hit the boss, but are still useful.

While thats all nice and well. You get players running around in all areas with two phantoms because they think they need it. Onstien and Smough are hard to take on solo I give you that. Not impossible though.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:57 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:It is a way to learn PvP though, I know I often like to help people through these areas as they're pretty PvP heavy, and I'm an avid PvP'er. It's pretty useful actually to have summons who are PvP, not PvE geared, as they can protect against invaders. As well PvP gear is pretty great for PvE anyway, though typically their spells attuned are anti player, meaning they might not be set up as well to hit the boss, but are still useful.

While thats all nice and well. You get players running around in all areas with two phantoms because they think they need it. Onstien and Smough are hard to take on solo I give you that. Not impossible though.

Phantoms also help with those stupid archers, which I'm starting to hate more and more considering I just died to them 5 times in a row.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:58 pm

That's why I really only Co-Op with tough bosses, or ones where a Phantom is useful for something, like cutting off Seath's tail, or doing the Four Kings fight. Gwyn, I think it's sort of a rite of passage to beat him solo so I never Co-Op there, the same Sif is an incredibly easy boss so I never mess around there. I just try to stick with bosses people actually need help on, as I hate to carry people and think it ruins the atmosphere of the game. As well I use area appropriate gear. So if I have a Chaos +5 Zweihander, I put it away and instead use my Silver Knight Sword on O&S.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:06 am

Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:Why does everyone (Serious_much Blaine) have to be so technical and kind of jerkish with their comments........ When you go into statistics about the game and information that a lot of people dont care about, it kind of makes you sound like a "know-it-all", which isn't cool.

I'm assuming you're saying this because of your other thread, in which you called SLB and CMW "unfair advantages" and people who use them to not use "legit" weapon upgrade paths. The wording of your OP in that thread was almost rude, and players who use those buffs could very well have been offended by that, since it was an ill-informed comment. That is why I threw the statistics I know at you, to show that those buffs are in fact not unfair advantages.

If you don't like people giving you technical responses, then you should be more careful in how you word your posts.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:45 am

blaine IS the stat guru...:roll:

oh well back on topic, an easy trick for the silver knights is poison arrows if your solo that is, even if the arrows themselves do no damage they'll still impart the poison in two shots and then after around 1 min they'll be dead, to make sure your shots are actually hitting look for a white flash on the silver knight...

also i actually have encountered invaders whose purpose was to prevent progress, they hold the bridge up to the archers or whip out a dragon bow themselves. they also tend to attune force or wog...
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:59 am

What are you rolling your eyes for? silly

But yes, definitely, I will concede that some people are in it just to hinder. Trolls will be trolls... I'm a bit guilty of that myself, when I invade in Sen's, but I try not to impede progress too much. I won't kill the same host twice, for instance, I'll crystal out.
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:28 am

BLA1NE wrote:
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:Why does everyone (Serious_much Blaine) have to be so technical and kind of jerkish with their comments........ When you go into statistics about the game and information that a lot of people dont care about, it kind of makes you sound like a "know-it-all", which isn't cool.

I'm assuming you're saying this because of your other thread, in which you called SLB and CMW "unfair advantages" and people who use them to not use "legit" weapon upgrade paths. The wording of your OP in that thread was almost rude, and players who use those buffs could very well have been offended by that, since it was an ill-informed comment. That is why I threw the statistics I know at you, to show that those buffs are in fact not unfair advantages.

If you don't like people giving you technical responses, then you should be more careful in how you word your posts.

That thread was about opinions of those spells, not necessarily me saying its unfair. My opinion was that they are unfair, and I was looking for other peoples opinions, not tons of comments countering my opninion with statistical nonsense.
    Kaminari
    Kaminari
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Kaminari Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:57 am

There is Statics and there is opinions. I think people in general are bad to separate them, and to make it clear that what they have is an OPINION or STATICS. If people would be better to build up their sentences and to seperate facts from opinions, I think it would be less grudges overall.

OT: Griefers will always be a part of dark souls, When I get invaded by a griefer, I just feel sad about them...I mean, their life is that sad that they don't have anything else to do than trying to invade someone over and over one hitting them when they self won't die even from 10 hits?..what a boring life...that's all I can assume about them :/
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:06 am

Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:
    BLA1NE wrote:

That thread was about opinions of those spells, not necessarily me saying its unfair. My opinion was that they are unfair, and I was looking for other peoples opinions, not tons of comments countering my opninion with statistical nonsense.

I have to point out that while Buffs are undeniably powerful you either face thast or lighting which I could say is not a real upgrade path as its too easy to obtain and doesnt ever require the charges the buffs have or the time to cast or the time limit.

Any while it s true that statistics are not really considered all that important by the majority of players I figure that if you want to post an opinion here you have to be prepared for knowledgable people, like blaine to come in with their two cents as well.

I got shot down in the PC discussion for commenting on how PC gamers would mod dark souls if the could/can. Apparentlt this was an uninformed comment that made me childish.... yeah well when it happens I won't look like the idiot. But if Blaine can chuck out the statistics is it not better to have them than not\?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 pm