Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Is the in-game community still active?

Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Is the in-game community still active? Empty Is the in-game community still active?

Post by Dubscythe Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:13 pm

I haven't played this game since late October and decided to pick it up again. I'm trying out a faith based character as my last two were pretty much warriors and I wanted to try something different.

For this playthrough I was gonna join the Warrior of Sunlight covenant so I could obtain those Miracles and take part in glorious co-operation. Ive never really delved into the multiplayer aspect of the game, but I do enjoy helping people out.

Is there still enough people playing that I will be able to join them in co-op, no matter which part of the game I'm at?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Is the in-game community still active? Empty Re: Is the in-game community still active?

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:18 pm

For Jolly Co-op you'll need to be within certain levels of each area for maximum effect. I think it's listed in the wiki. You'll find a large community still playing.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Is the in-game community still active? Empty Re: Is the in-game community still active?

Post by Dubscythe Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:39 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:For Jolly Co-op you'll need to be within certain levels of each area for maximum effect. I think it's listed in the wiki. You'll find a large community still playing.

Ah I see.

How would I go about this exactly? Should I just put my soapstone in front of where a boss would be? What happens when we kill it, do I just go back to my own world?
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:46 pm

Heres the wiki guide to online play... Check out the co-op part.

wiki-online.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Either in high traffic areas, like just outside the undead burg bonfire room, or near boss fights is typical. Also at the beginning of new locales. If you see a lot of ghosts about or Orange messages its probably a decent spot to try.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:08 pm

Thanks for the help guys, I just had my first co-op experience!

Lv12, helped someone beat the Taurus Demon, it was pretty fun! I should be able to join the covenant now, and I hope to continue to assist people throughout the game!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Your next mission is to help someone defeat the bell tower gargoyles!
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Federally wrote:Your next mission is to help someone defeat the bell tower gargoyles!

But of course!

Do I have to defeat them before I can help someone do it? I'm standing at the fog door as I post this.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:14 pm

No you can help before doing it yourself, its one way to learn the encounter without risk. But are you sure you can complete it?
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:17 pm

Federally wrote:No you can help before doing it yourself, its one way to learn the encounter without risk. But are you sure you can complete it?

I went ahead and fought them on my own anyway. Remembered their attacks and took them down pretty quickly.

I'm sure people would appreciate me using my Lightning Spears to take out a 3rd of the Gargoyle's health big grin
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:57 pm

I never struggle with them with any light agile build but I couldn't get my slow rolling knight through them for the life of me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:57 pm