Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+27
GkMrBane
True King Doran
Extertionist
Dubscythe
Railage
cleric1002
Deadpool
Rynoa
DoughGuy
Tolvo
sinisterapathy
Federally
PlasticandRage
cloudyeki
callipygias
Artorias
User
Yarxov
Rynn
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ViralEnsign_
reim0027
Imarreteet23
Forum Pirate
lextune
Buggy Virus
disapearow
31 posters

Respecting invaders?

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Respecting invaders? - Page 4 Empty Re: Respecting invaders?

Post by Yarxov Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:17 pm

Invaders are there to kill you, not duel you. Duels imo are initiated via RSS summon. Respect for me simply means no taunting. Other than that anything goes.

@One who supplied list of 'Respect breakers'(phone prevents me from seeing poster atm)
    As an invader, I dont buff. As a host, I dont buff. if my enemy buffs when I am ready to fight for my(or their) life, I will take the opportunity.
    This does not apply to dueling in the Kiln or other marked areas, but random invasions are different.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:04 pm

I always find these ethical discussions insteresting. People get very caught up in their point of view, which has obviously been shaped by their PVP experience and their PVP expectations. I frame my response as one who sucks at PVP.

For me it is fairly simple. If I did not invite the invader into my world, via rss, or did not agree to a set of rules somehow with the invader in advance then it is my choice as to how I choose to deal with the invader. If I want to back stab them as soon as they spawn or sime other similar tactic (not that I am talented enough to pull it off) that is my choice. Maybe I am carrying a pile of humanity and souls and do not want to have to retrieve those as I think it is fairly likely I will lose the match. Or maybe I am trying to summon a phantom to assist me and I am waiting and waiting and waiting while down to my last humanity. If the invader is honorable and looking for a duel, that is great, unfortunately I am not, so in my mind whatever is necessary to survive is acceptable. With all that said I do not besmirch the invaders for invading and I do besmirch those who gank and grief. With that I will cease in my besmirching.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:03 pm

I give that^ post 3,000 thumbs up.
    Dubscythe
    Dubscythe
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Dubscythe Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:50 am

Well I just got destroyed in ONE spell while making my way through the Catacombs by an invader.

I respect them a bit less now.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:06 am

I give any invader the chance to bow if he doesnt then I know its straight to the battle.

If I dont want to be invaded I dont turn human.
    bmurn
    bmurn
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : the Dead Burg (formerly "undead" but now renamed after a significant effort at regentrification.)

Post by bmurn Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:05 pm

callipygias - thanks for the positive vote.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:25 pm

I think that the ONLY times invaders SUCK are when I lost my souls/humanity at the boss arena, and now I want help to get them back, then I go human and wait for signs to appear. Then, I get invaded, and killed because I'm a heavy tank who's only good at PvE. And I needed those souls because I want to level up or I want to buy upgrading items... This happened to me twice. I now play characters that are good at both. I.E. My pyromancer and my new evil dex lady :3 She's always human because I LOVE PvPing with her.

Now I invade regularly, and I always bow. yeah, I've gotten bs'd, but it happens. What do I lose by getting killed? A cracked red eye orb, maybe? I say, if you're being invaded, and you're in a horrible mood and you simply need help for the boss, kick their butt out of your world in any way possible. While they bow if you want to. Just don't taunt as if you're better at PvP or you're more "clever" than the invader haha!

BY THE WAY: This is a reply to the original topic. I did not read the entire thread. Skip me if it's super random.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:27 pm

^It's fine, expected actually, new voices and opinions to be heard and shot down miserably silly (jk)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:45 pm