Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
FinPeku
Federally
footsied
FattyOfDoom
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
dancash1808
Rynn
Extertionist
mugenis4real
Shkar
Brokewilly
ViralEnsign_
ChizFreak
Forum Pirate
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
cloudyeki
befowler
DoughGuy
skarekrow13
billy_bayonet
TehInfamousAmos
Rin
Yesuurd
Tolvo
29 posters

The Men in Tights

billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The Men in Tights - Page 17 Empty Re: The Men in Tights

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:45 pm

lols i loved using that on the fools idol dirty git loved it!
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:26 am

So an interesting thing happened to me today. I invade this guy. he's hanging out near Alvinas WITH a hunter. Im like :evil:. This just happened to Broke and now I have to deal with it? SO I cautiously approach the guy looking for a phantom but see none. The host isnt doing anything but the hunter is running around me, swinging his sword being annoying. So after about a minute of just staring I slowly approach the dude, he backs off, we start circling, go for a few hits but we dodge each other. Then the other hunter backs off and we start dueling. He's 2 handing some greatsword and Im eagle shield/2 handing with my MSGS. We fight for a bit, both down to about a third and we start playing really cautiously. SO he charcoal resins his sword, I almost getting a running attack. now Im in trouble so I go all out He hits me once and I go down to 10 but I manage to hit him and kill him. So afterwards the guy messages me saying he likes my build. I say thanks and ask him why the hunter was there. He says it was his friend and he was just goofing around. Then we have a full on convo about Dark Souls. SO what started off seeming like a horrible affair turned out pretty good.

In other news I was fighting this camper, he's on almost nothing. i swing and swear I hit him but nothing happens, and then he manages to get a BS on me. Halfway through the animation he takes 300 dmg out of nowhere, dies and the BS cancels. LAAAAG.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:20 am

Poor old lag gets nothing but bad rep, yet it helps as much as it hinders.

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:24 pm

Come on my Men, I'd love to hear more stories. Sadly I'm still sick, but I managed to get an interesting one in last night.

I was going through a new toon in the forest, and didn't realize...I was human. So a man invades, a Dark Wraith. I see him, he sees me...And I just flat out bolted. I was under geared, level 40, and had all the NPC's alive, and I wasn't a forest hunter. I could just hear what sounded like explosions behind me, a CSS, the many hunters chasing me. When suddenly I heard what sounded like a bush rustling, and realized I ran right into all the ents. one grappled me and I could just see the **** arrive, he waited with a catalyst in hand and as soon as I was free I saw the CSS, so I rolled and barely escaped. Sprinting again as fast as I can, I made the jump near pharis, which he countetered by running through Alvina's house, he was faster than me so he got right in front of me. I dashed head first at him and he started a cast when I kicked him, then backstabbed him for 100 damage, he had around 1.3k it seemed. So as he rose he spun around to fight, to see me with piss draining from my tights as I finally reached the grave of Art's door. Opened it and rolling in for no real raisin, when suddenly a sword hit me in the back, just as a cutscene started. Phantom sent home, Eureka! I survived, and prostrated having survived the mad ordeal...Then Sif hit me with his sword as I kissed the ground. sad
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:03 am

Tolvo, my good sir.

By any chance, would you be interested in increasing your ranks by one dastardly rogue (XBL)?

It would be my prank character, who I mainly use to harass farmers (poison them, lead them to mobs, etc). I'm no PvP genius, far from it (He only wears pants and the hat, and uses caestus), but when I saw this group of honorable men, I knew I had found a potential home!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:47 am

I say let the man in big grin

For a story, I met with dw17 in the kiln. I was testing out a new armor setup with pharis hat, Black Iron chest and havel arm and legs (87 poise right there, 95 with my helm) and got invaded by a DMB. I figured I might as well fight this stranger. After getting a blade shoved through my chest he messaged me and told me it was on accident.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:03 am

cloudyeki wrote:I say let the man in big grin

For a story, I met with dw17 in the kiln. I was testing out a new armor setup with pharis hat, Black Iron chest and havel arm and legs (87 poise right there, 95 with my helm) and got invaded by a DMB. I figured I might as well fight this stranger. After getting a blade shoved through my chest he messaged me and told me it was on accident.

Haha, while I appreciate the sentiment, if the duel we have to do with Tolvo to get in requires a certain proficiency, I doubt I will get in on that character, unless he takes pity on me for my unusual build.

Still, I think that using the tactics of a dashing rogue will lead me to victory :!:
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:05 am

Just prove yourself as roguish enough with your poison and playful fighting. I know I toy with my prey when I'm having to much fun.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:05 am

Since your XBL you'll have to record yourself doing some pvp then post it so tolvo can rate you.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:09 am

DoughGuy wrote:Since your XBL you'll have to record yourself doing some pvp then post it so tolvo can rate you.

I have a friend with a capture card, so I can probably get a recording done up. Are there any requirements? Is it one good fight, or a collection, or what?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:11 am

You;d have to ask Tolvo for specifics.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:01 am

BEST STORY EVER! I invade near Alvina's and see 2 guys waiting for me. So I run back across the bridge and wait just outside the doorway so I can get them as they come in. However these 2 are smart. They sit on the bridge with their magic waiting for me to come back. So I start poking myself out provoking them. And because of the way I was locked on my but was the first thing out of the doorway. So for 10 solid minutes I sit there poking my but out of occansionally taunting them. They're throwing a dozen fireballs to try and hit me and they all miss. Eventually the phantom gets annoyed and tries to sneak around the other side to get me from behind. Here's the thing. When your in giants and glowing white your kinda hard to miss. Anyway while he runs off the host walks just outisde alvinas house and turns her back to me. So I run out and attack her dealing 200 damage before she reacts and dodges away. As she tries to run I get a bs for 800 but she survives. So she runs all the way back to the gate looking for more summons. She tries to heal but while she does I get a stunlock and kill her. All the while this is happening the phantom is off on the other side of the map trying to find me.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:39 am

Lol......Nice. I am finished being the Easter Bunny (stories are over on the peddler thread) and will resume my career in tights very soon.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:02 am

I'll keep it short. Yesterday I actually killed somebody with my pharis hat streaker build by punching them with an ascended pyro glove +5. Time to retire?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:15 am

The footage has to be of PvP, but you don't have to make some sort of expert montage of you killing three farmers in some spectacular way. I just need to get a grasp of how you play, not how well you do.

Very nice Dough, it's a good thing you didn't end up like Forest Gump will all of your booty poking tactics.

Skare I hope you return!

Befowler...How..What...How did you manage that?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:44 am

Befowler......that beats my best feat. I've only made Priscilla's dagger look like a legitimate weapon. How in the world did you pull that off?
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:49 pm

Pure luck basically - the guy was already nearly dead from another hunter using a buffed washing pole who had already killed one of his phantoms. He foolishly rolled backwards while facing the other guy and ended up right front of me and I just punched him. 44 dmg and down he went. I'd actually meant to backstab him but I guess you can't with a pyro glove since the swing is R2. Still, it was pretty darn funny. Also goes to show you that good things can happen if you just manage to stay alive long enough. I was out of poison clouds and nearly dead myself, but he was the one who shuffled off this mortal coil to the sight of a streaking guy in a funny hat doing a bunch of Joy! gestures.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:10 pm

I got a suicide host this morning. 2nd time invading this fool and his sunbro guard. I get summoned in Alvina's house next to a SoV going through the poison death animation. Look out the hut and see the house trying to use his bow an poison arrows on me like the first, felt he seems to be all out. Mr bkga sunbro strolls up and I am already smacking him around with my MLGS. host decides to jump into the fray when a 2nd hunter comes in and drags the host off into a 1 on 1. I finish the sunbro within 10 seconds and as I go to check the host and other hunter he's kicking the hunter of his GLGS. Partners dead so I rush him to try and finish him, the host (who is at full life and I'm at half if even that) runs all the way to the stairs and circles a bit before running full pelt and jumping off the cliff.

I kinda wanted to message him to ask why he wanted to jump so bad when he had a decent chance of killing me.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:20 pm

Dear hunters/MiT, im about to drop alot of gear in the forest for the vagrant swarm event, keep a eye open for vagrants in about 2 hours time... Look for them while waiting to invade and try ldraw gankers to them when invading. Have fun.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Mildred is there any way you can keep that up for 6 hours. I'm at work right now and I don't wanna miss out on bridge vagrants snipping at hosts.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:29 pm

my capture card hates me sad
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:09 am

Tolvo wrote:The footage has to be of PvP, but you don't have to make some sort of expert montage of you killing three farmers in some spectacular way. I just need to get a grasp of how you play, not how well you do.

I'll try to get a recording of my devilish resource draining by this week or the next. I'd hope it would help out the other tight's wearing tough guys, but I believe the majority of you guys are PSN, no?

Also, are messages of outrage/shock allowed if they are written by a proper gentleman?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:17 am

They are fine, if they have an interesting story to go with them.

Hey, information regarding game mechanics is cross platform, as is the form of combat. So if your videos show tactics and combat tricks, they would help out PS3 people as well.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:21 am

Tolvo wrote:They are fine, if they have an interesting story to go with them.

Hey, information regarding game mechanics is cross platform, as is the form of combat. So if your videos show tactics and combat tricks, they would help out PS3 people as well.

Well, so far the only shocking information I've gotten is that even a 1 damage thron roll can stagger someone with no poise, and the Thorn leggings/Orange Charred Ring combine for a ~50 kick (on ents, at least. I'm no good at kicks yet...).

Interesting stories are probably what I will provide most though. I got a quintuple chain backstab on a Gravelord, who kept trying to heal. I thought it was rather interesting that he just keep trying to roll away.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:25 am

So far all of my tests have shown the Charred Ring doesn't increase kick damage, just the Thorns set does. Have you verified you are dealing more damage because of it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:11 pm