Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
reim0027
Wade_Wilson
berkut
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Reaperfan
FromFame
10 posters

Why can't i repair my Crystal Halberd?

FromFame
    FromFame

Why can't i repair my Crystal Halberd? Empty Why can't i repair my Crystal Halberd?

Post by FromFame Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:00 pm

so i've found an ascendent Crystal Halberd in a chest in New londo when i 1st visited it,

it surpassed my Drake Sword that i've been using ever since i got it 4 months ago.

it helped me lots and now its on the verge of breaking and it doesn't appear on the repair list when with the black smith or bonfire.

is there a specific way to repair enhanced weapons?

i'd love any advice,
    cheers!
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Why can't i repair my Crystal Halberd? Empty Re: Why can't i repair my Crystal Halberd?

Post by Reaperfan Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Unfortunately, crystal weapons can't be repaired. Blacksmiths can't repair it, you with a repair box at a bonfire can't repair it, and even the spell "Repair" can't repair it. The only way to "repair" a crystal weapon is to have the Giant Blacksmith upgrade it by another rank, but even that's not permanent as once you get the upgrade maximized at +5 you won't be able to repair anymore.

EDIT: I see you're a first time poster. Welcome to the forums! happy
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Why can't i repair my Crystal Halberd? Empty Re: Why can't i repair my Crystal Halberd?

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:06 pm

sadly crystal weapons cannot be repaired, if you like the moveset you could make a +15 halberd using andre the blacksmith (you'll need two ember items for the full upgrade path.)
    one ember is in the depths, the other is in new londo ruins (the place where you got the halberd is ANOR londo not new londo) the +15 version will have more durability and be repairable.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Indeed, as Reaperfan said, crystal weapons are doomed to break. I suggest that you avoid upgrading rare weapons that are not easy to obtain to crystal. I would go for another upgrade type altogether personally, that way you can at least repair it, and someone with the item degradation spell will not be quite as infuriating.

Welcome to the forums big grin
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:08 pm

What reaperfan said. There is no way to repair crystalized weaponry so its best to use the East Wood Grain Ring, which halves the rate at which a weapon loses its durability. It can be bought from an NPC called Shiva of the East who will appear when you join the forest hunters, or you could trade for one from another forum member.
    FromFame
    FromFame

Post by FromFame Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:14 pm

ah i see, alright thanks guys, that really helped!

and thanks for the warm welcoming!
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:31 pm

FromFame wrote:ah i see, alright thanks guys, that really helped!

and thanks for the warm welcoming!

No problem. Stick around: we're a friendly forum and we help where we can. Praise the sun!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:49 pm

Yeah, that part really sucks. But, welcome to the forums man!
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:36 am

berkut wrote:and someone with the item degradation spell will not be quite as infuriating.
    Oh man, I hadn't even thought of people using Acid Mist against crystal weapons--that seriously sucks! It's really too bad you can't repair crystal weapons... I mean, they already have their durability cut down by 90%, isn't that enough to offset the tiny bit of extra damage they do?

Look at it this way: the Katanas are great weapons, their only downside is that they're brittle... but you can repair them, so it's not a problem. I don't really see why From thought Crystal weapons were so powerful that they should break so fast and be irreparable. Should be one or the other: either reduce their durability and make them reparable, or keep their durability and make them irreparable. Both just makes it too big an inconvenient to ever use them, unless it's a very easily obtainable weapon and you have a lot of time and chunks to waste making new ones.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:48 am

Are crystal weapons the strongest of all the weapon paths? Like if they could be repaired, would that be the way to go?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:22 am

For the most part, yes. +15 will generally outdamage other weapon paths, and crystals are slightly more damaging and they can be buffed.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:04 pm

Sweet deal, I'm going crystal and never looking back 8)
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Okay, just be careful not to do it with weapons that can't be obtained regularly, or you will have a very short lived stint of awesomeness before it breaks :S
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:09 pm

You should make a Crystal Washing Pole!
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Tolvo wrote:You should make a Crystal Washing Pole!

Well gee whiz Tolvo that sounds like a great idea!
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:30 pm

Crystal Washing Pole, Durability: 6

Joy
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Ok,here is my opinion on crystal upgrade path because i think i use it more then the average player(still not much). I personally use it mainly for shields but i do upgrade weapons on the occasion. for shields it gives a decent stability boost but still nothing too special, around 1-4 extra stability is added. some shields that extra stability makes a bigger difference then others.

As for weapons i think they are useful but the fact you need a regular slab to get the full potential is a shame. Something that would make the upgrade path a lot more attractive is if you were able to return it to its original state like ALL the other weapon upgrades. If you do have a weapon and the ores to throw away on a weapon for it i would suggest something like a rapier and go all out and make it +5(using it only for ripostes and backstabs). STR weapons get an added 40-45dmg and DEX get a 25-30dmg. So obviously katanas arent the best idea for that path.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:52 pm

I think it'd be cool if it just required chunks to repair, instead of souls. That way, you'd have to keep feeding your weapon chunks to repair it, which would be more inconvenient than repairing a regular weapon, but at least it wouldn't break.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:19 pm

^^ thats a good idea. cause even if they let you return the weapon to its original state(which i still think you should be able to do) that would add more incentive to upgrade it to +5. cause lets face it no one is going to make a crystal weapon unless it was a mitstake or they bb glitch a bunch of slabs or are in ng+++ and have a bunch of spare slabs(still think +15 weapons or armor would be a better thing to use them on). like i said tho a +5 crystal rapier would be a pretty good weapon if you had that spare slab and only used it for crit dmg.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:17 am