Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Kerberos-013
Aznul
lextune
Anonymous Proxy
RANT
Kuragari
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
Green__Eagle
raecor14
14 posters

is the Black Knight Halberd the best halberd?

raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

is the Black Knight Halberd the best halberd? Empty is the Black Knight Halberd the best halberd?

Post by raecor14 Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:26 am

hey guyssss, just wondering what the best halberd is? i used to run a lightning one but that was a long while a go but i remember it being badass, so guys heres my main question Gargoyle halberd or black knight?
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

is the Black Knight Halberd the best halberd? Empty Re: is the Black Knight Halberd the best halberd?

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:32 am

Low-level, definitely Gargoyle Halberd. In fact, get two. Fire+10 and Divine+10.

I haven't played with the BKH much...
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

is the Black Knight Halberd the best halberd? Empty Re: is the Black Knight Halberd the best halberd?

Post by raecor14 Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:38 am

Green__Eagle wrote:Low-level, definitely Gargoyle Halberd. In fact, get two. Fire+10 and Divine+10.

I haven't played with the BKH much...
    iv seen it used for ganking, never as a full weapon, PS this is for a higher level build so yeahhhhhh.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:44 am

In terms of pure damage, probably. It also has decent r2s. Its heavy though.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:49 am

i made a build that can use it with 36 poise and light roll as well and faith and 35 vit. ^_^
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:41 am

Forum Pirate wrote:In terms of pure damage, probably. It also has decent r2s. Its heavy though.

The BKH is best for a str build (with 18 dex), while the G halberd is best for a quality build and the regular scythe is best for dex builds.

Yeah, if you like the r2s then you can use it, personally i prefer the G halberd or the regular halberd.
    Kuragari
    Kuragari
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kuragari Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:40 pm

i always liked the bkh, i used it for awhile. it does have great damage for awhile. i even liked the regular halberd too, but i really enjoyed the lucerne, a lightning lucerne does more damage at +4 then the bkh, as does a fire lucerne +10, those are the only 2 lucerne weapons i have. i've honestly never tried the garg halberd.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:09 pm

if you have a hight sl toon and have 40str/dex the garg hal is the best. bk hal is cool but it just too heavy and the h2 r2 kinda sucks unless you do it on a wake up, it has no range and its so slow, the 1h r2 i better.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:21 pm

Mm. I disagree with you, good sir. The BKH has plenty of decent range. I use it for any range battle necessary.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:13 pm

I had a Anor coop build that could only 2 hand it, (and fast rolled, at level 50), and it absolutely DESTROYED everything in it's wake. It was great fun.

....that being said, I prefer the move set of the regular halberd and think it is a far more versatile weapon.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:58 pm

I personally like the great scythe, for the reach and bleed, but I haven't really tried the black knight halberd.
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:09 pm

Lucerne is a good weapon because of, low weight and thrust damage.

You can pair it with the Leo ring for some extra counter damage. I use a +15 Lucerne with Sunlight Blade. If you have the Faith, at high level this is good weapon.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:24 pm

Anonymous Proxy wrote:Mm. I disagree with you, good sir. The BKH has plenty of decent range. I use it for any range battle necessary.

i said the 2h r2 has crappy range, not the other moves. i love the bk hal, i use it with my bk build along with the bkugs(i dont really like the axe and the gs much) but the r2(2h)is jut too slow and i just feel like it should have a lore range for a move like that.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:30 pm

I also think the R2 has multiple parry windows, at least 2. One when he spins it and one when it's actually coming down on you. The spin itself does no damage for w/e reason.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:58 pm

i see the regular halberd as the best one, its got some of a spears stabiness, high damage, stunlock capability and the usual solid halberd r2 move set, plus it an get equal damage to the bk hal WITH thrust damage which tends to make it do more damage than the bk hals "regular" dmg type, plus leo ring.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:58 am

I like the normal Halberd the best, but my favorite is the BKH. It's the only Str Halberd, but the drawback is its weight. It's good for mid roll builds though because it's nice and long.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:31 am

Grammar nazi tiems
    Ghadis_God wrote:I like the normal Halberd the best, but my favorite is the BKH. It's the only Str Halberd, but the drawback is its weight. It's good for mid roll builds though because it's nice and long.
    You like one the best but the other is your favorite? silly
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:49 am

Sorry, that's terrible writing. I like the Halberd best, as in, I think it's the most powerful and useful weapon in its class. However, the BKH is more fun and interesting to use.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:21 am

http://mmdks.com/o8q THIS IS MY SUPER AWESOME BUILD THAT CAN ONLY USE 1. yeah. its gonna be badass.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:38 am

Ghadis_God wrote:Sorry, that's terrible writing. I like the Halberd best, as in, I think it's the most powerful and useful weapon in its class. However, the BKH is more fun and interesting to use.
    Heh, that makes more sense.

In your opinion, is the BKH+5 OP or could there be a better upgrade path with a regular halberd?(Specifically for a low dex build).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:28 am