Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
ErrJon6661
Tokidd
6 posters

I killed Shiva!

Tokidd
    Casual
    Casual

I killed Shiva! Empty I killed Shiva!

Post by Tokidd Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Yes, that's right, I killed Shiva of the East accidentally because the Wiki says the ring his bodyguard totes is worth killing him for. Problem is you can't kill one without the other going after you, and Shiva was murdering me with that bloody sword of his, so I whacked him a few times and ended up killing both of them. Now I got the ring, and I gotta say: it ain't worth it! Big deal, I can do a cool sommersault, but I can't stack it with Havel's ring because that will force me to take of the Ring of Protection, which will then break. So it does me little good.

I managed to buy a couple items from Shiva before I killed him, but I'm starting to think I made a mistake. I don't know. What do you guys think?

tokidd
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I killed Shiva! Empty Re: I killed Shiva!

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:33 pm

In past games I would kill shiva for the ring.

I find it doesn't really matter to me either way I go. I don't use the ring anymore, but at the same time he doesn't sell weapons that I use regularly minus the uchi. I like just keeping my burden low and using my ring slots on things that are a bit more useful.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Tokidd wrote:Yes, that's right, I killed Shiva of the East accidentally because the Wiki says the ring his bodyguard totes is worth killing him for. Problem is you can't kill one without the other going after you, and Shiva was murdering me with that bloody sword of his, so I whacked him a few times and ended up killing both of them. Now I got the ring, and I gotta say: it ain't worth it! Big deal, I can do a cool sommersault, but I can't stack it with Havel's ring because that will force me to take of the Ring of Protection, which will then break. So it does me little good.

I managed to buy a couple items from Shiva before I killed him, but I'm starting to think I made a mistake. I don't know. What do you guys think?

tokidd
    You can kill the ninja without killing shiva & it isn't hard to do. After killing the ninja re-load your game & quickly pickup the ring while avoiding Shiva. You can then re-set your sin to buy more stuff from Shiva. Shiva's items also aren't that great. Unless there's a weapon you wanted to use you can pretty much skip him.

Unless you're ok with medium role Darkwood grain ring is better than Havel since it'll let you wear heavier gear when compared to 25% equipment load using Havel. The Fap ring is a bit overrated in my book as well. I would only use it if you really needed the extra hp. Really though at least 1 ring slot should be saved for things that will increase damage.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Tokidd wrote:Now I got the ring, and I gotta say: it ain't worth it! Big deal, I can do a cool sommersault [...]
    You will learn...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:02 pm

Havel's ring is better used for wearing heavy armour and getting uder 50% burden. That way you have medium roll while being a tank. Dark wood grain ring is better used for wearing medium armour and effectively being under 25% burden.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:13 pm

Why, how, how could you kill him! He was my clan leader, he hunted trespassers in the forest with me! sad
    Prostration
    DustyMonolith

Post by DustyMonolith Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:47 am

At 40 endurance, that ring and the RoFP will give you the quickest roll and movement speed up to 48 equipment load, whereas Havel's Ring and RoFP will only give you up to 34 equipment load to maintain fast roll/move.
    Tokidd
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Tokidd Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:38 am

Thanks to everyone for their repliies. I feel better now about this mistake. Also, my loss of standing in the forest hunter's covenant has proven quite useful for soul farming.

To the person who seems to be best pals with Shiva, all I can say is: sorry dude. Nothing personal

I was able to buy the uchi from Shiva, and there was nothing else in his stock that I really wanted, so I guess it's all good.

Thanks again!

Peace

Tokidd

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:30 pm