Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Share
    avatar
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 429
    Reputation : 4
    Join date : 2012-03-05

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by The Once-Ler on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:19 pm

    Maneater_Mildred wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:i forgot to mention no gmb/mb since casting it makes gmw useless and it mkaes slb the only viable buff, i never use gmb but there's a lot of people that use it.

    I agree.

    You should edit that into the list on the 1st post.

    I also noted that you dont have a lvl cap listed.... So before you list it... What do you think of lifting the lvl cap too 125? I like the idea and know afew ppl are already using 125s...



    I realize that I am pretty much a part-timer these days compared to most of you, but I am not sure I would agree with this. I know a number of us came over from the sl125 arenas and had to completely remake builds to match the sl120 cap. The SL 120 cap makes this FC unique and I have grown to like it. If everyone else is in favor I will allocate the additional 5 points to those builds, but I personally like the 120 limit (though I still have a couple of 125s left over for burg pvp).


    _________________


    PSN: kingphisher2 and Once-Ler_

    I will respect Rex

    I will not misuse Rex Kwon Do

    I will be a champion of justice and freedom
    avatar
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 2525
    Reputation : 182
    Join date : 2012-01-19
    Age : 43
    Location : The 3rd place.

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by Maneater_Mildred on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:22 pm

    RantFromRant wrote:cap stays at sl 120, i dont get why people wanna get to 125, 5 sl's really that important? i always finish my buils at sl 116 or less.

    Post it up in the list then to make it clear. Proper Bow


    _________________
    01010111 01010100 01000110:
    01000001 00100000 01101000 01101001 01100100 01100100 01100101 01101110 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101111 01101101 00100000 01110011 01110000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 00101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010011 01101000 01100001 01100100 01101111 01110111 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000 01001100 01101111 01110010 01100100 01110010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01110010 01101001 01110110 01100101 01100100 00100001
    avatar
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

    Posts : 2631
    Reputation : 172
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Montreal

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by BLA1NE on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:40 pm

    Yeah, I don't know where this 125 came from... With the diminishing returns the way they are in Dark Souls, if anything, I feel that 120 is too high. I don't see why people would want it higher. I'd vote for a SL99 cap! But I don't want to mess things up so I won't even propose a change. I'm fine with 120, wouldn't be happy with 125.


    _________________
    Blaine Incarnate
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by RANT on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:41 pm

    and just to be clear i know there's people that have used sl 125 toons but that's on you, this is about having fun and trusting everyone to follw the rules.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by Tolvo on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:42 pm

    I've also learned from last night, Fire Tempest is definitely overpowered in that tiny arena, I won't be doing that again any time soon.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by RANT on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:42 pm

    i actually always used to cap my toons at 99, it's classy but everyone had agreed on 120, specially demon's souls vets.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.

    BroHepheastus

    Posts : 8
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-03-27

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by BroHepheastus on Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:53 pm

    Cool cool, so where do I sign up for these things or what time are they?
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by RANT on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:00 pm

    its on every saturday at 9pm eastern time but you could always post something here about getting together any day of the week, there's always people down for some duels.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by Reaperfan on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:29 pm

    RantFromRant wrote:i forgot to mention no gmb/mb since casting it makes gmw useless and it mkaes slb the only viable buff, i never use gmb but there's a lot of people that use it.

    I would like to contest this. GMB has a purpose as a counter to two builds, Faith buffing builds that use DMB instead of SLB and Intelligence builds. It is not an all-purpose counter such as TWoP, and can only really be utilized by one type of build (Faith builds) in a few fights, and it doesn't even cut out the effectiveness of all buffing builds, leaving SLB for Faith users as an option to counter GMB. I will admit GMB is more of an issue to deal with as an Intelligence build, but Intelligence builds have many options to keep aggressors away and are able to delay long enough until the spell wears off. A banning of GMB only further shoe-horns players into making buffing builds by removing one of the few spells that serves as an effective countermeasure. At the risk of sounding immature, should we also ban Karmic Justice because it counters melee users who use anything less than a large weapon, or Flash Sweat because it counters anyone using a Fire or Chaos weapon?

    I believe more appropriate bans to consider, at least as long as we stick to the Blighttown Arena as our main zone, are the mass AoE spells such as Gravelord Greatsword Dance and the 3 variations of Firestorm. Due to the small size of the chosen arena, these spells are incredibly difficult to dodge when used appropriately, and given enough attunements could potentially be used to chain-lock someone to death should they be get hit once and be knocked down while near a wall.

    Hoping for your classy replies,
    ~Reaperfan winking


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by RANT on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:51 pm

    i get what youre trying to sa but yo know everyone uses dmb, cmw and slb. if everyone starts using gmb then the rest is gonna switch to slb, elemental weapons or +15 only because of it not that there's anything wrong with them, i use +15 with no buff a lot. buffs are what makes a lot of weapons viable. if someone buffs with cmw then you cast gmb are you gonna let them switch weapon adn buff again? or worse if people see that everyone is using cmw then everyone is gonna use vit builds.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by Serious_Much on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:52 pm

    I'll be honest and say I agree with the idea GMB is okay, All it does is basically stop the minute which you could use against me by just dodging anyway until the buff wore off.

    However I don't think mass banning spells is a good idea reaper just because one which skirts the ideas of fairness is, it encourages those people who think that banning spells as a whole is a good idea. :|


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1125
    Reputation : 32
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 38
    Location : Belgium,Antwerpen

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by GrEeNgObLiN on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:03 pm

    I always uses +15 and somethimes with buff if opponent buffs.
    Anyone online? I can host blight tonight?


    _________________
    PSN:GrEeNgObLiN
    Say who you are before adding me.
    FC PSN 225 Heavy Edition Organizer
    Dark Souls addicted...I love our Fight Club!!!
    Fight Club Level 120 Thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t3178-fight-club-sl120-psn
    Fight Club Level 225 Thread
    http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t1472-fight-club-sl225-psn

    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by WyrmHero on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:06 pm

    If we are talking about banning spells because of the size of the arena maybe we should talk about banning rapiers, great hammers and long reach weapons that take advantage of lag and small size of arena.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by Tolvo on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:17 pm

    Let's not overcomplicate things again.

    By the way Green I'm free tonight.
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by Reaperfan on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:20 pm

    RantFromRant wrote:i get what youre trying to sa but yo know everyone uses dmb, cmw and slb. if everyone starts using gmb then the rest is gonna switch to slb, elemental weapons or +15 only because of it not that there's anything wrong with them, i use +15 with no buff a lot. buffs are what makes a lot of weapons viable. if someone buffs with cmw then you cast gmb are you gonna let them switch weapon adn buff again? or worse if people see that everyone is using cmw then everyone is gonna use vit builds.

    You describing all that, despite it being in a more negative outlook on the situation than I would put it, is exactly why I see it being a good thing. It will shake up the meta and put many different kinds of builds out there for people to use and work with, discovering new ways for PvP to happen. If all you want is to preserve the days where dueling means buffing a +15 Rapier or Spear, then I say go ahead and ban GMB. I feel, though, that if it is allowed, things would be more interesting, and we would at least see more types of builds when buffing your weapon may or may not always be an advantage.


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by WyrmHero on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:21 pm

    Me too.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by Reaperfan on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:21 pm

    Tolvo wrote:Let's not overcomplicate things again.

    I don't think you have to worry about it being complicated, this is just a matter of "allow GMB or not," not some crazy nonsense that happened when we tried to figure out backstabs lol.


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by Tolvo on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:22 pm

    By the way, tonight I'll be arriving on my Str toon tonight, you might see a smough Cosplay. big grin
    avatar
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

    Posts : 8742
    Reputation : 221
    Join date : 2012-02-16
    Age : 29
    Location : The Painted World

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by WyrmHero on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:23 pm

    Also reaper about what you say that chain-fire tempest it does not apply because of no-spell spamming.


    _________________
    PSN: WyrmHero1945

    Dedicated Blade of the Darkmoon.
    Chaos Legion Str weapons covenant
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by Tolvo on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:24 pm

    I do think you should not use any of the big AoE spells as someone is getting up after say, a riposte. There is zero escape, it's literally impossible because the damage stays. I did that once last night, and there was no chance of escape, even if I landed the attack before they got up full the pillars stayed then hit.
    avatar
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3008
    Reputation : 135
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 26
    Location : Canterlot

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by Reaperfan on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:27 pm

    WyrmHero wrote:Also reaper about what you say that chain-fire tempest it does not apply because of no-spell spamming.

    Thank you for pointing out that problem with a bit of my argument. The fact remains that they will be much more effective spells in that particular location than any other :|


    _________________

    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." ~C.S. Lewis
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by RANT on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:27 pm

    @reaper the thing is no one really uses gmb, and the people that come to FC for the most part bring something different other than the usual builds you see everywhere, a lot of times guys will bring in their builds theyre experimenting with and if it works they keep it and take it to the kiln or anywhere else. the way io feel is banning gmb will make people use only slb and i dont think keeping gmb will change the meta at all.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by RANT on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:29 pm

    Tolvo wrote:I do think you should not use any of the big AoE spells as someone is getting up after say, a riposte. There is zero escape, it's literally impossible because the damage stays. I did that once last night, and there was no chance of escape, even if I landed the attack before they got up full the pillars stayed then hit.

    i hate this, it's so cheap specially if they have the timing right and do it every time, people do it all the time with fore combust.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.
    avatar
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

    Posts : 13287
    Reputation : 542
    Join date : 2012-02-01
    Age : 25
    Location : The Forest, Illinois

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by Tolvo on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:30 pm

    Yeah, after doing it I felt very bad and won't again do it in FC, I'll save it for killing forest farmers.
    avatar
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

    Posts : 7779
    Reputation : 268
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Location : Winterfell

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by RANT on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:31 pm

    Tolvo wrote:By the way, tonight I'll be arriving on my Str toon tonight, you might see a smough Cosplay. big grin

    awesome, i wanna go up against it, i dont think ive fought you even once, the times we've been summoned together we couldnt see each other, poo.


    _________________
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    I am the sword in the darkness, I am the watcher on the walls, I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realm of men.
    I pledge my life and honor to the knight's watch for this night and all the nights to come.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Fight Club SL120 PSN

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:41 am