Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+69
Rassa
Darkson
PhlyingDutchman
Chaos Spectre
his1n-
vixder/pennywise
kinkokinko
PlasticandRage
Saturnine Knight
aprilmanha
NedroidPrime
Zechk
Yukon
CMP-Shock
Dustofsaturn
Sal Paradise
Railage
PsychoCT
berkut
BartholomewWenceslas
johnnyjwa
Artorias
JoocyJ003
SlakeMoth
Henkyona
Danthuyer
Uparkaam
DanielCdable
Doelker
The Once-Ler
Klosterheim
FruitPunchNinja
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
kiwi_commander
WarriorOfSunlight
befowler
javarush214
Rona
rbmaster
Rynoa
Diavir
ScottieDOESknow
ErrJon6661
Reaperfan
Imarreteet23
ViralEnsign_
Forum Pirate
CrackSouls
mugenis4real
FexDS
DoughGuy
ARSP
skarekrow13
Wade_Wilson
Serious_Much
callipygias
peaceful_sabre
Maneater_Mildred
Langoulk
Flubious
Griever
DxV04
Emergence
Sunbro4evar
ChizFreak
Tolvo
User
Whknight
ublug
73 posters

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 15 Empty Re: Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:49 am

I bet on the other side is just going to be Hulk Hogan choking Macho Man Randy Savage, if From knows anything about pleasing their fans that is.
    Saturnine Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 15 Empty Re: Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

Post by Saturnine Knight Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:34 am

That masochistic side of me really wants them to say:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

about the DLC. Because as much as I want an expansion, it would just be so *** funny if they pulled this.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:40 am

Is it just me or these images are soooo bad... I mean, since when beams of light are curved and not straight? They are just painted with a standard brush from photoshop big grin
    Saturnine Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Saturnine Knight Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:53 am

After going back and looking at it, you're right. That's rather low quality.

This is just an idea, but does that wall look familiar to anyone, or do you think it's just a generic wall? When I see the stairs next to it, I'm reminded of the ruins after the Moonlight Butterfly. I always wondered what was in the rest of that castle.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:56 am

Come to think of it, kind of looks like the walls to the room where you find the titanite Demon near Andre. It even has rubble like it, and the same torches.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:59 am

The color is more Andre-like, walls in the forest and grey-ish?
    But I think it's just a random rubble wall with random medieval looking torches, actually big grin

So this is crazy and I don't believe it, but.. if you go down the room with the titanite demon near Andre, as soon as you exit to the forest, on the right, there's a broken wall and if you look through it you can see a part of the forest where you can't go.
    Add the fact that they filed a trademark with the name Yami no Mori (dark forest/forest of darkness)... DLC? cheers
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:10 am

Rynoa wrote:The color is more Andre-like, walls in the forest and grey-ish?
    But I think it's just a random rubble wall with random medieval looking torches, actually big grin

So this is crazy and I don't believe it, but.. if you go down the room with the titanite demon near Andre, as soon as you exit to the forest, on the right, there's a broken wall and if you look through it you can see a part of the forest where you can't go.
    Add the fact that they filed a trademark with the name Yami no Mori (dark forest/forest of darkness)... DLC? cheers

*mind blown*
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:16 am

Yeah, I've been checking that area from time to time. I am the forest guy after all, it's kind of my thing. Interesting enough, the trees in most of Darkroot are flat images in the background. If you view them from the sides that are just cut outs...The trees in that direction have actual models...A thought.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:08 am

As I haven't read all the posts I apologise if someone has already suggested this but that wall looks very like the one in Lost Izalith opposite the fog gate where you fight the Giant Centipede Demon. As to what's behind it, I have no idea but I hope it isn't another Demon Firesage.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:10 am

This wall has a different texture, stone design, and torches. I don't think it looks anything like that spot in the Centipede's room.
    kinkokinko

Post by kinkokinko Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:37 am

Ok, this is killing me so much I had to register and comment on this announcement.
    For me it's fairly reasonable to assume that From will be releasing a DLC and that this DLC will involve smashing through otherwise unbreakable walls to reveal new areas.
    This has been touched upon in the last few comments here and I just wanted to also throw my weight behind the idea.
    When the game was first released I remember reading about a Japanese player that could smash through walls with a fully upgraded weapon, could this be from Beta testing?? of the future DLC release?
    There are a few obvious 'Smashable Walls" that come to mind, the Centipede demon door for starters.
    Having new areas cleverly and simply interwoven with the geography of Lordran seems like a creative and seamless way to introduce DLC, and sounds just like something From
    might do.
    As this is my first and probably only comment on a Dark Souls forum, I'd also just like to say that this is one of the best games I've ever played, I'd have to go back to Frontier Elite 2 to equal the amount of time and thought I've put into a game before.
    Also, even after being down right angry with Bioware for their drug dealer attitude to DLC (I'm looking at you Dragon age 2) I fully welcome DLC for Dark Souls and hope for many sequels/re-imaginings in the future.
    Finally, Dark Souls has a great community, so give yourselves a hearty pat on the back!
    Cheers

Last edited by kinkokinko on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:01 am; edited 2 times in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:41 am

Welcome Kinko, I do hope you stay and post around with others for a time. We don't bite.

I can see areas being introduced in that way, actually since I've started playing I always figured that was the plan with these spots, along with possibly development constraints causing areas to have to be walled off. I've actually noticed something odd, you know that small arch pass the Blader Knight with a green skirt in sens, that looks like there should be something behind that wall? Hitting that wall produces no sparks, while hitting any other wall in Sens does. I know that is conspiracy nut territory, but I think we're at that point really.

Actually in the Art Book it mentions Andre was to be a Descendant of Gwyn before they had to remove that, and that he would remove a wall/rock near to where he is that would lead to a secret area. Maybe, they're reintroducing this?
    Saturnine Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Saturnine Knight Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:12 am

A note about the forest: is it just me or is there a ledge above the walkway en rout to the Moonlight Butterfly fight? Beside the tower going up to it, there is what looks like a flat pathway cut through the rock; in one area it's even at a 90 degree angle. I've tried jumping through the window in the tower, but no luck. And yes, I noticed that too about the tree models. I was kind of expecting a cutscene or something where that wall fell, because by all rights, from what it appears...

I'm definitely going to have to do some exploring tonight.

If From doesn't come out with DLCs, I'll honestly believe they hate money. One must; to not want to capitalize on how big this game has gotten.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:15 am

Oh the forest, it's so grandly alluring. It's so odd, but I often just find myself in there standing about, just watching the darkness. It's a very calming place, for a forest hunter.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:31 am

Tolvo wrote:Welcome Kinko, I do hope you stay and post around with others for a time. We don't bite.

I can see areas being introduced in that way, actually since I've started playing I always figured that was the plan with these spots, along with possibly development constraints causing areas to have to be walled off. I've actually noticed something odd, you know that small arch pass the Blader Knight with a green skirt in sens, that looks like there should be something behind that wall? Hitting that wall produces no sparks, while hitting any other wall in Sens does. I know that is conspiracy nut territory, but I think we're at that point really.

Actually in the Art Book it mentions Andre was to be a Descendant of Gwyn before they had to remove that, and that he would remove a wall/rock near to where he is that would lead to a secret area. Maybe, they're reintroducing this?

This Andre story just go SO well with my theory big grin
    Anyway, uhm... a BLader Knight with a green skirt just souds wrong lol! ... which BAlder knight are you talking about? The one guarding a chest?

Edit: maybe they just replaced the "Andre opens a door" with "Andre sells you the Crest of Artorias"...

Last edited by Rynoa on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:32 am

You know the bridge you have to jump from to get to the Crestfallen merchant? You know how if you go right, you are led to the Cage Shortcut to the bottom of Sens? If you go to the left, there is a Balder Knight who is tougher than the others here, he has a green skirt. He is in a hall, and past him is a random arch/bridge you can stand on, with a wall that just looks out of place.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:35 am

Oh, that one! I just figured it's there because that bridge is the only place from where you can catch a glimpse of the third golem lol
    Actually I always thougth it was pretty strange putting a balder knight there on a dead end, without even bothering to place some soul to pick up.
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:06 am

BartholomewWenceslas wrote:Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 15 After_02
    Three beams now. Hopefully not too much longer...

GUYS THERE IS AN EYE BETWEEN THE BOTTOM TWO RAYS!!!!!!!!!! OR AM I IMAGINING
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:34 am

..can't see it 🇳🇴
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:36 am

None of the wall is actually opened, they just added a light effect to the bricks, you can still see the bricks behind the light.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:45 am

Tolvo wrote:This wall has a different texture, stone design, and torches. I don't think it looks anything like that spot in the Centipede's room.

O.K. Tolvo I get your point, but I'm sure From are capable of sticking a couple of torches there just to throw us off the scent and I'm sure that they're capable of dismantling that wall one brick at a time just for laughs.Hee hee.

Oh, and I can see the eye too. It looks terrified.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:44 pm

I can see it too on my mac :affraid:
    Pc screen at work was too dark to see it :affraid:
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:51 pm

Tolvo wrote:Welcome Kinko, I do hope you stay and post around with others for a time. We don't bite.

I'm in Sen's, just went to check that wall... you're right it's a bit weird, and it doesn't produce sparks, but the sound yes. It's just under the Iron Golem so it would lead in the mountain below Anor Londo, right?
    A Lower Anor Londo DLC would be scary, actually :face:

and WHY that skirt is green? :suspect: Looks hawaiian silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:38 pm

Could be clan affiliation or subdivision of Balder's knights. That area and many others never made Sen's to me. Looking down, the boulder thrower above the trap has a pile of rocks. They lead to stairs that look like it goes to a huge part of Sen's you can reach. If you get the jump just right you can land and walk around where that Giant is but I never found a way to get around his rocks to get to the stairs. Also, jumping from the Iron Golem arena is most unwise.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:46 pm

That "made Sen's" deserves a +1.
    Didn't notice the stairs you're talking about... mmmh... Damn I already moved on to Anor, I have to go back big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 am