Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+69
Rassa
Darkson
PhlyingDutchman
Chaos Spectre
his1n-
vixder/pennywise
kinkokinko
PlasticandRage
Saturnine Knight
aprilmanha
NedroidPrime
Zechk
Yukon
CMP-Shock
Dustofsaturn
Sal Paradise
Railage
PsychoCT
berkut
BartholomewWenceslas
johnnyjwa
Artorias
JoocyJ003
SlakeMoth
Henkyona
Danthuyer
Uparkaam
DanielCdable
Doelker
The Once-Ler
Klosterheim
FruitPunchNinja
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
kiwi_commander
WarriorOfSunlight
befowler
javarush214
Rona
rbmaster
Rynoa
Diavir
ScottieDOESknow
ErrJon6661
Reaperfan
Imarreteet23
ViralEnsign_
Forum Pirate
CrackSouls
mugenis4real
FexDS
DoughGuy
ARSP
skarekrow13
Wade_Wilson
Serious_Much
callipygias
peaceful_sabre
Maneater_Mildred
Langoulk
Flubious
Griever
DxV04
Emergence
Sunbro4evar
ChizFreak
Tolvo
User
Whknight
ublug
73 posters

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 11 Empty Re: Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Fine then, I mail them a couple sets of nocs then stand on a rooftop of a building 500 yards away. Then they look through them as I show the markings.

"Wow, this guy really likes Dark Souls. If people like our game this much, that must mean they want DLC! Let's get started everyone, and get tolvo a free version when we are done!"

Then the camera pans out and I'm just in an asylum in a straight jacket, and as one of the workers walks by me he just hears me mumbling.

"Got to get shield, get weapon, kill demon, bird fly, land, shrine."

Man I'm getting beyond off topic.

So if there is indeed DLC, what kinds of things would you guys like to see? Me personally, more armor selections. I love variety.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 11 Empty Re: Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:11 pm

I REALLY WANT DLC!!!

to be fair a couple of extra areas with new bosses and enemies, more equipment and some more spells would do me.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:15 pm

Lol.....well done. Make sure you copyright that for Dark Souls: The Movie.

I'd be down with more armor for sure. I can think of several types from real world examples that aren't in game but would fit. Maybe a Dark Solaire set so you can look like the Monty Python Black Knight.

More weapons would be nice too but that one could be tougher since there might be protests if there was yet another great sword. The problem with getting outside of the types already in game though is that you might have to have new movesets which is another step in the process. Plus anything too radical (I know I've heard flails seem like a good idea) is that the physics might need to be looked at again too. With armor you can get a little crazier as it's more cut and dried.

My favorite thing would be a new area with the above (yes I want it all). Ash Lake is screaming for a little guy in a boat who asks you for coins to cross the water.........
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:21 pm

You go to the Ash Lake not knowing anything just looking around and you see a little man. You go up and talk to him and he asks for a gold, copper, and silver coin. You give them to him and he whistles, off in the distance you see a boat coming and the man says, "So, you'd like to go to the hidden church would you? You wish to meet, Artorias himself?"

Suddenly the rate of heart attacks increases world wide.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:26 pm

But then....knowing From.....Artorias just beats the hell out of you and tells you nothing. Leading to numerous persons on this forum, including myself, to speculate for months on "just what that was all about."

But at least we'd get to see his armor.....unless of course he wasn't wearing it as he's since ascended past it.
    Yukon
    Yukon
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yukon Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:30 pm

Climb your way down into ash lake, a mysterious man in black stand near the lakes edge you get closer and he turns to you and says...

"WELCOME Strangah. What are ya BUYING? What are ya SELLING? Come back anytime, HEHEHEH."

Pancreases burst around the world.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:47 pm

What I want it to be: Announcement of DLC and/or another patch for Dark Souls.

What I really don't want it to be: Announcement of another Souls game.

What all the clues are saying it will actually be: Announcement of a PC port for the game

How I will probably end up reacting regardless of the result: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iShcHoV1Hw
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:23 pm

people can change their mind you know!
    also a sequel would be amazing addition to the series.
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Tolvo wrote:You go to the Ash Lake not knowing anything just looking around and you see a little man. You go up and talk to him and he asks for a gold, copper, and silver coin. You give them to him and he whistles, off in the distance you see a boat coming and the man says, "So, you'd like to go to the hidden church would you? You wish to meet, Artorias himself?"

I got shivers down my spine at the mere idea lol!
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:28 pm

New change to the wall, WE CAN SEE LIGHT! OMG!:

Announcement Regarding Dark Souls Incoming - Page 11 After_02
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:29 pm

i posted that like 4 pages ago lol
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Artorias wrote:also a sequel would be amazing addition to the series.

I don't disagree, but I would feel a bit sad if a sequel was announced this soon. Dark Souls has been out less than 6 months, and hasn't run it's course as its own game like Demon's Souls did. Dark Souls is still good enough to enjoy, and I would feel a bit let down if FROM decided they wanted to abandon it for their next project so quickly sad

Last edited by Reaperfan on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:35 pm

true
    but people would still love a sequel or dlc
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Artorias wrote:true
    but people would still love a sequel or dlc

Hence why I said what I was most hoping for was DLC winking
    Actually what I'm really, really hoping for is an official comprehensive explanation of all the lore, but the odds of that are even less likely than me equipping the DWGR lol!
    Artorias
    Artorias
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Artorias Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:39 pm

no ive noticed that there are alot of missing spot on the warp menu so that might suggest a dlc, hopefully!!
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Artorias wrote:no ive noticed that there are alot of missing spot on the warp menu so that might suggest a dlc, hopefully!!

these empty warps will be filled in with:
    >dark souls atlantis version
    >cloud land with lots of ponies
    >a 'ruf' urban city
    all with their own covonants happy

(i know there not that original but i couldn't let up the chance to give some random possibilities)
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:45 pm

Tolvo wrote:You go to the Ash Lake not knowing anything just looking around and you see a little man. You go up and talk to him and he asks for a gold, copper, and silver coin. You give them to him and he whistles, off in the distance you see a boat coming and the man says, "So, you'd like to go to the hidden church would you? You wish to meet, Artorias himself?"

You should become a script writer for From Software!
    peaceful_sabre
    peaceful_sabre
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by peaceful_sabre Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:03 pm

Whknight wrote:

You should become a script writer for From Software!

I wonder how many people would end up killing artorias lol
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:04 pm

I would, I want his damn armor!

I've written for games before, no thank you. Holy hell is that a pain to work and boy is it a stressful.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:04 pm

peaceful_sabre wrote:I wonder how many people would end up killing artorias lol

Probably alot if it meant getting his armor happy
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:07 pm

There's also always a spare space for something at the bonfire too.

I think it wouldn't be a bad thing if it was announced for a sequel. Dark probably was in production in the same kind of release time frame, and it might be to end the question mark over the series' future.

They wont be doing a this year release date to cash in on popularity, they'll take the 2 years like they did with dark to shape the game well i think.

Saying that, I'd much rather DLC announcement, but im not getting my hopes up silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:10 pm

I'm just thinking up names for DLC packs in my mind now.

The Wrath of Flann.(New Areas involving Flann boss fight)

The Way of the World(Way of White Focused Story)

The Secret King(Artorias Story)

The Third Man(God of War Centred Story)
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:23 pm

I think dark souls dlc would more expand on existing area's, with new items in the area's who's descriptions tell us more about the game.

So for example, the giant door in the centipede demon's area, they'll make it so that you can open that. Or the door in the lower burg people talk about. I doubt they'd add massive new area's like that. But then again I could be wrong.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:24 pm

Just make it so that he doesn't drop his armor, and if people kill him they'll just have to wait until NG+ to redo the DLC twisted would be their own fault and an awesome troll by From Software!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:25 pm

If they brought out DLC I'd expect areas though, otherwise there's little point paying for it :|

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:58 am