Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
FruitPunchNinja
ViralEnsign_
Glueguy
Tolvo
Serious_Much
Emergence
ErrJon6661
bloodpixel
12 posters

Why no love for the dragons?

Glueguy
    Glueguy
    Casual
    Casual

Why no love for the dragons? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why no love for the dragons?

Post by Glueguy Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:24 am

On a slightly weird note. Why is the dragon covenant like the dragon highlander?

You have to kill dragons to get scales. You have to kill people who have scales (who likely killed dragons or other in the dragon covenant) all to give the the LAST eternal dragon. There can be only one!!
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:09 am

the thing is drakes and hydras are not dragons and they do not share the same bloodlines they porses the scales probably coz they increase how long they live they are called the scales of immorality... killing an undead dragon if like freeing the soul of a dragon that is without hes approval sealed in hes rotting body... and taking scales from other players is just like reclining what belongs to the dragons and being a dragon preast you have the power to do that Why no love for the dragons? - Page 2 3494217123
    TheGoddessSendell
    TheGoddessSendell
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheGoddessSendell Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:01 pm

Awesome - just joined (thanks yet again Tolvo!) and this is partly what I came for. There definitely aren't enough obvious opportunities for dragons that's for sure. My own is rather high level... 195, but I'm always looking for summons and pvp if anyone is interested. I'm already at +3 in the covenant and have around 25 spare scale so if anyone ever needs any I'd be happy to donate (fights or co-op always welcome of course winking ) I am high level for pvp but can always host. I am sick to death of high-poise fire-buffed full-Havel's fights D:

PSN izz-_-6
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:05 pm

Welcome Sendell, I'm glad to have you. I dabble as a dragon from time to time, and eventually I do plan on making a duel exclusive character dedicated to the cov alone. One thing I've always thought might be interesting is a Mini Dragon Fight club that could be set up, with one on one duels. There would be no chance of invaders which sometimes can interrupt fights, as well scales could pass around a lot between people. The only issue I could see is hosts would need to often farm humanity, as you do not gain humanity from a dead dragon spirit, any ideas of how to get around this hiccup?
    TheGoddessSendell
    TheGoddessSendell
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheGoddessSendell Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:30 pm

Tolvo wrote:Welcome Sendell, I'm glad to have you. I dabble as a dragon from time to time, and eventually I do plan on making a duel exclusive character dedicated to the cov alone. One thing I've always thought might be interesting is a Mini Dragon Fight club that could be set up, with one on one duels. There would be no chance of invaders which sometimes can interrupt fights, as well scales could pass around a lot between people. The only issue I could see is hosts would need to often farm humanity, as you do not gain humanity from a dead dragon spirit, any ideas of how to get around this hiccup?

Thanks for responding happy I think that is a really excellent idea. I've always wanted something like that, so I'd fully support it. Yes, I agree that it could be a little tough on hosts. I've though a bit about it and all I can suggest is
    a) pick an area that isn't too far from farmable humanity (though that's a whole problem of its own, I realise).
    b) set up a system of perhaps offering consumable humanity to hosts as some do with EoDs to GLs. Ideally people would be responsible enough not to take it if they didn't really need it I suppose in order to keep plenty in circulation..

Hmmm... it might be difficult I admit. If hosts didn't mind I suppose some might like to pick off a few invaders in between duels, but that would be disruptive and irritating potentially.

With my Dragon character as he stands I think I could only ever be a host (which is fine!), and I would have to hope there'd be people up for higher level fights. That said, I may be overlevelled for duels but I use fairly weak weapons and with dragon body I do often get my *** handed to me by invaders :oops:
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:25 am

Well see the only reason there are level restrictions for duelling is for connecting, otherwise I would care if we had SL200 people in fight club, the issue is you just can't connect with them.

Hmm, it might do to re-roll, which yes I know it sucks, but it can really help with getting your PvP chances up. I'd be fine for hosting with people, I'm not a great duellist but hey how else can you get better? I don't mind gathering humanity either, I usually host in areas and fight Wraiths for humanity.
    TheGoddessSendell
    TheGoddessSendell
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheGoddessSendell Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:47 am

Yeah I realise it does affect connection. Some people do seem to see it as an unfair advantage but maybe they're less common than I thought.

For my part I can guarantee being able to host (I know can easily summon red + dragon phantoms who are a good 90 levels below me) but I agree yeah it does limit opportunities. I've had a couple of low level characters floating around that I might level up and get into the covenant for more reliable Practically Vibrating People. I'm very fond of my 195 though ❤ haha, and there is no way I fancy getting to +3 in the covenant again. But yeah, I could switch between two different ones depending on how things were going.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:09 pm

tolvo make a dragon based player made cov...we could share scales and other things...have duals use dragon weapons and have ranks maby the ranking system could be determined by duals also higher ranking members have 2 hv full dragonoid and lower head only...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:53 pm

I'm a bit spread thin currently to make a user covenant of any kind, as well my main cov will always be the forest hunters.

Well the Dragon Eye I believe has the same summon limits as the WSS, meaning if you aren't in the proper level range of a % or ten levels of one another, you simply cannot connect, that's the main issue.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:10 pm

Rin wrote:yeh y dont have 2 use the stone to be a member of the path i just use cracked red to invade people n kill them in dragonoid i also use dragon only weapons if i feel like using any weapons i try to use the roar and any dragon weapon ability as much as i can to show off how gd these thing realy are. Well What is it .. i dont remember the last time i wore armour i the game and the last time i got killed by some1 that eint a lagstabber... im happy ghat k see at least 1 other user that knows wt the path of the dragons realu is Prostration

That is exactly how I play my dragon except for one thing. I like to carry the dragon crest shield or the effigy shield they both have dragons on them they matche perfectly, gives me the ability to block at least once so I can change strategy, and I shove on the face of people after I kill them.

So yea, FROM should have allow people to invade as a dragonoid not be summoned. That is weak.

Well as far as creating a user dragon covenant I would suggest to instead make a dragonoid central thread. where you can communicate or other dragonoids can come in and make request for items. etc. The covenant exists already dragonoids just need a place where they can coordinate.
    TheGoddessSendell
    TheGoddessSendell
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheGoddessSendell Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Ah no way, I actually didn't really think about but yeah that makes sense it's the same as the WSS. That would explain a lot. Damn, they really made it hard for Dragons didn't they!

Playing full Dragon body with no armour is awesome. Haha, I also like to carry around the Dragon Crest shield for looks! Though I tend to fight without a shield and a notched whip instead (can still parry, plus it looks cool 8) ) and a claw sometimes Velka's in left hand.

Had rare dragon eye summon today, but was some charmer with (at least) 9 WoG. Much as I love a good WoG/roar-off, RSS always gives much better duels sadly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:21 am