Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Is my game ruined? [Spoilers]

Somnarium

Is my game ruined? [Spoilers] Empty Is my game ruined? [Spoilers]

Post by Somnarium Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:45 am

Hello all,

So, I'm trying out a Dex./Faith build on my first run-through of the game. Therefore, I wanted Rhea of Thorolund to not be killed, since she sells some nice miracles.

I seem to recall reading that Rhea shows up next to Petrus at Firelink right after you ring the first bell. However, after ringing the bell and immediately going down to the Firelink Shrine, I couldn't find her. I decided to kill Petrus at around this time. Following that, I went to the lower part of the Undead Burg, defeated the Capra Demon, and unlocked the door to the Depths. I decided to head back to Firelink and, amazingly, Rhea and her bodyguards had magically appeared.

The twist, though, is that the bodyguards and Rhea are aggro. I figured I could absolve my sins and de-aggro them through Oswald. I went ahead and paid the fee to have this performed, and they're still aggro! Now, after being attacked by her stupid bodyguards again, I went to see Oswald once more. Sure enough, he says he can absolve my sins (again) if I pay up.

Am I stuck in an infinite loop? Is there no way to remedy this?

Thanks. happy
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Is my game ruined? [Spoilers] Empty Re: Is my game ruined? [Spoilers]

Post by aceluby Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:07 am

It's because you killed Petrus that they are aggro.

From the wiki:

"If you kill Petrus before Reah and company arrives, they will be hostile towards you when they arrive. Absolving your sins wil not revert this. Reah will still go to the Tomb of Giants, but she'll just be sitting there without talking, and her bodyguards will be gone. (unconfirmed)"

I don't think you'll be able to buy from her this go around.
    Somnarium

Post by Somnarium Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:21 am

aceluby wrote:It's because you killed Petrus that they are aggro.

From the wiki:

"If you kill Petrus before Reah and company arrives, they will be hostile towards you when they arrive. Absolving your sins wil not revert this. Reah will still go to the Tomb of Giants, but she'll just be sitting there without talking, and her bodyguards will be gone. (unconfirmed)"

I don't think you'll be able to buy from her this go around.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:05 pm

You are not too far on the game yet. I would suggest you that if you really want to keep Reah alive during her quest then start over.
    Another good thing is that you are already used to the gameplay so it's going to be a little easier for you, too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:53 pm