Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Forum Pirate
lextune
Yukon
Mr.Self-Destruct
White Mamba
PhlyingDutchman
strangejoy
Rin
WyrmHero
ViralEnsign_
belkaizer
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
ErrJon6661
BLA1NE
Yarxov
Dj-B-Man-Jr
Eliteknight
IceIfrit666
Scudman_Slayer
bloodpixel
24 posters

Why the hate on Darkmoons?

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Why the hate on Darkmoons? Empty Why the hate on Darkmoons?

Post by bloodpixel Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:21 am

Is it something they do?
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Why the hate on Darkmoons? Empty Re: Why the hate on Darkmoons?

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:25 am

most of them are low level and have no skill and try to use Semi-cheap tactics to win (i.e lagstab,TWoP + WoG spam)
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:25 am

so a lot of people say actually
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:25 am

Most of us DMs use dirty tactics or just plain suck. Sadly there aren't more of them that are "honorable" like me.
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:35 am

People are fond of making the ridiculous assumption that there are more cheap players in the darkmoon blades than anyplace else. I am positive this is just because there happen to be a lot of darkwraiths on this forum so its easy to pick on the darkmoon blades because up till recently very few of us where posting to defend our covenant.

I don't feel like I have to post about all the dirty things darkwraiths do. Fully upgraded lightning weapons at low levels invading new players in the burg/parish being only one example. Point being that players doing things the community has decided is "cheap" exist everyplace. I'm sure BlA1NE and other posters will come in here gushing with anecdotal tales of how every single person who has ever lagstabed them has been a blue phantom and that we are all terrible people. Scudman is getting started right above me.

Just play how you want to, the Darkmoon blades are a lot of fun.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:56 am

Eliteknight wrote:People are fond of making the ridiculous assumption that there are more cheap players in the darkmoon blades than anyplace else. I am positive this is just because there happen to be a lot of darkwraiths on this forum so its easy to pick on the darkmoon blades because up till recently very few of us where posting to defend our covenant.

I don't feel like I have to post about all the dirty things darkwraiths do. Fully upgraded lightning weapons at low levels invading new players in the burg/parish being only one example. Point being that players doing things the community has decided is "cheap" exist everyplace. I'm sure BlA1NE and other posters will come in here gushing with anecdotal tales of how every single person who has ever lagstabed them has been a blue phantom and that we are all terrible people. Scudman is getting started right above me.

Just play how you want to, the Darkmoon blades are a lot of fun.

oy i didn't say that ALL darkmoons are cheap this goes for darkwraiths and all other covenants really

if i wanted to bash the darkmoon i would say this

"THIS covenant sucks they're a bunch of noobs who cannot win without using TwoP and spamming WoG and lagstabing blah blah blah"

Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Dj-B-Man-Jr
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dj-B-Man-Jr Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:00 am

this topic has been talked about way to much, but people basically hate the darkmoons for only 2 arguable reasons

1)No lower level invasion cap
    2)No humanity after vanguishing

people will eventually come here and start talking about the color of the spirits also, because that actually matters right? -_-

I'm a darkmoon, but i also stock up on 99 cracked red orbs so i can invade as both red & blue spirits, if one orb fails, use the other one and repeat, i get pretty solid pvp that way.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:03 am

@Scudman
    That's exactly what you said...
    Scudman_Slayer wrote:most of them are low level and have no skill and try to use Semi-cheap tactics to win (i.e lagstab,TWoP + WoG spam)
    Them being in reference to Darkmoon players.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:08 am

(gonna be bashing me now?)

i said MOST which means a few aren't i didn't mean ALL of them

and its quite obvious that EVERY other covenant does it too like darkwraith and forest

just because i said "most" doesn't mean i hate them all like i said if i wanted to BASH the covenant
    i would say that all of them are noobs

BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am

Well, since you're gonna mention me by name and ask for anecdotes... Here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VRl9KkLNUw&feature=youtu.be

Are darkmoons the only ones to try this stuff? No. Do they do it overwhelmingly more often than other invaders? A resounding yes.

(Edit: btw, I had already posted this video in a thread. But it's quite relevant here too, don't you think?)

Last edited by BLA1NE on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am

Dj-B-Man-Jr wrote:this topic has been talked about way to much, but people basically hate the darkmoons for only 2 arguable reasons

1)No lower level invasion cap
    2)No humanity after vanguishing

+rep That seems to be the most common complaint.

Like the guilty are supposed to be rewarded for killing us or something. >_>
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am

hell im a darkmoon too on two of my characters
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:12 am

BLA1NE wrote:Well, since you're gonna mention me by name and ask for anecdotes... Here's one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VRl9KkLNUw&feature=youtu.be

Are darkmoons the only ones to try this stuff? No. Do they do it overwhelmingly more often than other invaders? A resounding yes.

Oooh wow some darkmoon tried to hit you during a bow and you got it on video. You are just so proud of that one aren't you? Like I can't go online right now and make 5 more vids just like it when a darkwraith does something just as lame. Let me go into the kilin right now and get footage of as many players as I can doing the same thing.

You see the straws they grasp at? Darkmoon blades are scum because I got one incident on video. Any excuse they can get, even if its something like a video of "that one time"

Last edited by Eliteknight on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:14 am

Wow you're really trying hard.

Like I KEEP SAYING, it isn't just one time. Darmoons do these things all the time.

You know how much footage I got that night? 40 minutes. You know how many fights you get in 40 minutes? Not many. Therefore the odds of getting a cheap player in there (especially considering I've PvPed for hundreds of hours in Dark Souls) should be low. But as soon as you get a Darkmoon in there the odds shoot through the roof.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:17 am

alright i don't mean to be unpolite to anyone

BUT STOP this discussion don't make it a war now please

both covenants are known for doing lame and cheap tactict

both of them share the same amount of noob players (hell all covenants do)

please don't starting a fight lets just say that both covenants are the same both invade,both have their objective to kill the host,both covenants have cheap tactic spammers.

can we just leave it a that please?
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:23 am

You're right. I shouldn't have come in this thread to begin with. Always the same story...
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:24 am

BLA1NE wrote:Wow you're really trying hard.

I'm not the one with the apparent vendetta against a specific group of players.

I can post videos to by the way, I found one.

40 seconds in guy with axe, 1 min into the vid we see a lag stab. Hey everybody look at me! Red phantoms are terrible cheaters. Does this seem like a ridiculous claim to make on such a small sample size?

You are convinced that the darkmoon blades suck, you take every opportunity to let people know how mean the blue phantoms are.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:27 am

can we stop it before it gets out of hand please?
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:55 am

Maybe my own opinion and experience can help us out a bit.

First off, I am a darkwraith about 98% of the time. On my faith build I joined the darkmoons briefly (50 or so invasions) and this is my experience as the two:

As a darkwraith when I invade I get a few different reactions. First is the host runs and tries to either get to the boss door or summon. Second is the host runs to an open area and bows wanting a duel. Last is the host disconnects.
    As a darkmoon the reactions were somewhat different, there are the boss door runners, and the disconnecters but the majority of people would rush me or I would get gangbanged if I happened to invade dark anor.

So from this I gather that many darkmoons are "dishonorable" because well, lets face it; no one gives them respect like they do the darkwraiths. I posted a thread on the wiki about this about a week ago and people gave a few of their own opinions. Some feel that them not having to be human was one reason they didn't have respect for them. They don't need to acquire and maintain humanity to invade. Understandable. I think the underlying issue here is, and I mean no offence to anyone who thinks this way, people think that invasions have rules.

This raises a debate that has been going on in DkS for quite a while. As far as the game goes invaders are assassins. They aren't they're not there to duel you, they're not there to be friends. They are there to F*** your S*** up.

When I say this, I understand that there are people who like to duel, and there are areas that players feel are dedicated to dueling. The problem there is that it is no set rule and you can't expect everyone to play the way you want to.

I enjoy a good duel, but I also enjoy a good 2v1, or even jumping the host when they least expect it. And the truth is invaders from all covenants use cheap tactics, and hosts even use cheap tactics. What it comes down to is that some players are cheap, and others are not. You can't single out one covenant. That's honestly as ignorant as being racist or sexist. Sure SOME people fit the stereotype but it doesn't hold true across the board. People need to stop getting so angry about bad matches and learn to play the game.

Yes, I have bad matches too. I cannot express how frustrated I get when I invade the same guy and his two friends and they maul me at the spawn point. So I either move to a new area, or I stop invading/hosting.
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:09 am

The facts are basically that the community has made a lot of unwritten rules about pvp just in general. A lot of us follow a self imposed honor code of some kind. I do it myself, I bow before engaging, I give a chance to buff up, ect.

The problem is while I understand that this self imposed honor code is mine to follow. I don't expect my opponent to share my ideas about how to play. Quite a few people don't make that important distinction. The other player not behaving the way you think he should does not make the other player a douchebag. There are no rules in pvp.

Therefore the idea that darkmoon blades are dishonorable scum is a fallacy because the very principals its based on are judged on an individual level. Thats even before we adresss that somehow a greater number of darkmoons play dishonorably than anyplace else, which is absurd.

I've said it before, judgements based on anecdotes aren't to be taken seriously. Those arguments amount to the person making them insisting that he is correct because "trust me guys I see it all the time" Someone biased to his own viewpoint would only remember his bad experiances after all.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:56 am

i just find the moons creepy because their leader is an tentacled, hermaphroditic, girly-boy with a sister complex and daddy issues.
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:18 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:i just find the moons creepy because their leader is an tentacled, hermaphroditic, girly-boy with a sister complex and daddy issues.

Are you kidding? He's dark souls Bridget!!!

That is awesome.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:21 am

who's bridget? and the only reason s/he formed the cov was to get daddy gwyns attention by beating up those who don't agree with his rule.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:23 am

she/he also is the one who probably tricked a few people on their first time playing the game without knowing anything to link the fire

after all he/she's the one who made gwynevere and made the Sunny Anor Londo

Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:25 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:who's bridget? and the only reason s/he formed the cov was to get daddy gwyns attention by beating up those who don't agree with his rule.

Guilty gear is a game, its great. You should play it.

I thought Gwndolin wants you to destroy Gwyn and link the fire to extend his rule? The other gods abandoned lodran, my sword for lord Gwyndolin!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:19 pm