Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
FruitPunchNinja
Nocturnal
Dmylive
eninala
reim0027
befowler
ofrost564
ultraflame22
WarriorOfBenOwnage
cloudyeki
peaceful_sabre
PPG-3-
PastaOfDoom
BrotherNiru
Darkstar485
cjmully
Dalampslayer
Boltz
Yarxov
Imarreteet23
kiwi_commander
Bamjam
spite1000
Rynoa
Maneater_Mildred
WyrmHero
Shungi
Serious_Much
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
Emergence
Ignus-Dej
Scudman_Slayer
DxV04
ViralEnsign_
skarekrow13
Tolvo
DarkW17
DJ_XHERO
Brokewilly
44 posters

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 12 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Post by ultraflame22 Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:32 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:UltraFlame...you guys seem super organized. Have you done these mass invasions before?
    All the time back in Demon Souls. We had cat ring parties. We also do things like TF2 fights and other games. WoW runs with, like, 98 people too. We do a lot of things together. Host tournaments and the like.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12) - Page 12 Empty Re: Forest of the Damned - Covenant Event (3/24/12)

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Are we late to the party then? How many times you do Dark Souls en masse? Don't tell me you've done this more than a couple times....would feel like I had been missing out
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:09 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:Are we late to the party then? How many times you do Dark Souls en masse? Don't tell me you've done this more than a couple times....would feel like I had been missing out
    We have only done Fight clubs. Nothing too much bigger. We did a mass fight club in Undead berg, right outside the bonfire and down the stairs. With Ravager as Host, we got 6 DWs in one world. It was an amazing fight. Ravager usually works as the terminal for our free-for-alls seeing as he has a way of staying alive past the time most other people would be dead.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 pm

@ Ultraflame22,

Then that is the place to go to build a gravelord army. After this event is done maybe you can fill me in or give me a contact there so we can coordinate recruitement. I am interested in increasing the ranks of gravelords. It is almost and obsession.

I believe that the gravelord covenant works best when coordinated instead of random or rouge gravelords trying to do their best to spread misery.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:12 pm

I'd disagree, I managed to get thirty two eyes of death a bit ago in New Londo in one life...Died every time after my first death though sadly.

Man, I feel like every day is going to become an event soon.
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:13 pm

Here is a link to some intense music so we can all get in the mood for this event to come.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAhxBpkTJ6U

I am on course with my power leveling, at a solid sl 59 in about two hours, and my C.A.L.V.A.D.E.A.N. companions have checked in with their superiors. Everything is looking good on our side.

Here is a comic made for the entertainment of my C.A.L.V.A.D.E.A.N. brothers and you, my friends and comrades:
    http://ultraflame22.deviantart.com/#/d4tpeb9
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:16 pm

DxV04 wrote:@ Ultraflame22,

Then that is the place to go to build a gravelord army. After this event is done maybe you can fill me in or give me a contact there so we can coordinate recruitement. I am interested in increasing the ranks of gravelords. It is almost and obsession.

I believe that the gravelord covenant works best when coordinated instead of random or rouge gravelords trying to do their best to spread misery.
    I will see what I can do.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Tolvo wrote:I'd disagree, I managed to get thirty two eyes of death a bit ago in New Londo in one life...Died every time after my first death though sadly.

Ahh let me clarify what I mean my friend.

For PvP the gravelord covenant is great! Now that most of the mechanics behind the sign have been figured out it is easy to get PvP action.

But you are not mentioning the other side of the coin. The spreading of misery. You see lets say that those 32 EoD's were from different people. You only managed to curse 3 of those worlds.

Why limit the covenant action to just 3 cursed worlds. The Current C.A.L.V.A.D.E.A.N. legion size totals 1,832.(Enlisted for the Forest of the Dammed event, they might be more) Spread among the PvP covenants in Dark Souls.

Imagine if they were all gravelords. Working together at the same time at the same sl. That would be 5,496 worlds with Black Phantom NPCs. That is what I call spreading misery. What you and me do on our own is just PvP. Do you see what my vision is.

Now what is it that you disagree with me about? That's the part you left out.

Edit: this is a good time to listen to what I chose as the gravelord song. The link is in my sig. silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:28 pm

I'm just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing, and the fact that I misunderstood you but now got it.

I still disagree though, because I can haha.

Also each person only invaded me around two times, I saw a lot of different names coming in, though I was spamming Dried Finger so I'm not sure if there was any relation or if I was getting eyes from Darkmoons somehow.

I wonder though if two GL's can accidentally waste a curse by both cursing the same world. I guess that's my only real complaint about GL's, it is kind of hard to actually test out the mechanics and find out how it is effecting other worlds.
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:33 pm

DxV04 wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:I'd disagree, I managed to get thirty two eyes of death a bit ago in New Londo in one life...Died every time after my first death though sadly.

Ahh let me clarify what I mean my friend.

For PvP the gravelord covenant is great! Now that most of the mechanics behind the sign have been figured out it is easy to get PvP action.

But you are not mentioning the other side of the coin. The spreading of misery. You see lets say that those 32 EoD's were from different people. You only managed to curse 3 of those worlds.

Why limit the covenant action to just 3 cursed worlds. The Current C.A.L.V.A.D.E.A.N. legion size totals 1,832. Spread among the PvP covenants in Dark Souls.

Imagine if they were all gravelords. Working together at the same time at the same sl. That would be 5,496 worlds with Black Phantom NPCs. That is what I call spreading misery. What you and me do on our own is just PvP. Do you see what my vision is.

Now what is it that you disagree with me about? That's the part you left out.

Edit: this is a good time to listen to what I chose as the gravelord song. The link is in my sig. silly
    This is a similar vision to the Dulauthsheid, or 'Despair spreaders' in English, mind set. There are 753 GLs in this brigade, and they all go to one place and use EoDs. This weekend, they have decided to take command of Anor Londo with the Kirosnet Waλreal, or 'Dessert walkers'.

Also, it is not possible to curse a world already cursed. Once a world is cursed, it locks against additional cursing.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Really? Well that is good to know. Any idea if using the Dried Finger Resets your curse and places it in new worlds? Because I saw a ridiculous amount of activity from different people while doing it, though it could always be a coincidence.

By the way GL's, from my experience as a Gravelord in the forest expect the farmers to notice you. I can't tell you how many farmers I've recognized from hunting moments prior invading my world to remove my curse. So don't expect to sit back, you guys will be in the thick of the battle as well.

Last edited by Tolvo on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:49 pm

Tolvo wrote:I'm just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing, and the fact that I misunderstood you but now got it.

I still disagree though, because I can haha.

Also each person only invaded me around two times, I saw a lot of different names coming in, though I was spamming Dried Finger so I'm not sure if there was any relation or if I was getting eyes from Darkmoons somehow.

I wonder though if two GL's can accidentally waste a curse by both cursing the same world. I guess that's my only real complaint about GL's, it is kind of hard to actually test out the mechanics and find out how it is effecting other worlds.

Well I disagree with you too! :face: haha Ok good and good also that you are part of the gravelord army.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:50 pm

Suppose I invade a gl, would I be able to act as a guard? I haven't been able to collect many EoDs but I don't wanna leave an ally without helping them.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Tolvo wrote:Really? Well that is good to know. Any idea if using the Dried Finger Resets your curse and places it in new worlds? Because I saw a ridiculous amount of activity from different people while doing it, though it could always be a coincidence.

By the way GL's, from my experience as a Gravelord in the forest expect the farmers to notice you. I can't tell you how many farmers I've recognized from hunting moments prior invading my world to remove my curse. So don't expect to sit back, you guys will be in the thick of the battle as well.

yes!!! so where do you stand? by the stairs near the entrace?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Well see it is a bit of a double edged sword. If you are a Darwraith, you can aid them. However I would only jump in if I see anything fishy, or multiple opponents. As well if you kill anyone they won't get their eye of death. If you are a hunter or moon you can take up a slot for an invader, but the GL might not think you are being benign and it is reasonable for them to assume you are waiting to gank.

And yes, I stand by the stairs.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:52 pm

cloudyeki wrote:Suppose I invade a gl, would I be able to act as a guard? I haven't been able to collect many EoDs but I don't wanna leave an ally without helping them.

I would suggest you ask them if they want a companion. Some might some might not. I think gravelords are like air force pilots. you know what I mean. A type personalities silly
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:03 pm

ultraflame22 wrote:
    This is a similar vision to the Dulauthsheid, or 'Despair spreaders' in English, mind set. There are 753 GLs in this brigade, and they all go to one place and use EoDs. This weekend, they have decided to take command of Anor Londo with the Kirosnet Waλreal, or 'Dessert walkers'.

Also, it is not possible to curse a world already cursed. Once a world is cursed, it locks against additional cursing.

Then that is where I need to be. (not their event but part of that army)

Thanks for the info. I am in you debt.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:04 pm

Well I'm back to farming Eyes of Death, I just realized I didn't drop one EoD to the GL I invaded earlier...I dropped 99.... sad
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Tolvo wrote:Well I'm back to farming Eyes of Death, I just realized I didn't drop one EoD to the GL I invaded earlier...I dropped 99.... sad

Look on the bright side, that's 297 more farmers that will ended up on the wrong side of a BP shroom
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:10 pm

Well I guess to one Gravelord I'm a regular Saint Nick at least.
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:12 pm

Tolvo wrote:Well I'm back to farming Eyes of Death, I just realized I didn't drop one EoD to the GL I invaded earlier...I dropped 99.... sad
    That is rather unfortunate. I like dropping Items in PvP though. If you drop a Prism stone, and time it right, you can backstab your opponent while they are picking it up. Fun times. Good speed to you friend.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:12 pm

hahaha tolvo aka santa clause silly
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Tolvo wrote:Well I guess to one Gravelord I'm a regular Saint Nick at least.

errrmm consider your avatar? silly
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:33 pm

(my mind is evil)

"Tolvo Clause Ive been extra good about punishing the farmers, so can I have a full + 5 fire gargoyle set?"

I'm glad I'm not the only one giving stuff to hosts and invaders
    ultraflame22
    ultraflame22
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ultraflame22 Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:36 pm

GL info:
    I have some info for GLs that you will most likely not be able to find anywhere else. Thanks to Ravager and myself, a group of GLs, some comrades, and the two of us were able to test out some GLing while in a LAN only server(Yes, we hacked Dark Souls so the only worlds that could be invaded were those on LAN). We tested some stuff we thought would be important to GLing.

Test 1: World cursing is lying to us?
    In this test, we had three people: a GL and two humans of another covenant. When the GL used his EoD, it took hold like it would normally.

Conclusion: This means that there is a chance that a GL is not actually cursing 3 worlds like he should be. There were only two open worlds, meaning that the last curse was not used. If there is no one to curse, the curse is not really used.

Test 2: Recover lost curse?
    Same idea as test one, but there is another human, but he is at a different location. The EoD cursed the two at the GL's location like normal. After a minute, we had the last human enter the location. He was instantly cursed.

Conclusion: As long as a GL has a curse in a location that is not being used on a player, it will go straight to the next person to enter the area(that is human).

Test 3: Duel cursing?
    This time, we took two GLs, and 4 humans, all in the same area. Both GLs used their EoD. All humans were cursed. We had one GL(The first to use his EoD) quite his game. After he did so, three of the four humans lost curse.

Conclusion: Curse does not stack.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:01 am