Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Dual Wielding; hopes and dreams

Qyntius
    Qyntius
    Casual
    Casual

Dual Wielding; hopes and dreams Empty Dual Wielding; hopes and dreams

Post by Qyntius Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:06 am

I've been thinking about set ups and pro's of con's for dual wielding for a while now because I don't like using shields in games and even though playing 2 handed is fun it just feels silly holding a short weapon with 2 hands.

Now all I can think of is putting a poke weapon in the offhand (like a spear) and using the faster weapon in the mainhand to combo when you see an opening. Are there any other strong set ups that I'm missing? Also the spear method would be better if the fast weapon was in the offhand to parry, but the offhand fast weapons won't be able to combo that way.

I would love for Dark Souls 2 to have a different dual wielding system
    [Fantasy mode engaged]
    Like if when you equip 2 weapons the weapons will make unique combo's by only pressing R1 in succesion (ig. First press Right hand, second presss left hand, 3rd and fourth both right hand or just keep switching)

Pressing L1 in succesion would do the same thing except start the combo with the left hand

R2 Could be right hand Parry, which can be tactically used on backhand or dual wield offhand attacks from the opponent, or we could just make this heavy dual wield combo

L2 Could be left hand Parry

Backstab and critical attacks are made with a both weapons animations for a (1.2 increase for example over a normal critical)

To balance it out you could nerf the poise damage and/or regular damage if needed.
    To make it less strenient on the developpers to make so many combo's you can only engage in proper dual wielding when wielding 2 weapons of the same type (or maybe even below a certain weight as well). In the case that 2 weapons of different types(or heavy weapons) will be wielded; the system reverts back to the original making it still possible, but not as beneficiary 
    [Fantasy mode disengaged]
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Dual Wielding; hopes and dreams Empty Re: Dual Wielding; hopes and dreams

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Qyntius wrote:I've been thinking about set ups and pro's of con's for dual wielding for a while now because I don't like using shields in games and even though playing 2 handed is fun it just feels silly holding a short weapon with 2 hands.

Now all I can think of is putting a poke weapon in the offhand (like a spear) and using the faster weapon in the mainhand to combo when you see an opening. Are there any other strong set ups that I'm missing? Also the spear method would be better if the fast weapon was in the offhand to parry, but the offhand fast weapons won't be able to combo that way.

I would love for Dark Souls 2 to have a different dual wielding system
    [Fantasy mode engaged]
    Like if when you equip 2 weapons the weapons will make unique combo's by only pressing R1 in succesion (ig. First press Right hand, second presss left hand, 3rd and fourth both right hand or just keep switching)

Pressing L1 in succesion would do the same thing except start the combo with the left hand

R2 Could be right hand Parry, which can be tactically used on backhand or dual wield offhand attacks from the opponent, or we could just make this heavy dual wield combo

L2 Could be left hand Parry

Backstab and critical attacks are made with a both weapons animations for a (1.2 increase for example over a normal critical)

To balance it out you could nerf the poise damage and/or regular damage if needed.
    To make it less strenient on the developpers to make so many combo's you can only engage in proper dual wielding when wielding 2 weapons of the same type (or maybe even below a certain weight as well). In the case that 2 weapons of different types(or heavy weapons) will be wielded; the system reverts back to the original making it still possible, but not as beneficiary 
    [Fantasy mode disengaged]
    I love using the zwei in the off-hand with a short sword or curved sword in the main. I know I could go the other way around, but I don't want to.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:06 pm

You'd be surprised with the amount of styles of dual wielding you can pull off. I personally prefer a rapier in the off-hand and the painted guardian sword in the main hand or double daggers.

Something like this.

I prefer the ability to parry when I'm in combat so if I have a weapon like the spear, zwei, broadsword etc. I tend to have another weapon in the off-hand that I can switch to so I can parry.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:17 pm