Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Hart
OminousSquaffle
SadPanda
7 posters

Best way to start new builds

SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Best way to start new builds Empty Best way to start new builds

Post by SadPanda Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:24 pm

This in my personal opinion is the best way to start a new build.

First, start by grabbing the ring of sacrifice under the bridge. Then, reverse hollowing and head to Blighttown. Grab any and all souls shards on the way there. While in Blighttown, trigger the Mildred invasion and run into the bonfire room, then kill her. If you don't mind backtracking, rest at the bonfire. Then kill the slugs to get around 7 large titanite and 20 green titanite, 2 large titanite can be found in the level. Grab all of the large proud knight shards then head towards Quelaag. Summon Mildred and head into the fog. Lure Quelaag away so that Mildred can get some hits in, it may take a while for Mildred to kill her. Then, head into the Demon Ruins and cheese Ceaseless. Head into the lower Demon Ruins and grab the souls shards and the large fire ember, then homeward bone back. If you're still in Blighttown, feel free to grab whatever you need in the Great Hollow, especially Twinkling titanite and the Red Chunks.  Head into the Catacombs and just run through using the shortcuts to get to Vamos. Buy as many titanite shards to upgrade the equipment, then make a Fire +5, or if you grabbed some Red Chunks, + 6/7. Kill (cheese) Pinwheel then leave the Catacombs. If you're feeling lucky, you can start New Londo, and get the Very Large ember and some titanite chunks. I usually do this. Then do Burg/Parish so you can get to the Depths. Or you can use the 2+ shortcuts to get to Lower Undead Burg early. Kill Capra and grab the large ember from the Depths. Kill Gaping, warp out, kill Gargoyles, then head back to the Asylum. Kill the Black Knights, Stray Demon, and Oscar. Upgrade your weapon of choice to +15 or Fire +9, you should have enough by now. Then just normally progress through the game. By the time you kill the Stray Demon, you should be around SL 50-60, and have the best upgrade or near best you can have for your weapon. If you'd like, you can do some PvP to level up, or you can just beat the game. If done precise, fast, and well, you can make a new PvP build in around 4-5 hours, without the use of a save editor.

Hopefully this helped people out that want to make new builds.

TL;DR, Blighttown first, Ceaseless, grab Fire Ember from Demon Ruins. Go into the Catacombs and make a fire weapon. Get to New Londo, grab Very Large ember. Finish up Parish/Burg/Depths. Kill Stray Demon, max/near max upgrade weapon. Finish out the game. If done right, this takes around 4-5 hours.
    OminousSquaffle
    OminousSquaffle
    Casual
    Casual

Best way to start new builds Empty Re: Best way to start new builds

Post by OminousSquaffle Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:02 pm

Wasn't a lot of this from one of Vageta's videos?

Regardless, I now find myself in desperate want of cheese.

Not bad/10. Hope you meant a low-level PvP build though, you can't come close to making a 120 with that shtuff.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:51 pm

le downboated

You're welcome for the time.
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:58 pm

lol Panda you've got fanboys!

Good little write up too, gonna try this on a new toon this weekend and see how it goes...

OminousSquaffle wrote:Hope you meant a low-level PvP build though, you can't come close to making a 120 with that shtuff.
    He says finish the game, so its easy enough to stop off and farm the Painted World before killing Gwyn. It would maybe take you to ~6 hours or so but entirely possible.

EDIT: Best sig ever too OP
    MikailArksot
    MikailArksot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MikailArksot Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:33 pm

For me, I do three separate runs: the Graveyard Run, the New Londo Run, and the Blighttown Run.

Graveyard Run: Run from Firelink to where Petrus is, then go up the stairs and collect the Soul of a Lost Undead, then go down the elevator shaft and get Homeward Bones and Lloyd's Talismans (not necessary, but might as well pick up). Jump down and gather two Large Souls of a Lost Undead. If anything else is needed (Caduceus Round Shield, Winged Spear, or Zweihander), now is the time to pick it up. Run back to the bonfire, picking up a Soul of a Lost Undead on the way.

New Londo Run: Run from Firelink to the elevator below. Once at the bottom, trigger it back up. Run downstairs and get the Soul of the Nameless Soldier. Run up the next tower and use the Master Key to open the door; collect the Large Soul of a Nameless Soldier. Run across the planks, then head left to the Undead Dragon. Go to his other claw where only one item rests, the Soul of a Proud Knight, and get it. Run all the way back, but don't cross the plank; turn into Blighttown and run until you get to the swamp. 

Blighttown Run: Roll often in the swamp and only heal when necessary. Go around and get the three Large Souls of a Proud Knight and a Large titanite Shard. Next, head all the way opposite of Quelaag's Domain to a large, spiraling branch. Climb up and hit the illusory wall by the corpse. Open the chest to get Twin Humanities. Trigger the next wall and run until you reach the bonfire. Don't rest. Head down the center branch, then jump to the right to get the Cloranthy Ring. From here, do what you want; if you want, farm the Crystal Lizards or gather a few Chunks. Afterwards, either die or Homeward Bone out.

The result is usually around 15,000 souls.
    ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:40 pm

Nice guide Panda, but it seems like in the end you might waste more time with so much preparation. This is my usual route if I'm gonna end up with a +15 weapon:

Valley shortcut
    Moonlight butterfly
    +5 weapon if you have it already
    Gargoyles
    Parish backwards
    Lower burg
    Depths just for ember and laurentius
    Optional +6 if you got a large shard
    Optional pinwheel/saving whatsherface (do it now if you're not killing lautrec)
    Blight town/quelaag/ceaseless (clear slugs but no need to farm, optional power within/falchion/iaito)
    Optional pinwheel/saving whatsherface (if you killed lautrec)
    +7/8 weapon, you'll get the rest in sen's
    Anor londo
    New londo and 4 kings, +14 before or after the kings
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:19 am

I thought this was pretty common knowledge. This is the most efficient path assuming you want to primarily stick to elemental weapons.

PS: Vageta is best youtube commentator/DkS player. I miss him.
    xenon_nobelium
    xenon_nobelium
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by xenon_nobelium Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:05 am

scotty indeed does know, gj!
    if you know what you're doing the 4kings are dead (and you're a lvl60 darkwraith) after 2-3h.
    except i skip the moonlight butterfly fight to have a dueling place besides the burg... i no longer go to ng+ unless i need a second stack of spells.
    the key to speed is not to wait for your desired weapon but to get the first "good" weapon your char can wield and start upgrading it asap (just dont waste a slab on it)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:05 pm