Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
twigsterxd
CarverUpqik
6 posters

need help before i start this

CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

need help before i start this Empty need help before i start this

Post by CarverUpqik Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:09 pm

http://mmdks.com/2loc

hows it look any advice on changes before i start? i want it to be a pure caster and gwyndolin-ish looking armor wise thats why i chose his gear
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

need help before i start this Empty Re: need help before i start this

Post by twigsterxd Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:20 pm

Goin by what I've been taught. Your end is too low, vit too high, looks like you're a mag/faith/pyro. Never seen that before. Pure casters usually only choose 1 of the 3. At least I've been told. Since it looks like you want to use more magic, a stronger catalyst would be better.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:22 pm

it is the strongest catalyst aside from tin which halves casts and why more end if im not using a weapon aside from a bow.... and the only pyro i have is power within >.< you really didnt look at it did you
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:25 pm

You doing a gwyndolin....I am just going to call this a no melee build because that is what this is. Before I go any further can I ask why you are going with this build? Other than that you need more than 90 stamina if you want a bow and can dodge more than once with that.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:26 pm

well im going with it cuz quite frankly i cant think of anything else i havent done lol and can you make a fix maybe?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:39 pm

Build You can try this?
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:47 pm

I did read it and tin cat does not halve your magic. The crystal one does. And end also gives you more defense and as Soris said, you need more than 1 roll. I've just never seen a pure caster use all 3 types of casting. Your physical defense is only 190. An invader has a good chance of 1 or 2 shotting you if they are good at dodging magic. Also, for the faster bosses like capra, you better pray you can kill him fast before his dogs maul you to death with such low stamina.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:58 pm

ill try yours soris but with power within it doesnt count as using all 3 imo becuase all it is is another powerup i dont see why spells like powerwithin ironflesh and stuff like that are pyros they dont really have anything to do with fire...
    tonberryking01
    tonberryking01
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tonberryking01 Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:58 pm

I agree, even for a pure spellcaster, I don't think it's worth going to 50 attunement at the cost of all Endurance. Other than that minor adjustment, I think this looks like a very fun build! happy
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:05 pm

I don't really see how much power within can help you out aside from the damage the bow will do. I can tell that with the int, logan's staff, the bellowing ring and Gwyndolin's helm that you intend to have extremely powerful magic on this build. Really that would be your main offense than the bow would. The endurance will give time to recover, dodge a hit more, and fire more arrows without the burden of the recharge. Also you end up with more hp and a faster form of the fast dodge.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:27 pm

PW increases damage of everything not just weapons >.<
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:30 pm

Here, I improved it for you. http://mmdks.com/2lqh Trust me, you want some kind of a weapon to be able to defend yourself, and rapiers work great for low endurance builds like that.

Wolf ring is also necessary because with that kind of health you'll be stunlocked to death by a lot of things and enemies with fast weapons will be able to cancel your casts with an attack. Ring of the Sun's firstborn is not that useful, WoG's best attribute is not its damage but its dead angling capability and poisebreak.

I did keep Crown of the dark sun, but improved your armor for better resists in all areas. Pyro flame in the left hand lets you sneak a rapier attack if your pyro stuns the opponent, because you don't have the Dex to stunlock with Great Combustion or Black Flame, which you might want to attune for variety's sake.

If you don't want a weapon, why not try keeping a parry shield in the left hand and casting dark bead pr Crystal Soul Spear in the enemy's face instead of a riposte once you land a parry? That will end most matches in one hit. A bow isn't all that useful after all, and you have plenty of ranged options already.

EDIT: Don't listen to the others, your stats are fine. The only adjustment I would make is going down to 41 Att and putting those points into Vit for nearly 1500 HP.
    Eko
    Eko
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eko Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:37 am

This is what I came up with.
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=143874648278581376

To start off I don't think you need a ton of stamina, but more would definitely be helpful so I added a little bit. As far as the choice of weapons I got rid of the Composite Bow and put your pyromancy flame in the left hand. I agree with Ghandi that you need a melee weapon and also agreed that the Rapier was the best choice. Since the majority of your spells will be cast from range the Composite Bow seemed pretty useless. I also toned down the number of spells you had. Two WotG really just seems like overkill to me; I can't think of a time where you NEED to have that many casts on such a strong spell, and you already have a plethora of options to begin with. I also removed White Dragon Breath as you can see it coming a mile away and is one of the easiest sorceries to dodge. Ring of the Sun's Firstborn also seemed to be nothing significant for you and it appeared that you would benefit more from having some poise so you weren't so fragile, thus I added the Wolf Ring. I tried not to stray too far from your original intent, but the build did seem to be a little all over the place. If I were you I would focus on one or two sets of castings, but if you can handle three then go for it. I hope this helps some.

EDIT - Also, with my changes switching the starting class to sorcerer gave you more points to play with until you hit SL125.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:34 pm