Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
PhlyingDutchman
AnCapaillMor
Spearmarshal
7 posters

Moveswapping... Or something worse...?

Spearmarshal
    Spearmarshal

Moveswapping... Or something worse...? Empty Moveswapping... Or something worse...?

Post by Spearmarshal Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:26 am

Hey guys. I've been playing in township for some PvP lately and I encountered some new, ungodly glitch.

An invader appeared wielding a great club and a gargoyle's halberd on his back (in his offhand, but he was two-handing). He attacked me with a running attack. It was the gargoyle halberd's running attack. He also proceeded to roll and attack with it's rolling attack. NOTE: He never swapped out or one handed the weapon at any point. It wasn't moveswapping. 

When I contacted him, he said it was a new glitch called bowswapping. I think he's full of ****. Videos on YouTube speak volumes. This might be something called "Move-set Swapping". This is not a menu moveswap. The comments for a particular video reveal this is some form of hex editing.

What do you guys think? Has anyone else seen this?

Last edited by Spearmarshal on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:07 am; edited 4 times in total
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Moveswapping... Or something worse...? Empty Re: Moveswapping... Or something worse...?

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:47 am

Yowzer!!!!! i was thinking of the quick menu moveswap when i saw the title. That's bloody nasty.

Looks like it's a PC thing, i'd remove the link as it links to how to do it.
    Spearmarshal
    Spearmarshal

Moveswapping... Or something worse...? Empty Re: Moveswapping... Or something worse...?

Post by Spearmarshal Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:56 am

Oh, you are right. Link removed. My bad.
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:02 am

Yeah, this has the potential to be incredibly dangerous and game-breaking. I just messed around with it a bit and got some pretty deadly combos. Fortunately, it also won't let you backstab or buff while in this mode, and I'm pretty sure that pancaking is connected to the source animation, so the total benefit is capped. Nonetheless, snappy rolling and running attacks combine with large weapons to incredible effect.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:00 am

There is an in-game glitch that can allow a HOST (and only a host, never a phantom) to superimpose one weapons moveset onto another... A Zweihander with the Dagger's moveset is an absurd thing that no one should ever have experienced.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:14 am

Jansports wrote:There is an in-game glitch that can allow a HOST (and only a host, never a phantom) to superimpose one weapons moveset onto another... A Zweihander with the Dagger's moveset is an absurd thing that no one should ever have experienced.
    Actually bumped into that except with the demon great machette and falchion moveset. I got obliterated in 2 secs, should've know something was up when the head was huge.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:37 am

AnCapaillMor wrote:
    Jansports wrote:There is an in-game glitch that can allow a HOST (and only a host, never a phantom) to superimpose one weapons moveset onto another... A Zweihander with the Dagger's moveset is an absurd thing that no one should ever have experienced.
    Actually bumped into that except with the demon great machette and falchion moveset. I got obliterated in 2 secs, should've know something was up when the head was huge.
    Doesn't swapping movesets make him no longer hold the sword over his shoulder?
    Spearmarshal
    Spearmarshal

Post by Spearmarshal Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:40 am

There is an in-game glitch that can allow a HOST (and only a host, never a phantom) to superimpose one weapons moveset onto another.
    Nah man. This guy was a red eye orb invader. hence my suspicion of hex editing.
    Doesn't swapping movesets make him no longer hold the sword over his shoulder?
    Not this guy, but then again, his great club still had it's regular R1's. It's running attack and rolling attack were the only thing changed.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:57 am

This glitch was recently discovered and it allows you to change the running and rolling attack of your weapon. It's not a PC only thing, it abuses the same flaw in the game as all the other moveswap glitches. If someone is two-handing a weapon, has another weapon on his back and starts doing crazy moves you know he's doing the glitch. Just something to be aware of.

But remember, if someone is using straight sword moveset with a weapon that's not a straight sword, it's usually an animation glitch that happens sometimes when the host is already two-handing his weapon when another player enters his world. This is not intentional because in this case the glitching player doesn't even know his weapon is glitched. It can be fixed by changing a weapon or changing your stance from two-handed to one-handed.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:41 am

Spearmarshal wrote:Moveswapping....or something worse?

Seems to be a version of the tumbleswap/buff, so just moveswapping.

Lasts longer though, so I'd say worse than standard tumbleswap.

Should be parryable though, seeing as they just keep spamming the same moves.
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:45 am

There is no hacking required for the roll/run moveswap, just moderately fast fingers. Interestingly, in the video talking about the switch, if you swap to a weapon without running/rolling attacks (i.e. catalyst), you get the longsword moveset. The game must consider longsword the "default" weapon, and it was probably the first placeholder they programmed, which explains the occasional animation glitches we've seen. Complete moveset swaps are possible with hex editing, which is straight-up cheating, and I neither recommended nor endorse such behavior.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 am