Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
BrotherBob
Back Lot Basher
6 posters

What do you do after a Level 1 playthrough?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

What do you do after a Level 1 playthrough? Empty What do you do after a Level 1 playthrough?

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:21 pm

Just wondering what people normally do with their character after finishing (assuming you aren't trying to go to NG+ 7 with it).  Do you drop a couple of points in so you can use a bit more variety of weapons?  Stay at low level for coop?  Invasions?
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What do you do after a Level 1 playthrough? Empty Re: What do you do after a Level 1 playthrough?

Post by BrotherBob Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:45 pm

I'd push it up to SL11 and do co-op in the Burg. You can't really do low-level invasions unless you're okay with menu-swapping between powerful weapons/armor and unupgraded weapons/armor constantly. I've tried and it's just exhausting. During low-level invading, you can invade new players, new players using the megamule, really high-level players, and everything in between. Often it's hard to distinguish between them and/or figure out what you should use against them to have a fight where neither of you gets OHKO on a single R1 swing. It's just not worth the time and effort. But that's just my opinion.
    I've got a Siegmeyer cosplay build that I use for low-level co-oping and for invading ~SL50s in Sen's and AL. http://mmdks.com/3izd
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

What do you do after a Level 1 playthrough? Empty Re: What do you do after a Level 1 playthrough?

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:08 pm

Cool...I don't really like invading people's games.  I like PvP in the forest at high levels, but it's more like an arena, now.  Some ganking, but some good fights as well.  I was thinking I'd just add a few levels, like you said, for the good weapons, and then coop.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:20 am

Some people just leave the character for SL1 coop with those who need help, if you wanna invade there's that too.
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:08 am

Either push all the way to NG+7, or summon / get summoned in the undead parish.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:50 am

I've kept my SL1 as an SL1 just because. I sometimes get on it to help other SL1 runners with problem bosses like Kings and OandS. I mean I bothered going to Ng+++ and collecting these rings so I can potentially have 32 casts of GC available. (Though I find one is often enough and use my other spell slots for other spells. GFB and regular Combustion usually. Swap one of the seance rings off after applying PW for Bellowing)
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:57 am

Yeah, consider keeping your guy at SL1 just because you'll sometimes get the urge to advance him through ng+ when you're looking for a different challenge.

I've got two SL1 guys on ng+. One of them did the "unique weapon per boss challenge" that DSG78gaming came up with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 am