Low level playthrough build

ryan0wens
    Casual
    Casual

Low level playthrough build

Post by ryan0wens on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:58 pm

Ever since I watched Emarrel's entire NG+7 play through at SL1 I've wanted to make my own low level build to see how far I could take it.

I spent forever debating what level to take it to, what weapon to use.. etc. but I finally took the time and created what I think will be a fairly good low level build for coop and may even last through NG+7 (If my nerves can take it that is)

Here is my final result:
    http://mmdks.com/qaf

Yes, I'm going to use a chaos/lightning Hand Axe. It can break a lot of poise, does a decent amount of damage, and has a fairly quick moveset.

The armor is up for debate, I wanted to give myself a bit of resistance and poise, but leave a ring slot up for changing without losing my fast roll.

Stats could also be played around with a bit, but Id like to keep my HP over 1400 for later playthroughs when I could possibly be one shot by anything.

Anyway, the point of this is to get any suggestions or comments on my work, as this is my first build character; usually I just level up as I see fit, no limits twisted

Last edited by ryan0wens on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Re: Low level playthrough build

Post by Sentiel on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:20 pm

Not to self promote, or anything, but here's my guide to SL 1 playthrough. Maybe you can use some info from it.

SL 1 Guide

ryan0wens
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ryan0wens on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:04 pm

The only thing I'm not entirely sure about is if the hand axe staggers as well as a club. Tbh I REALLY dont like the moveset on club weapons.. My bread and butter on my usual char is the sunlight straight sword, so I wanted something that would be around the same speed. The wiki lists hand axes as having the same poise breaking power as a club, but i havent tested it. Nor can I until sunday

Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:01 pm

It doesn't. Perhpas Hand Axes R2 attacks stagger like Clubs R1, but the Stamina consumption doesn't make it justified.
    I hate Reinforced Club and all slow weapons. I'm a katana lover, but I can't argue with the results Reinforced Club gives me.

Hand Axe is still, great, but mostly for dealing with fast enemies, like dogs, thieves etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:25 am