Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+29
Leet
twigsterxd
StiffNipples
Animaaal
reim0027
cerealaire
Jansports
TheMeInTeam
Cabjoy
robsthedon
mankind
Sentiel
jerrmy12
Serious_Much
AnCapaillMor
hey its andres
X3RR0STR0N
SirArchmage
Xero
Acarnatia
befowler
densetsushun
Devokai
Wilkinson3424
Derpwraith
Avenger649
XachAttack
crbngville2
Exclusive
33 posters

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!

reim0027
    reim0027

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU! - Page 6 Empty Re: FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!

Post by reim0027 Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:56 pm

Back to Pursuers . . . It is a waste of a spell in the forest. Waste of 2 slots and 1 or 3 casts. I laugh when I see it, then do figure 8s around the trees and see them miss me and nail the trees.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:41 pm

reim0027 wrote:Back to Pursuers . . . It is a waste of a spell in the forest.  Waste of 2 slots and 1 or 3 casts.  I laugh when I see it, then do figure 8s around the trees and see them miss me and nail the trees.

So true.

I have to admit though, I was completely mesmerized by the possibilities when I first seen it.  I thought to myself, "OMFG!!!! Did HCSM really just get this good?!?!?!"

But alas, there's really only a couple ways to capitalize on them, imo anyway, and they are unreliable at best:

-Unlocked Crystal Soul Spear

-Avelyn / Great Bows

-Pressing

I have been  cycling attunements since before the DLC was released and am still finding it difficult to justify Pursuers in my load out anymore.  I cannot make it work against competent players.  There is simply too much room and too many obstacles in the forest.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:10 am

You just need a lag switch bro, it makes the trees null and void winking
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:11 am

Animaal yes ps3
    Tooleet, you said sl 100 - 125, no wonder you hardly get invaded there lol. They like the lowbies.
    For all of you commenting on my 9/10, I know it's alot but there were days it has happened.

And lag switches are lame. What's so fun bout ruining PvP by cheating.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:31 am

twigsterxd wrote:Animaal yes ps3
    Tooleet, you said sl 100 - 125, no wonder you hardly get invaded there lol. They like the lowbies.
    For all of you commenting on my 9/10, I know it's alot but there were days it has happened.

And lag switches are lame. What's so fun bout ruining PvP by cheating.

I get invaded all day in the Burg at SL 100 - 125. Where did i say i don't get invasions in the Burg?
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:45 am

twigsterxd wrote:And lag switches are lame. What's so fun bout ruining PvP by cheating.

I wasn't being serious sad

It was a play on what happened to me when a super laggy guy invaded me and the Pursuers hit a tree, then killed me a few seconds later.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:48 am

Sorry had to re read your post. You said you hardly run into problems. I didn't read it before commenting.
    And I missed your dried finger post. But even still, using dried finger you would think you'd still get some of them. They still have to use a cracked eye or something.
    But like I said, alot of it happens at low levels.

@Stiff - I wasn't sure if you were being real or just foolin around. That's why I said lag switching is lame. Wasn't directed at you, just your comment
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:13 am

All good brotato, it's hard to convey tone through text silly
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:25 pm

Hey Animaal, if you want pursuers to work then time it witha 45 dex fire tempest. Works even in the forest. Dance 
    Ba22crow
    Ba22crow

Post by Ba22crow Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:24 pm

TheMeInTeam wrote:
    At least on Xbox the ban system for tampering is based on feedback. They obiviously aren't going to scan every system as it connects, that would be silly, and tedious. But they also cannot immediately scan every person who had a complaint filed, as misconception causes quiet a few people to hit the button when really it was a simple  miss, a lack of understanding what happened, or even the infamous lag. As such they only observe the contents of your Xbox when a certain number of complaints have been filed. So in truth its people saying hitting that button is pointless, who convince others it's pointless, that effectively make it pointless.

Sorry, but no.  You're wrong.

I have watched a youtuber call out Microsoft and it's failure of an anti-cheating system directly.  He captured direct proof of footage from hackers, got them into xbox parties, talked to them and they even explained (poorly) why they hacked.  He filed a complaint on them, and so did a fair amount of his large sub base.  He's done this a long time.

Months later, he went through the people he reported to MS, and the only one who still didn't have their account was the little kid of some mom he trolled...and in that case it was the sensible mother and not microsoft that took away the kid's account.

I have had a person denial of service flood me, tell me he was going to steal money from me, and deliberately delay a game so that he could get the information he needed over ISP.  I didn't believe him, but just to be safe I changed my passwords and associated my bank accounts with an email that I've never touched since.  My account showed an attempted transaction shortly after the time this person online threatened me, and despite reporting him through xbox's report feature (tampering, communication) and describing this situation to xbox support staff in writing, this criminal still had his account up and running online weeks later.

The kicker is that xbox live support staff insisted that his attempted theft was impossible, even against my evidence that it happened.  "If he did it, we would have known"  BULL ****ing ****.  Sorry to get a smidge personal here, but you're essentially spreading an urban legend, and a flagrant lie.  I have witnessed, and later experienced firsthand, that MS doesn't give a flying **** about cheaters or apparently, even criminals who use their service in ways that violate terms of service and the law. 

There are hackers still dotting the madden top 100 who IP boot people, score 5 points per game (total), and have 100+ and 0 records.  Flagrant usage of denial service attacks, a federal crime, with massed reports.  No bans.  Zilch.

Do you really think little kids with infinite HP who use gestures after 1-shotting you with crystal swords don't get reported a couple dozen times?  Really?

No sell.  I understand you're trying to be helpful to the community, but misinformation is the opposite.  Xbox almost never bans known/confirmed hackers.  Possibly, it's because people found a way around it (techniques I'd rather not discuss in detail anywhere such human filth might come across it in a web search), but the fact of the matter is that hackers and the rare criminal are not touched.

Worst part of all is, I can report these scrublets for tampering, avoid them, and the game will still force me to invade them.

I didn't say it works everytime, I also didn't say they cared. I simply explained how it was set up to work. Bad or uncaring employees can nullify the system.

You can show Microsoft all the proof you want, you can show him personally modding his console face to face, but it's been in your hands so it is not able to be used as proof. Just like if you were to hand police a recording of your neighbor saying he knocks out your windows every night. Sure its proof to you, but unless they can come up with something tangible themselves, they can't act on proof that has been in the accusers hands alone, so no, not even with a few years of evidence would I expect them to act on this youtuber's accusations.

Denial of service attacks nor IP boots are run through a Xbox 360 friend, they are run through a computer, which means Xbox can't do jack about their record as they can't see the attacks are from the same person. That is why those hackers will likely never be banned. But to modify the actual characters as in Dark Souls you have to modify the game content files and that "is" detectable.

And no, the little kids who come in and one shot a summon, whom I chaos flame and backstab for over 1200 without them losing a bit on their health bar, that then proceed to turn around and one shot me and the host through shields do not get complaints filed against them. I frequently have to ask my hosts to also hit the complaint button. I ask them what they think happened when this occurs and they tend to assume it is bad lag, or don't know the rules of invasions and assume they got invaded by a guy several hundred levels over themselves. So no, I watched my little brother beat the fool out of a 1hp dragon head shirtless loser for a full minute and he did not even think to hit the button. people in general don't.

As for Microsoft saying the attempted theft against you was impossible, of course they will tell you that. PSN would have told you its system was unhackable a few years ago, the Titanic was unsinkable remember? Untill something happens people with responsibility prefer inactivity. You aren't going to tell your investor's they could have their claim not go through if your an insurance company right? It's business, they are out to make money, and telling their customers something is bad that you sell to them is dumb business.

You are right, it does depend upon the method of hacking, or taking advantage of the system as to how easy it is to catch, and there are Microsoft guys who just don't care. I have no problem with you personally, It was not misinformation, but a misunderstanding. wave
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:34 pm

StiffNipples wrote:All good brotato, it's hard to convey tone through text silly

True.
    Alot of people including myself type, (or speak), before they think. Sounds good in your head but it never comes out right lol
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:08 pm

Found a new (at least for me) glitch. 

Cast magic of your choice with opposite catalyst item. Wanna spam WoG on your Int build, but don't have enough Faith. No worries, our new glitch will allow you to cast Miracles with TCC regardless of your Faith and it boosts it's damage too, thanks to higher MagAdjust of TCC.

In case you thought that purple modded WoG thingy is bad.

I met a guy with this in Burg just now and he explained it to me in detail how to do this.

Seriously, From, just release Dark Souls II already and free me out of this misery...please...
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:39 pm

I've not heard of that, but it sounds awful.  In theory it would also let you cast pretty much anything off an ascended flame +5 too then.  Hopefully it is at least impractical to set up in a fight?  If not it's as bad if not worse than TWoD, allowing a lvl 10 character to blast you to **** with dark bead after a TWoP.

From should throw us a bone and get rid of this nonsense.  The game's old-ish, but come on.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:25 pm

Yes it can be used with Ascended Pyro Flame and no, it's actually quite easy although very obvious. On the other hand a host can have it prepared without your knowledge before you invade, which is exactly what happened to me.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:17 am

I don't believe I've ever run into a PSN hacker, and if I have I was unable to identify it.

I thought it was more difficult than this to program things like infinite hp into Dark Souls on PS3.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:13 am

Myztyrio wrote:I don't believe I've ever run into a PSN hacker, and if I have I was unable to identify it.

I thought it was more difficult than this to program things like infinite hp into Dark Souls on PS3.

Dude, they're everywhere.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:41 pm

hey its andres wrote:Hey Animaal, if you want pursuers to work then time it witha 45 dex fire tempest. Works even in the forest. Dance 
    I hesitate to even mention this, but I have a sl99 that combines pursuers with a great club + high poise.  Among other horrible things you can do, the great club (like a number of other str weaps like greatsword) has an AOE auto stagger on its charge move.  Meaning even if you miss with the sprint attack, the ground hit usually staggers them anyway.  So you cast pursuers, 2-hand the great club, sprint attack, and either the pursuers hit them and then you get a free 2-hand great club hit + stagger dmg, or you stagger them with the great club and then the pursuers all hit with bonus stagger dmg.  It feels basically like child abuse so I only use it on invaders in the township.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:49 pm

befowler wrote:
    hey its andres wrote:Hey Animaal, if you want pursuers to work then time it witha 45 dex fire tempest. Works even in the forest. Dance 
    I hesitate to even mention this, but I have a sl99 that combines pursuers with a great club + high poise.  Among other horrible things you can do, the great club (like a number of other str weaps like greatsword) has an AOE auto stagger on its charge move.  Meaning even if you miss with the sprint attack, the ground hit usually staggers them anyway.  So you cast pursuers, 2-hand the great club, sprint attack, and either the pursuers hit them and then you get a free 2-hand great club hit + stagger dmg, or you stagger them with the great club and then the pursuers all hit with bonus stagger dmg.  It feels basically like child abuse so I only use it on invaders in the township.
    What did i just read? not me 

That kinda sounds kinda funny, even though you'd get bored of the easy kills faster than if you were trying hard for them
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:05 pm

This thread is for venting about stuff in game right?

Well I was just going through the Demon Ruins and I was going to suicide since I was still human, then I got invaded and decided to just fight anyway even though the toon I was on wasn't at its peak.  So I start the fight and get led into a TwoP, figure I'm dead then suddenly dark hand.  Lost a humanity all fine, I take out my pyro glove and great combust him to kill him in one hit and I bow.  Pull out my large club and notice...It's black out.  Check my stats, I have 10 strength now.  10 vitality, 10 attunement, 10 end, 10 dex, 10 res, 10 int, 10 faith.  I was level 80, still am.  Well I got soul sucked and have to restart, already started the new toon and I just am not motivated to finish it anymore.  So that is a lot of time lost like usual, what is odd that for a hacker why didn't he have infinite health?  He had soul sucker sure, but he died in one hit so I'm not sure what that was about.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Tolvo wrote:This thread is for venting about stuff in game right?
    That's right. Let the frustration and hate flow. twisted

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU! - Page 6 AQq8ev7_460sa

As for what happened to you. Those kind of people, who change your stats, deserve a punch irl.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Tolvo wrote:This thread is for venting about stuff in game right?

Well I was just going through the Demon Ruins and I was going to suicide since I was still human, then I got invaded and decided to just fight anyway even though the toon I was on wasn't at its peak.  So I start the fight and get led into a TwoP, figure I'm dead then suddenly dark hand.  Lost a humanity all fine, I take out my pyro glove and great combust him to kill him in one hit and I bow.  Pull out my large club and notice...It's black out.  Check my stats, I have 10 strength now.  10 vitality, 10 attunement, 10 end, 10 dex, 10 res, 10 int, 10 faith.  I was level 80, still am.  Well I got soul sucked and have to restart, already started the new toon and I just am not motivated to finish it anymore.  So that is a lot of time lost like usual, what is odd that for a hacker why didn't he have infinite health?  He had soul sucker sure, but he died in one hit so I'm not sure what that was about.

WHAT! If i run into one of those guys i'll seriously tweak the *** out and drop kick my *** Tv. Here is a reenactment of said situation.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU! - Page 6 Memece11
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:58 pm

TooLeet wrote:
    Myztyrio wrote:I don't believe I've ever run into a PSN hacker, and if I have I was unable to identify it.

Dude, they're everywhere.
    How is it that I haven't come across a single one?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:05 pm

Did I just see Reim dropkick a TV? lol!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Sentiel wrote:Did I just see Reim dropkick a TV? lol!
    Reim unmasked: Behind the moustache
    MikailArksot
    MikailArksot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MikailArksot Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:52 pm

I can't count on my fingers how many times the boulders in Sen's Fortress have killed me when I was almost to the top. God, that makes me rage so hard.

But since this is for PvP, here's a story that made me flip out:

I was making a new build (I believe it was a Cleric) and I was in the Parish, going to fight the Gargoyles, so naturally, I summoned a phantom or two to help. Two Sunbros appeared and were ready. A couple of minutes later, I get invaded and so, we wait. We see this invader and the Sunbros go after him, only for the invader to respond by ninja flipping behind him and backstabbing him with a Lightning Rapier and a Hornet Ring. Rinse and repeat for the other Sunbro and me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:35 pm