Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Dark Soulls Uchigatana/Pyromancy build

iTWiX

Dark Soulls Uchigatana/Pyromancy build Empty Dark Soulls Uchigatana/Pyromancy build

Post by iTWiX Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:39 am

I made a Uchigatana Build with some Pyromancy Spells.
    I'm a new player so I'm not the best.
    My Question is:
    What should i do to make my build better and is my build good or bad?

Build Link: https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=486354312677570130 happy
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dark Soulls Uchigatana/Pyromancy build Empty Re: Dark Soulls Uchigatana/Pyromancy build

Post by AnCapaillMor Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:45 am

If you got 30 faith i dunno why you don't have Wraith of the gods, not pyro but a very handy spell to have. Iaito might be worth checking out, slightly lower damage than uchi but a lot of people swear by it's moveset.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dark Soulls Uchigatana/Pyromancy build Empty Re: Dark Soulls Uchigatana/Pyromancy build

Post by SirArchmage Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:54 am

Going into a battle with no poise is usually a death wish. Someone with a rapier can poke behind a shield and stunlock you to oblivion. So I would sacrifice either aesthetics or that Dark Wood Grain Ring to have more poise, and suggest looking up the wiki for more information on poise. It is best recommended to have as much poise damage as your own weapon can deal, unless you really know what you are doing.
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Poise

You don't need all that health, since you will be fast and dodging everything, so taking out those five points and putting them into dex will really help. In case you didn't know, there is a huge boost in casting time from 40 dex to 45 dex, enough that you can stunlock people with black flame or great combustion.

Why 16 strength? Nothing you use will benefit it.

Canvas Talisman will give you the highest faith adjustment at your level.

This is a faith build, so why not use more of your faith? I would lose the chaos fireball in exchange for Wrath of the Gods, a very useful miracle.

Otherwise, faith builds with katanas are pretty common, and even more common are pyro/dex builds with katanas. I would suggest either focusing on faith or pyromancy to get the best out of one and not parts of both. I would also suggest leaving any aesthetics out until you are more versed in PvP, as trading off effectiveness for looking cooler can cost you a lot in battle and shouldn't be done until you know you can take the trade off.

Keep the hat though. Logan hat is great.
    iTWiX

Post by iTWiX Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:13 am

Could somone change my Build? ^^ Like I said: I am a beginner and can't do ****.^^
     The only Pyromancy i really use is great Combustion. I would like to keep sunlightblade.
     I dont know what i should so to up my poise, because i can't use Wolf Ring, because i would like to keep ninja Flip.
    Pls?
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:26 am

iTWiX wrote:Could somone change my Build? ^^ Like I said: I am a beginner and can't do ****.^^
     The only Pyromancy i really use is great Combustion. I would like to keep sunlightblade.
     I dont know what i should so to up my poise, because i can't use Wolf Ring, because i would like to keep ninja Flip.
    Pls?
    http://mmdks.com/3270
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:30 am

45 Dex good for faster great combustion casting. Although i'd take 2 off the VIt for attunement for another spell and put in great chaos fireball, a manually thrown chaos fireball can be very effective at times.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:38 am

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=262596174243363040

Lower SL, which means lower leveled invaders/hosts, which means lower stats.

You can pair Power Within with a resin for your Uchi for a very high amount of damage output.

Put Pyro in off-hand so you don't have to reapply a buff each time you swap to use a pyromancy.

Otherwise it really isn't that bad at all.
    iTWiX

Post by iTWiX Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:47 am

Thank you Guys! I really appreciate it happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:46 pm