Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
ResIsBestStat
twigsterxd
Wilkinson3424
Dibsville
arshan272
9 posters

Dragon Magic

Poll

If this was in the game, would you play it?

[ 10 ]
    Dragon Magic - Page 2 I_vote_lcap67%Dragon Magic - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [67%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Dragon Magic - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Dragon Magic - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Dragon Magic - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Dragon Magic - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Dragon Magic - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Dragon Magic - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Dragon Magic - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Dragon Magic - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [6%] 

Total Votes: 15
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dragon Magic - Page 2 Empty Re: Dragon Magic

Post by Hue Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Skyrim already has a lot of the mechanics you posted, and it's very easy to break that game using them.

I vote for keeping current system: Sorcery=Seath Magic(a form of dragon magic), Fire Magic=???(possibly the daughters of chaos, or everlasting dragons, only other creatures seen using fire apart from demons and pyromancers), Miracles=God magic.
    And likely some other unique spells created by specific people (such as Vinheim, Dark and Oolacile sorceries, Carmina's pyromancies, and Havel's miracles)

It seems necromancy/summons don't really belong in Dark Souls world (even though i like Conjuration)

Other dragons seen using magic are the everlasting dragon, with those shapeshifting stones that seem to grant their users part of his power; and Kalameet, whose lore leads to believe that he could be more powerful than he is in gameplay.
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:23 pm

Hue wrote:Skyrim already has a lot of the mechanics you posted, and it's very easy to break that game using them.

I vote for keeping current system: Sorcery=Seath Magic(a form of dragon magic), Fire Magic=???(possibly the daughters of chaos, or everlasting dragons, only other creatures seen using fire apart from demons and pyromancers), Miracles=God magic.
    And likely some other unique spells created by specific people (such as Vinheim, Dark and Oolacile sorceries, Carmina's pyromancies, and Havel's miracles)

It seems necromancy/summons don't really belong in Dark Souls world (even though i like Conjuration)

Other dragons seen using magic are the everlasting dragon, with those shapeshifting stones that seem to grant their users part of his power; and Kalameet, whose lore leads to believe that he could be more powerful than he is in gameplay.

What does this have to do with Skyrim? More importantly, what does Dark Souls have to do with Skyrim?
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:34 pm

I'm finished working on my covenant! Here it is!
    Please don't kill me Sun 

Order of the Dragonsages.
    Covenant
    Requirements to join: Attunement of 25 or above.
    How to join: Either find an altar in the most Dragon-themed zone of DaS 2, or speak to the master sage NPC that sells the powerful Rituals (basically the equivalent of Logan, Rheah, or Quelana).
    Covenant Benefits: Upon joining, the player is given the “Summon Dragonspawn” Ritual, which can only be used while part of the covenant. Players also receive two items, a Black Dragonlink Stone, and a White Dragonlink Stone.
    Black Dragonlink Stone
    A chunk of the head of an Everlasting Dragon. Use to send a draconic summons to invade another world.
    The Everlasting Dragons all had the ability to summon and transport hordes of drake underlings from place to place. In the hands of a Sage, the effect is diminished, and somewhat incomplete.
    This item is used to send your current summon into the world of another random player. You can't summon something else while it's gone. Other Dragonsage members are put at the lowest priority, while traitors to/killers of the Dragonsages, or players with high faith, are put at the greatest priority. Despite this, any player can be chosen. When invaded by a summon, the host world cannot be invaded. The summon invades as a black phantom. It is considerably stronger, faster, and has more HP. It will actively seek out the host. It will attack a white phantom on sight, but the host is the priority. If the summon kills off the host, the souls and humanity (or equivalent) of the host are transferred back to the summoner. If the summon dies, the summoner loses half of their current souls and all humanity (or equivalent) to the host. The summon can follow the host into boss fights, and is only “dismissed” (as in no-one wins) if the host defeats the boss. There is no level limit for a summon, any player can be invaded.

White Dragonlink Stone
    A chunk of the head of an Everlasting Dragon. Use to send a draconic summons to aid a player in another world.
    The Everlasting Dragons all had the ability to summon and transport hordes of drake underlings from place to place. In the hands of a Sage, the effect is diminished, and somewhat incomplete.
    This item is used to send your current summon into the world of another random player as a dragon phantom. You can't summon something else while it's gone. Low-level players are put at greatest priority, while traitors to/killers of the Dragonsages, or players with high faith, are put at the lowest priority. Despite this, any player can be chosen. When a world with a free co-op slot is reached, the host will get a message: A Draconic Servant has been sent to aid you, do you accept? Yes/No. If Yes, the phantom dragon is summoned close-by. If no, it moves on to another available player. If a phantom is rejected four times, or if no players could be reached/are available, then the sage gets a “Unable to send Dragon Phantom” message. A summon in phantom form is considerably stronger, faster, and has more HP. It will actively seek out and protect the host, and will attack enemies that either get too close to the host or are damaging the host. It takes one quarter of the souls from all slain enemies and the boss. If the area boss is slain, it is sent back to the world with all accumulated souls. If the host dies, the summon dies and the host will gain all the souls the summon got in the span of time. If the summon dies, the summoner takes all the damage that the summon took, and loses 25% of their current souls. There is no level limit for a summon, any player can host one.

Summon Dragonspawn
    Foot-soldier of the Everlasting dragons, dragonspawn were called down in droves against the Gods. Because of the nature of their creation, time seems to have an unusual effect on them.
    Summons a dragonspawn to the player. Dragonspawn looks like a player after using the dragon stones in Dark Souls, but is more hunched over, has longer claws, and a much longer tail. It can keep up with the player easily. The spell, once the spawn is summoned, changes into a heal at the cost of player's HP. Over-drive is as standard procedure dictates, slower and more powerful.
    Claw attack: Deals physical damage, equivalent of a basic fist weapon.
    Heavy Claw: Same as above, but higher poise break.
    Tail whip: Very quick attack. Deals low damage, but has high poise break.
    Breath: Deals fire damage. Same as from DaS.
    Roar: A force effect that has high knockback.

Ranking Up in the Covenant
    For each and every victory with either Dragonlink Stone, the player goes up one rank.
    +1 is reached after 15 victories or 8 in a row. The damage, HP, and speed of a summon in Phantom forms are increased.
    +2 is reached after 40 victories or 16 victories in a row starting from +1. The player gets the Dragon's Eye, an orb that has very high magic adjust but locks your last two attunement slots while equipped. The damage, HP, and speed of a summon in Phantom forms are increased.
    +3 is reached after 65 victories or 20 victories in a row starting from +2. The damage, HP, and speed of a summon in Phantom forms are increased. The player gets the ritual Calamitous Weapon.
    Rewards are granted by covenant leaders or the altar as soon as you interact with either.

Calamitous Weapon
    This ritual imbues the right-hand weapon with the power of Calamity, a twisted branch of Dragon Magic.
    Buffs the weapon with Calamity. Black fire effects. The animation is that of the player aggressively clapping the orb and the weapon together above his head. There is a fiery flash, and when it clears, the weapon is buffed.
    The buff doubles all damage the weapon deals, but reduces the critical modifier by 25%. Each time the player successfully lands a hit they get damaged(like chaos blade).

There is no over-drive for this spell, instead, it changes once the weapon's been buffed. Use it again, the same animation plays, only it's not a flash anymore, it's a shockwave. The shockwave deals the damage that the buffed weapon's heavy attack would deal and reflects the aesthetics (if it's a fire weapon, the fire in the wave is red, if magic, it's blue, etc.). Size of WotG. The buff is gone, and greatly damages the weapon, probably breaking it or putting it at risk. Very low casts.

Last edited by arshan272 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:48 am

arshan272 wrote:
    Hue wrote:Skyrim already has a lot of the mechanics you posted, and it's very easy to break that game using them.

What does this have to do with Skyrim? More importantly, what does Dark Souls have to do with Skyrim?
    I was talking about the OP, it's a bit resemblant to how dragon magis is depicted in Skyrim.

Dark Souls would have to do something with Skyrim if this was implemented.
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Hue wrote:
    arshan272 wrote:

I was talking about the OP, it's a bit resemblant to how dragon magis is depicted in Skyrim.

Dark Souls would have to do something with Skyrim if this was implemented.

Dragon Magic . . . dragon magic . . . oh, I assume you mean shouts? Lets see . . .
    If the Dragonborn had to hold an orb to his mouth every time he shouted, if he could summon drakes with those shouts(which don't exist in the Elder Scrolls series), if there are any buffs other than Dragon Aspect, if there was no cooldown, and if he didn't even need to say any words at all, than maybe, just maybe, it would resemble this.
    drdrack
    Regular
    Regular

Post by drdrack Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:27 pm

arshan272 wrote:Reckless Curse
    There was once a clutch of Reckless Dragons. These dragons died off quickly in the Dragon War, but not before taking scores of the Gods' faithful with them.
    You deal double physical damage from all equipped weapons, and your attack/movement speed is increased by 10-25%.Your total poise is reduced by 50%, and the damage you take is increased by 50%. The visuals are of a burning everlasting dragon.Overdrive sends out large, fast fire orbs in random directions at the cost of 10-50 HP per orb.

Good, i like it thumbs up

But i would add to the backstory a little. Something like after taking these great and reckless dragon power, those who takes it were cursed and eventually went insane.

Something with a little twist, ya know. Because with great power...

Just to say something about skyrim from a person who spend too much time on skyrim. Vanilla skyrim isn't all that balance to begin with, sneak enchanting etc etc
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:34 pm

Dragon summons could be off-line only, for players who can't summon white phantoms?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:35 pm