Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Carphil
ublug
Kaksoppa
DarkW17
befowler
strangejoy
Yukon
Toastfacekillah
Tolvo
Brokewilly
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
reim0027
Unforseen
barecanvas
Forum Pirate
19 posters

The forest.

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The forest. - Page 3 Empty Re: The forest.

Post by Brokewilly Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:43 pm

strangejoy wrote:I think I might keep a short list of disconnecters (it's rare, but it makes crazy when it happens). When I see them again, I'll throw down a prism stone before the fight to let them know that I already defeated them. Then I'll black crystal out (I'm not sticking around for two DCs).

Yeah - a host DC'ing is about the lowest you can go. I have been running into situations in which I am able kill the host's phantoms and since the 2v1 was occuring far away from the stairs (where the summon sign is usally located) the host would suddenly break and run. Since I was hoping for good 1v1 after killing the phantom - I am pissed so I usually just BC out. Some of the hosts in the forest can be accurately placed in the coward category - they love an outnumbered situation but once the tide changes they are heading for the hills - simply ridiculous. And these type of hosts are the one's throwing prism stones down to mark kills and crazy emotes after killing you in 2v1 like they did something. I refuse to give the host the satisfaction of killing me during a 2nd round of 2v1.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Yeah DCs are just pathetic. I've only experienced 5-6, mostly on parry/riposte. But I had one where we killed the guy's two summons and rather than face the music he just DC'd. My solace is in the fact that the more they do it, the greater the odds they corrupt the savefile (and some reports indicate it can extend to all save files, so even bb glitching won't save them then).
    ciscovet

Post by ciscovet Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:49 pm

I'm definitely not a pro but last night I must of ran into a bunch of super noobs. I saw the summon phantom message so I ran down to the entrance and there were two dark trees by the gate but on the side next to the cliff which is a major no-no. So I walked up and hit fire tempest. Both took major hits and fell into the cliff. Felt good since the prior 9 times I got spammed 2vs1.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:55 pm

ted1023 wrote:
    Unforseen wrote:Hmm, i've noticed something, explain this forest logic. -Invader sees 2v1, rushes at them- -invader sees one guy, runs and hides all day-

Lol.. this is very true..

I have played host quite a bit in the forest and out of 30 invasion I will maybe get one invader that will go 1 on 1 even though they see me alone. Mostly what I have gotten are 2v1 sometimes 3v1 if a DW invades. It's funny cause it normally starts the same I get invaded I see them they approach me very carfully..I can understand that, but lately they have just rolled or ran away and waited till another invader showed up then all of a sudden they are super invaders charging and swinging while the other circles for the bs..lol Its sad on both sides but still fun..lol

Ted0123 - i agree with you in that forest covanent does have some cowards who are only looking for 2v1 to increase their odds of winning. This problem is really starting to nag me when I hear hunters acting like that - I have been debating on whether to create a new toon and become a Forest Darkwaith (got this idea from Strangejoy The forest. - Page 3 945058907 ) so I can start punishing hunters who don't want to fight. Ted0123 when you run across hunters doing stuff like this try your best to kill them with extreme prejudice (pivot BS, parries, chain BSs,etc) - this is the only reason I condone killing a fellow hunter. Cowardice or laziness has no place in the forest covanent - period! Alvina really frowns :evil: on hunters doing stuff like this.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:31 pm

It's not really clear to me what the standards on this are. I won't go out of my way to wait for another invader to back me up if the host is alone, and I have no problem with darkwraiths ganking forest cov members who are idle or obvious cowards. At the same time, I don't usually mind swarming a host, particularly if it is an obvious farmer. Half the time they are only alone because their summons just got killed at the cost of another forest cov member's death, or they are in the initial process of trying to get some. I don't think that means I have to give them a respectful 1v1. If they are just standing there and bow to me, sure. But if they are running in circles near the stairs obviously looking for signs I will just go straight in. It's our forest, we make the rules.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:38 pm

I don't think it is too difficult to spot someone waiting for a duel, and someone waiting for summons. Usually someone waiting for summons will just dodge around trying to waste time, for these people I keep the hornet's ring on. The moment I see a phantom Murakumo to their back usually for an instant kill.

I have tried that Broke, and sadly since I've kept Sif alive invading as a DW in the forest for me is completely impossible, I'm always being invaded which while fun just doesn't allow for it.

Also nice work Crisco!

I remember just a bit ago I invaded a guy who was waiting for a duel, so I ran up and bowed, it being dark and him being a bit away I couldn't see him all that well when as I was bowing I got hit with a dragonslayer. I hid behind a tree and equipped Hornet's, obviously this fight was going to be unfair. As I got close he started spamming WoG, then pyromancies. I just dodged them all and waited. He ran at me and swung a MLGS which I riposted instantly killing him and got some hate mail about how unfair of a kill that was, how I had no reason to be such a **** to him since he was doing 1v1 in the forest. I just messaged back, "I really did not appreciate that arrow to the face."

Remember people to not just defeat your enemy, but crush their morale.

I really have no idea what the point of that story was, I think I just felt like chatting haha.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Can't you just stay hollow and invade the forest as a DW that way? That's how I do it. The more annoying thing is that you always appear atop the stairs unless you run to another area of the forest before setting off your red eye orb. It's gank central.

My most recent favorite tale was going in as a forest cov, and facing a guy who also spammed WotG. He used it nine times. Nine! None of them were force, as he kept using them to kill mobs and other phantoms. He then switched - I kid you not - to a combo of BKGA and great combustions. After it all came to an end I had to go streaking for a while to get the stink off me, because just .... durrrr.
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:06 pm

When I'm in the forest and get invaded The first thing I do is bow where they can see me and try to do it where if they bow they don't feel like I'm too close to them also after the bow I eat blossom and then hold up my shield or sword. Sometimes the invader gets that this will be 1on1 and sometimes they don't. It just seems lately I have been getting more 1vs1 as an invader than I am as host..lol The tieds have changed some how. I still don't mind the 2v1 or the occationla 3v1 hell its what I expect from the forest..lol
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:16 pm

To Ted's point, I've recently invaded a surprisingly high number of solo hosts who don't appear to be ganking (maybe 30% of my recent invasions). I can respect the guys who come into the forest solo with their humanity on the line. On the other hand, like befowler said, I can't be sure that these aren't just farmers who lost their phantoms. I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt, although I can see where you wouldn't. Sometimes I regret it, as I did last night with the DC'ing tool who summoned multiple phantoms before pussing out on me.

On the whole, the forest atmosphere is still great, and the chaotic pvp scene is as fun as ever. I don't think I'll ever return to the kiln.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:31 pm

The Kiln seems to be camping central these days. Sad but true. Could it be that more effective forest cov defense has made forest farming less efficient to the point that it became easier to just gank the invaders in the kiln? Even if kiln invaders are likely to be highly skilled, they'll always appear in a predictable spot and a 3v1 also won't have to chase them far if they do get away. Yay forest cov?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:14 pm

It probably has nothing to do with us hammering them...But I will act as if it is the case!

So yeah, forest hunters are obviously the best PvP'ers ever! big grin

I'd say if anything it just has to do with wanting humanity from Dark Wraiths over souls from Forest Hunters.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:23 pm

My favorite experience as a hunter was finding a guy alone. I bowed, he bowed he approached and the lagged summon he must have done jumped in to fight for him. I dedicated a whole night to forest and had only a few hosts looking for duels. And of all these guys, all but one were Estus chuggers. As a Forest Hunter (currently) we've all had days like this but I definitely don't want to flip things needlessly. The one good duel I had another Hunter invaded and assumed I wanted to gang up on the guy. We were both banged up but wanted to end the fight clean. I backed off until that fight was over and we resumed. I would like to see more of that. However, if more than one person is coming at me....mushrooms, rolly cats, poison arrows, whatever it takes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:38 pm