Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
twigsterxd
twilightwarwolf
dooshka
GrinTwist
Animaaal
retro
lonewolf
Marino.
Jansports
wretchedsausage
Dibsville
PaPaSmVrf
16 posters

So about the Mega Mule...

PaPaSmVrf
    PaPaSmVrf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

So about the Mega Mule... Empty So about the Mega Mule...

Post by PaPaSmVrf Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:50 am

Fellow friends, hello again and hope you are all doing well, now down to business:

I use the Mega Mule.

now, before you say anything, please read on.

I have played and beat the story multiple times, both disc and DLC. I enjoy jolly co-op, invasions, general PvP, more then any other aspect of the game (well, besides lore, that's always up there). I never used the BB glitch, and I will admit that I did not like that others used it, but after seeing the MM, I could not help myself.

Some may think this ruins the game, and I agree it does, but only if you are playing for reasons other then PvP. With this glitch/hack/crap, whatever you want to call it, I have been able to make the builds I only dreamed of, and use them against my fellow PvP'ers.

In no way, shape, or form have I used this as a means to torture the weak, or punish the strong with tactics some deem "un-honorable", but have used this as a way to expand my creativity. Never have I thought of being able to invade as Xanthous King Jeremiah in the Painted world and fight to protect Priscilla. Defend the forest as a true stone knight. Fight on the rafters of the Anor Londo church as a Painting Guardian. So on, and so forth....

I guess all I am trying to say is, with great power, comes great responsibility. Some may view this as broken, a means of cheating, and see those who use the MM as cruel to those only trying to enjoy the game. While some of you will hopefully agree with me, seeing this as an opportunity to try new things, save some time, and immerse yourself into the PvP of DkS. Agree or Disagree, whatever your choice, this forum has been my second home, and I enjoy all of your company. No other community is this amazing, and most likely there will never be a match.

share your thoughts about the MM, sorry for the long read, and Praise the Sun!

Praise the SunPraise the SunPraise the Sun
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

So about the Mega Mule... Empty Re: So about the Mega Mule...

Post by Dibsville Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:19 am

Honestly, I see MM as perfectly fine. While I don't use it myself, I can see why people love it so much. In terms of "Making a quick build and using it", it checks out alright to me. What I hate about MM is the fact that it boosted griefers. On top of that, the amount of giftwraiths and giftbros has increased dramatically, and it's game ruining. While I'll happily accept one if I get one, I never use it. And I can't even summon people anymore without having to spend 10 seconds looking at their hair to try to decide whether they're going to drop me something that I don't want.

If I remember correctly, it gives you all the tools you need for upgrading. So upgrade you should. If you're going to invade in the Parish, make some +5 weapons. If you're going to invade in Sen's, make some damn +10 weapons.

I don't see it as "un-honourable". But then again, look at it from a different perspective. YOU are using it for the right purposes, to have fun and experiment with PvP. OTHER PEOPLE are using it to invade new people and ruin their characters, or be summoned and ruin a new person's experience for one of the hardest games ever.

It's a great idea, but definitely never using it. While I don't support it, I don't not support it. I'm pretty neutral on the idea.
    wretchedsausage
    wretchedsausage
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by wretchedsausage Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:37 am

Pretty much everything Dibs just said. I have not personally used it, and I take pride in creating all of my builds from scratch. in the other hand, I understand that others may not feel the same way, and I feel that it is perfectly reasonable to use as long as you not doing it to be a ****.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:06 am

I wont use MM because it involves data moving from the internet into my HD which I just don't like. But I did use the BB when it was around.

I've clocked a good 25 hours making a certain build. That's active in Ng+ areas. That's only 2 copies of spells (when I could use a third honestly and will probably move on to Ng++ when I have more free time) But I have 6 Chaos Weapons I farmed slabs for. Thankfully a friend dropped me some Normal slabs so the 7 pieces of regular upgrade armor and 5 twinkle pieces I rotate around weren't stressing. But I did farm 4 red slabs and 3 White slabs 2 regulars, and hit the abyss for my 99 banked and 99 inventory Manatee.  Besides the more serious manatee and certain slab farming (blue....oh god blue) I enjoy the act of simply playing some PvE between my PvP experiences so I don't mind so much making builds from scratch. But I will typically ask a friend for a few slabs here and there because it can get tiring.

The ability to enjoy PvP Without that kind of investment (and it's not like I wasted a bunch of time, I just farmed and killed bosses in my way) Is wonderful. Anyone using MM for a first or even second playthrough is only ruining their own game. And the Giftwraiths/Bros would be a welcome help to most vets, and a neat surprise for new players. It's not like a new player can even start to use those 92 slabs until after kellogs is dead. And anyone who would use a pre upgraded weapon dropped for them on their first run is making a choice to make their game easier. So it's not as if anyone can even use the MM to Forceably ruin anyone else's experience.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:18 am

Well, it was always like this in Souls games. 
    In Demons you could dupe Items so with the right connections you could have everything you want in one summoning Session with a Friend, in Darks we had the BB and now we have MM . 

It's all the same sh!t .
    You need to decide yourself wether or not you want to ruin your PVE experience to favor your PVP experience .

These days i just use a Trainer to multiply my upgrade Materials so that when i find one Slab i can have 99 instantly, i only do this for my pure PVP characters though, for my Covenant Characters for example i'm not using anything since that would spoil my fun .

You can even hunt low level Players with MM Weapons for all i care, there are legit low level DWs that got Lightning Weapons  and upgraded Armor and Rings etc, MM just speeds up the process .
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:44 pm

making a build fast is not looked down upon in my eyes but if it is used to get 99 in every stat at lever 10 i WILL.
    So about the Mega Mule... Then_i10
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:08 pm

lonewolf wrote:making a build fast is not looked down upon in my eyes but if it is used to get 99 in every stat at lever 10 i WILL.
    That's not possible with the mega mule. The mega mule comes with:
    -Max souls (999,999,999)  
    -All gear max upgraded (in most upgrade paths)
    -99 of most items (in some cases impossible duplicates, like two stacks of 99 humanity in your inventory at once)
    -All bonfires are warpable from the start
    -5 copies of most spells

The mega mule doesn't have:
    -hacked gear
    -impossible stat leveling
    -a stockpile of divine blessings or mushrooms

It allows for fast build making, but also has huge potential for being abused by twinks. Running through the game to get end-game gear at a low level isn't very hard, but most twinks would never get to NG+4 at a low level to get 5 copies of a given spell.

The mega mule brings big pros and cons for Gravelording:
    --The pro is that since it comes with 99 Eyes of Death and warpable bonfires from the start, you can access essentially all game areas while keeping bosses alive. No longer is your playthrough restricted to only gravelord in a few areas with optional bosses, or have a playthrough where the progress is halted to keep certain areas open.
    --The con is that with people using the mega mule, there's little incentive to go into NG+ or higher to get copies of spells. The more people you have using the mega mule, the less potential victims you have. I really wish the mega mule started the player off in NG+ for this reason.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:16 pm

I don't see how anyone could disapprove of using it for making pvp builds.  However, it almost spoiled a friend of mine...

So I got my buddy into Dark Souls right?  A couple weeks after he started playing, he met this dude from Germany, and he gave him ALL KIIIIIINDS of stuff.  So of course my buddy is thinking he's Mr. Armageddon of Dark Souls.  rolling eyes  Not hating on my buddy, just saying.

So my ps3 dies and I am away from the game for about 4-5 months.  I finally get back on and we start playing again (I was addicted to playing with my Wii...that's right....cool).  So what's the first thing he wants to do?!?!  You guessed it, he wants to stagger level characters to pass down gear. Look Skyward

I help him with a couple trades and then say, "No dude.  I'm not wasting my time with this.  I don't need the crap I can get it myself, and I'd much rather just play than sit around for an hour passing gear okay?"  He quickly realizes that this game is harder than he thought, and simply having a mentor to play with IS easy mode.

I made him a +5 heater shield, a +5 divine sword, and some +5 chain armor. I also gave him about 10 humanity, some purple mosses, etcetcetc.  I figured that was good enough.

He's / we've been having a blast ever since.  He's addicted to mugen and planning his builds properly now. Joy
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Admittedly I've used it for a few of my PVP builds so far however if I want to do a PVE challenge I just delete one of the characters and do whatever I want with the PVE challenge.
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:27 pm

tried adding stuff to my character once it ended in pain and misery
    dooshka
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by dooshka Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:48 pm

It might sound dumb, but what is MM?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:49 pm

dooshka wrote:It might sound dumb, but what is MM?
    Mega Mule.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:31 pm

Honestly i LOVE MM, though ive never done it myself ive gotten the goods from others because of it so take it as you will. Now lets put somethings in perspective in general i only use builds for pvp, i get griefers almost everytime i start a new build, and ive been at this game since the beginning. I dont know about anyone else but if i do get MM give me stuff on a low level and make that build when i play DkS and make another from scratch it reminds me how fun DkS is/was. Now i also dont get them all the time so i cherish every time i get someone to give a load of crap at low levels. And getting my stuff fast allows me to really jump in and do what i wanted. Of course there are cons, i do use them but after a bit i realize i dont use them as often as the ones id made by hand and makes the game too easy ( though somedays thats ok). To be honest the way i see them is like this having them every once in awhile is ok but all the time is a no imo.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:37 pm

I've said it before and i'll agree with smurf. MM is not as bad as some people think. I have it on my offline acct. But, I do have 5 toons on my online with it. Those 5 are for trading purposes. If any of my psn buds need something, i'll give. People have told me I ruin their game by having it but I still stand at I ruin nothing cause I don't invade. If you invade me, tough. In my opinion, an invader ruins my game by coming to my world. If i'm gifting a friend, not my fault if you get beat down lol. I don't pve an MM toon on my online acct. I've beaten game, MM makes it easier but now I can do a low level run solo.
    Since I wasn't around when bb was, I'm lovin MM big grin
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:09 am

Hi,

my name is walter, and i use MM big grin

Yes, i'm afraid MM could be used as a base for further hacks.
    No i'm not a twink. I only invade past Sens at SL 55 minimum, but in AL i go with everything (O&S Defence Force).
    Yes, i hate do dogde 5x all those spells....done that several times, but it's really hard. That's the only difference to BB glitch and Dragon Glitch in regard to twinks/low level griefer.
    Yes, i spoil new players, but only those who ask for, i give them the choice. And i NEVER spoil new player, who havent made a friend request and asked me there to help them with PvE after we played a bit together.
    I haven't done much coop in the last month, cause in 2 out of 3 cases i bc out from ganker i don't want to help.

Low level griefer and giftwraith or whites that give good weapon have been there always and wont go away. Adapt and play that game. I got a legal sl 20 in ng+ standing in burg waiting for them with taurus alive, thats a good place for much humantiy and souls twisted

Now i dupe everything in demons souls and use MM in dark - i want PvP right now, without spending too much time in pve.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:08 am

retro wrote:
    It allows for fast build making, but also has huge potential for being abused by twinks. Running through the game to get end-game gear at a low level isn't very hard, but most twinks would never get to NG+4 at a low level to get 5 copies of a given spell.
    this is what I hate most.:

I want to summon a friend against a boss and all I have to deal with is with such darkbead spammer, that invade me.
    I really wished From would patch this possibility! Or simply check for MM abuse (by checking whether they really made it to ng+4 at this low level) and then in case, prevent those toons from using their online playing items!big grin

retro wrote:
    lonewolf wrote:making a build fast is not looked down upon in my eyes but if it is used to get 99 in every stat at lever 10 i WILL.
    That's not possible with the mega mule. The mega mule comes with:
    -Max souls (999,999,999)  
    Is this really not possible?

I have heared that this is possible indeed! Making a sl1 toon with every stat put to 99.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:41 am

The people who have 99 in every Stat are using save editors,

Hackers where on Ps3 for a longtime way before the MM came out, they was just rare

the MM just made it easier for morons with very little knowledge to hack the save edits and make these toons.

I MM i openly MM and i will not be condemned by a single one of you for using it
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:09 am

if its legit then i have no bad beans with you.
    but if you sudenly use sunlight spear and dmb combo i will be angry
    Lacedaemon

Post by Lacedaemon Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:42 am

I'm on the side that approves of Mega Mule. I personally played through the game many, many times and already had hundreds of hours of PvP under my belt before MM came out. So I have no qualms about saying I use it, there's nothing wrong with it in the first place and for those of you who complain about them having 5x stacks of a certain spell, lrn2dodgenub. But in all seriousness if you can't dodge some dark bead or WoG or even Great Combustion/Black Flame spam you need work on your PvP game anyway. And then those of you who say it ruins new players experience, I can agree for the most part on that. I would've hated not feeling the rush of beating bosses for the first time with my own hard work. Something I also believe is, why should you care? It's not your experience, let them ruin it. It's not the end of the world if a newbie doesn't get to experience the elation that this game can bring out (although they don't know what they're missing). Now stat editing, as has previously been mentioned already, is a different story. That has nothing to do with mega mule, and the people who do that are very rare. Of course when they do come around they are quite annoying, but you can just block them and move on.

So basically all I'm saying is you have two choices:
    1. Use it.
    2. Don't.
    It's no big deal, it's your game do what you want with it.
    retro
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by retro Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:40 pm

Micha369 wrote:Is this really not possible?

I have heared that this is possible indeed! Making a sl1 toon with every stat put to 99.
    It's not possible. Cheating like that was made easier because of the existence of the mega mule file, but it's not possible with the mega mule file as-is.

Leveling up in-game still works the same, you just have a lot of souls starting off. You can't put a point into a stat without increasing your level.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:27 pm

I'll say the same thing I've said in another thread about MM. For those who know NOTHING about it, get it, try it, then delete it if you don't want it. Until you have USED MM, you can't complain about it. It's no different than people who used to use Gameshark or Action Replay for the older consoles. The only difference is playing online. If you don't like people using it, don't comment or complain about it. And if that doesn't work, PLAY OFFLINE.

MegaMule is NOT a hacked file that gives you unlimited health, strength, stamina etc. It is no different than having a mule on Demon Souls except for the spells and miracles. At sl1, you do NOT have an unlimited supply of pursuers. You can ONLY get 1 pursuers because an sl1 has 2 or 3 magic slots. To get 99 int, 99 vit, 99 of everything else, you HAVE TO spend souls like any other normal upgrade. Getting 99 int on a toon with MM, gives you an sl 100 toon, NOT sl 1.

This is getting a little ridiculous. Same topic as all the other dozen or so topics about MM and we get no where AGAIN.

Like I said, if you know NOTHING about MM, then either get it, or stop complaining about it.

@retro and Lace - No matter what either of you or I say about MM, there's gonna be a bunch of people with a counter argument. My suggestion is to just let this thread die like the others, and wait another month and someone will start another one that we will end up discussing since no one ever uses the search button before making a new post about an old subject.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:54 am

twigsterxd wrote:Like I said, if you know NOTHING about MM, then either get it, or stop complaining about it.

@retro and Lace - No matter what either of you or I say about MM, there's gonna be a bunch of people with a counter argument. My suggestion is to just let this thread die like the others, and wait another month and someone will start another one that we will end up discussing since no one ever uses the search button before making a new post about an old subject.
    You are right!

Best wishes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:54 pm