Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Kyubi-Nick
WyrmHero
User
FexDS
ViralEnsign_
ChizFreak
10 posters

The Truth about the Dark Soul, Kirk, Online system and other details

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

The Truth about the Dark Soul, Kirk, Online system and other details Empty The Truth about the Dark Soul, Kirk, Online system and other details

Post by ChizFreak Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Spoiler alert.
    Here are some things I KNOW they are true. They are not theories, they are facts.

Kirk, it's from the Chaos Covenant. He invades people to gather humanity for her lady.

The truth about the Pygmy: he is our ancestor:

"It found the Lord Soul and humanity is like a
    fragment of it. Kinda like an ancestor, so the descendants have a part
    of that soul."
    This means that we (the undead/humans) have a part of the Dark Soul, which I personally believe it's the Dark Sign we all carry around.

There is no connection between Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. Every similarity it's a an (intended) coincidence.

The lack of story at some points, it's mainly because the developers wanted the player to fill that holes in the plot. That's why there is so much info about the background of the game (item descriptions for exmaple), they gave all that background info to "feed" the player's imagination.

The damage that the Dung Pie's Intoxication causes, it weaker than the damage than the Blowdarters' intoxication causes, so you can intoxicate yourself with dung pie and go kill them, and you will not be intoxicated again.

The great eyes of the Basilisks are fake, they have tiny eyes draw under the big ones.

If you manage to let Solaire live to the end of the game and summon him to defeat Gwyn, he will link the fire in his own world.

When an NPC invades your world, they appear as a Red Phantom, this doesn't mean they are Darkwraiths (see kirk).

The system the games uses it's P2P as we all know. But it takes some time to optimize itself to find signs for you. So it's better to stay in an area and wait there to find signs. Every time you move to another area the system starts optimizing itself for that area, so stay put.

The fact that you're from WoW/WoS or Princess Guard, doesn't mean you will get more easily matched with members of the same covenant, it's just adds a variant to the system, and the system will most likely (not always) match guys with the same variants (such as level). Same with Miracle resonances rings.

The developers didn't had plans for DLC but they wanted to release one, so it's possible.

Dark Souls' development started way before the huge commercial success of Demon's Souls started.

Ending: All this info has been gathered from an interview to the director/producer of Dark Souls: Miyazaki Hidetaka. And no, he never talked about the pendant.

Source:
    Original Japanese interview: http://www.gamers1.jp/colweb/radio/2011/111215/111215.php

Translated version:
    http://pastebin.com/4axrD3nW
    http://pastebin.com/B2MYxP5Z
    http://pastebin.com/hVXqsHvw

Last edited by ChizFreak on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

The Truth about the Dark Soul, Kirk, Online system and other details Empty Re: The Truth about the Dark Soul, Kirk, Online system and other details

Post by ChizFreak Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:47 pm

Can a mod move this to The Archives? I didn't realize I post it in General.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

The Truth about the Dark Soul, Kirk, Online system and other details Empty Re: The Truth about the Dark Soul, Kirk, Online system and other details

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:55 pm

How do you know Solaire Links the Fire in his World. And why can't he link the fire in your world he has nothing to live for at that point anyway?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:07 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:How do you know Solaire Links the Fire in his World. And why can't he link the fire in your world he has nothing to live for at that point anyway?

Did you read all my post? The director himself said it. It's that way.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:11 pm

Sorry man must have skipped over it somehow. Interesting though. What could be the significance of Solaire Linking the Fire I wonder?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:59 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Sorry man must have skipped over it somehow. Interesting though. What could be the significance of Solaire Linking the Fire I wonder?

Maybe it has to do something with that theory about we had about the brazers lit in Firelink Altar.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:05 pm

Good call.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:45 pm

Moved to the archives big grin
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:05 pm

Ok, so I was right for most of the things... although I never noticed the toxification of the Dung Pies, although I recognize the different levels of toxic (the Blow-darters are more deadly than the bloated hollows of the painted world, that is what I noticed).

If I remember correctly, I think that someone had pointed that out on the forum, the old one, about the baslikisks and the eye difference. Although due to the spams of the wiki forum, I don't think I can really prove that.

I feel confident with myself. Nothing has changed thus far. just clarification of the Developer's part just seemingly makes me, well, good.

I think the only thing that I had doubts with was Solaire, as he was a phantom of a different time 9and possibly space) in which helps you defeat Gwyn. I would think that once lit the flame would be non-accessible to Solaire, but... hm. Well, this does help me in some form at least. Thanks for the find, Chiz. I found this useful at the very least. Nice find.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:13 pm

These guys are complete trolls. They dont even talk about the pendant. I think Ill go hollow. Thanks Chiz, Im reading it and hope to come up with something new.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Chiz where are part 1 and 4?
    Kyubi-Nick
    Kyubi-Nick
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Kyubi-Nick Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:58 pm

wrote: (I): The characters like the fire breathing dogs are cute, and that dog is moving the elevator
    (P): yes he is spinning the elevator
    (M): eh?
    (I): That gondola like water wheel
    (M): What, really?
    (I): Its powered by the dog

I seriously ran to Blighttown just to check that out. One of them really is moving the wheel-lift-thing!
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:08 pm

You did not notice that? Sometimes you can see that, but sometimes the dog is not see able due to a glitch. The wheel will move without the dog at times, though.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:20 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Chiz where are part 1 and 4?

I don't know, I didn't find them, but I think that those parts didn't talk about Dark Souls so that's why the guy didn't translated them.
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:50 pm

The thing about the basilisk eyes can be seen in the art book that comes with the collector's edition. I'd love to think that there are other clues hidden in the book, but I'm sure the characters we don't run into are just ones that never made it into game assets. I do find it strange about the female gargoyle-
    http://kotaku.com/5832821/only-at-gamescom-would-nsfw-dark-souls-bodypainting-exist/gallery/1 (slightly NSFW?)
    She's in the artbook and the face of a marketing campaign, but not in the game?The Truth about the Dark Soul, Kirk, Online system and other details Photo13
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:48 pm

There are a couple others not in the book as well like the fat official dude on the boar.
    SolracSeis
    SolracSeis

Post by SolracSeis Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:32 am

@ChizFreak
    of that soul."

Based on Quote: I would think that Humanity is the part of the Dark Soul we all Carry. Not the Dark Sign. I mean it says it right there, 'humanity is like a fragment of it'
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:40 am

SolracSeis wrote:@ChizFreak
    of that soul."

Based on Quote: I would think that Humanity is the part of the Dark Soul we all Carry. Not the Dark Sign. I mean it says it right there, 'humanity is like a fragment of it'

I think he means Humanity as of Humans, not as of the consumable item humanity (which I too believe it's related to the Dark Soul). Anyway I still believe that the Dark Sign it's a part of the Dark Soul the pygmy found.
    steal_yer_bike

Post by steal_yer_bike Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:33 pm

Kirk's armor describes him as a dark wraith though...
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:18 pm

steal_yer_bike wrote:Kirk's armor describes him as a dark wraith though...

he was a darkwriath at first. he uses his darkwraith powers to collect humanity for the chaos servant leader.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:02 pm