Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
ResIsBestStat
CakeThiefPro
Serious_Much
SadPanda
Reaperfan
Alphary
10 posters

Geography Dark Soul and Demon's Soul

Alphary

Geography Dark Soul and Demon's Soul Empty Geography Dark Soul and Demon's Soul

Post by Alphary Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Hello.
    Do you know the geographic location of Astor and Karim - west, east, north, south? Thanks in advance, I'm sorry for my English happy
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Geography Dark Soul and Demon's Soul Empty Re: Geography Dark Soul and Demon's Soul

Post by Reaperfan Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:13 pm

Since this is still about Dark Souls, you could put it in one of the main sections instead of off-topic. Probably the archives since the topic is about the world and figuring things out.

Though I think it's safe to say that nobody knows where the other countries are in relation to Lordran. The best I can think of to narrow anything down is "probably not North" because that's where the Asylum is, though there's nothing stopping any of those lands from simply being farther north than the Asylum.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Geography Dark Soul and Demon's Soul Empty Re: Geography Dark Soul and Demon's Soul

Post by SadPanda Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Lordran is in my opinion, Old Ages England. Carim to the East is like Russia and such, and Far East is like Japan/China. Jubilant Catarinas don't have any locale description. Delta Farmer I would assume as Northern Africa (Egypt, Syria, etc.), since that is also where some of the best farmland in the world is. Dragon Scholars could be North America or Northern Europe. Astora is most likely England as well. Thorolund and Zena could be North America, and Berenike is most likely Scotland/Ireland.

I'll try to make a quick map.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:27 pm

Warning: It's pretty big.
    Spoiler:
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:30 pm

SadPanda wrote:Warning: It's pretty big.
    Spoiler:
    Lol, carim is russia. At least whoever made that has a sense of humour silly

This is a lore question so I'm putting this in the archives, please use the appropriate sections in the future happy
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:34 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    SadPanda wrote:Warning: It's pretty big.
    Spoiler:
    Lol, carim is russia. At least whoever made that has a sense of humour silly

This is a lore question so I'm putting this in the archives, please use the appropriate sections in the future happy
    I made it Prostration 
    Alphary

Post by Alphary Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:48 pm

фSerious_Much wrote:Lol, carim is russia. At least whoever made that has a sense of humour silly

Ok happy 

There was a theory that Karim geographically belongs to the Astora.
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:14 am

I think there's a hair style/hair colour that says "belongs to/commonly found in" N. Catarina so it's possible Catarina is split in two (not sure how important that is but yeh)

Also correct me if I'm wrong but is there any evidence that the Undead Asylum is in Lordran? The opening says "and in this land the undead are" and then when you leave it says "maketh pilgrimage to the land of ancient lords" implying that you weren't originally in Lordran and only arrive there once you reach fire link.

I don't know who made the Asylum because I always got the feeling in Thorolund they simply killed undead on their hunts. Astora and Catarina don't seem to have a problem with undead at all so my best guess would be Carim considering the rumours behind the bite rings and the idea Earl Arstor may have performed experiments on undead at the Asylum. Also Oswald is from Carim and recruited by Velka. The key to the painted world is available almost precisely as Oswald arrives in Lordran which is the same key that exposes the truth about the gods paranoia of anything that might potentially harm them including Velka herself. Carim may be one of the few lands still on good terms with Velka and the rusted iron ring states it was used to "shackle the guilty" which sounds a lot like Velka was behind who was sent to the Asylum for being guilty since Oswald sells you the book of the guilty not Gwyndolin who only cares about finding a chosen undead. Finally it is the crow that shows you the way to the key which many people speculate is a servant of Velka or Velka in disguise. This is all massive speculation but Carim could potentially be in the North...
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:38 am

CakeThiefPro wrote:

Also correct me if I'm wrong but is there any evidence that the Undead Asylum is in Lordran? The opening says "and in this land the undead are" and then when you leave it says "maketh pilgrimage to the land of ancient lords" implying that you weren't originally in Lordran and only arrive there once you reach fire link.
    Maybe it's the Isle of wight? silly

Geography Dark Soul and Demon's Soul Ferry_routes_01
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:39 am

Serious_Much wrote:
    CakeThiefPro wrote:

Airport of Wight.

Snuggly is best pilot.
    PierreSBK71
    PierreSBK71

Post by PierreSBK71 Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:45 am

Uhm...Guys.

Related to Catarina's location....how about Old Germany? Siegmeyer and Sieglinde are obvious german names.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:06 am

PierreSBK71 wrote:Uhm...Guys.

Related to Catarina's location....how about Old Germany? Siegmeyer and Sieglinde are obvious german names.
    I think people generally think that catarina people are from africa because on the character creation, the 'jubilant catarina' is black... Totally not racially profiling at all there silly

To me though I think seigmeyer is basically a lord of catarina- he's analogous to the people from the empires of the European nations who placed themselves at the top of the cultures in the empire territories
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:19 am

Serious_Much wrote:
    CakeThiefPro wrote:

And London sounds like Lordran- Coincidence? I THINK NOT! silly
    Alphary

Post by Alphary Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:37 pm

Astora like France or England, Karim is similar to the north.

Last edited by Alphary on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:44 pm

This really seems to be mostly guesses, not really based off anything. I've always considered it long before the continents formed as they are. If even on Earth or in this universe, I'm sure it would still be unrecognizable.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:57 am

Well, while this doesn't necessarily answer the question of geography, as the Dark world doesn't necessarily mirror our own geographically, I do have several theories about what regions, nations and cultures parts of it mirror.
    Astora-England/France or both
    Carim-Either Russia or near the Meditteranean (the collection of weapons from Carim that come from non-European regions)
    Thorolund-either Germany, Romania, or Italy.
    Balder and Berenike-northern European countries roughly in the middle regarding east-to-west, such as Switzerland, Austria and Czechoslovakia.
    Catarina-the regions south of the areas Balder and Berenike mirro-central Europe
    Great Swamp-Spain
    Far East-Asia, collectively.
    Xena-?
    Lordran-Either Scotland, Ireland, Denmark or perhaps even Iceland.
    homelessguy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by homelessguy Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:16 pm

if prince riccard is from astora then his weapon says he went north meaning astora is south from lordran

I always thought due to the church and way of white being main human religion and symbol of the lords power I thought it be close to lordran (it always be easy for allfather Lloyd to see his family)

as far as carim goes I think it be near astora and they be like rival states (everyone from team astora is very nice and only does there best to help Oscar Andre fire keeper and sunbro) while everyone from team C is shady Lautrec, fina, velka, sinbro (forgot his name)  Chester and the earl to give example

as far as balder go I would say close to lordran as well as there troops as of the most common in game (I think black iron Norris and his crew are ultra unit of balder)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:42 pm