Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
TheMeInTeam
Conrack
Raikan007
7 posters

What do you think is harder? Playing online or offline?

Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

What do you think is harder? Playing online or offline? Empty What do you think is harder? Playing online or offline?

Post by Raikan007 Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:57 am

I have only ever played DS offline, who here thinks its harder or is it better playing online? I am considering setting up wireless at home and wanted your thoughts?

What are the pro's and con's?

thanks guys
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

What do you think is harder? Playing online or offline? Empty Re: What do you think is harder? Playing online or offline?

Post by Conrack Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:06 am

Online, because of the risk of invasions, and when you fight a boss with phantoms it will have more heath.

Pro's: Summoning, Invading, world messages, shadows of other players around you (give you the feeling your not struggling alone), Resonance rings. There are more but I can't think of them at the moment.

Con's: Invaded by Black Red phantom/blue phantom/Gravelord (all too rare sadly), unhelpful world messages, If you are disconnected from server/online you are kicked back to the menu (always seems to happen at the worst of times).

Last edited by Conrack on Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

What do you think is harder? Playing online or offline? Empty Re: What do you think is harder? Playing online or offline?

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:09 am

Online tends to be easier if you summon decent help. The "invasion" risk is only there if you are high enough level, don't have 2 good phantoms, and don't just head straight to the boss. I've been invaded with terrible gear more than one time where I simply ran to the end; not much they can do (and I've had it happen to me often enough as an invader).

Offline you can summon NPC phantoms for the first half of the game, but eventually you get fights like 4 kings and Witch Beatrice won't carry you through that one, in fact she's often a hindrance because that battle is a dps race. Summoned phantoms might actually do enough damage to make up for the extra hp.
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:13 am

summoned phantoms meaning one of you guys in essence?

ok cool! yeah, that is one thing I want to try and avoid, gankers (read a lot of bad things here) others are very helpful though!

but I feel that deters one from the actual experience in my eyes..

you are say in Anor Londo, and you make it through etc and just before entering to fight O&S you get invaded and most likely die

or someone drops like 1m souls and or 100 twinkling titanate etc...

or am I wrong?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:33 pm

Online solo is obviously harder.

Offline coop (NPCs) or online coop in a low traffic area is the easiest you can get
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:54 pm

offline is harder. the only significant difference is interaction with other players.

Statistically, if you're trying to just go through the game, you'll summon WAY more friendly phantoms to help you than you'll be invaded by hostile phantoms.

Online is easier.
    Gollumseverywhere
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Gollumseverywhere Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:07 pm

Online is soo much easier. Im mostly unable to play online the one time i did i was able to beat the game from beginning to end in a day.. Offline took me several weeks because i was having a difficult time at 4 kings and Nito who basically overwhelmed with sheer number of enemies/beatrice failing epically both times were NG
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:28 pm

I don't think you can measure which one is harder because the difficulty is inconsistent online. I think the best way you could approach it is by thinking invasions are some kind of random generator number, or a dice throw where the higher the number, the higher the difficulty of the invader. Same can be applied to phantoms that help you with a higher number, the easier the game gets.

BTW I've heard that bosses get a health boost if you co op. Does this apply to both human and CPU phantoms?
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:23 am

so offline using the games NPC's like Sunbro and Beatrice etc you think is harder?

I am going to be setting up wifi at home and going to be giving it a whirl in the next few weeks.. will see what happens happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:13 pm