Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
e82
Bcc17
Veradox
Capricorn77
8 posters

Be human while playing offline possible???

Capricorn77

Be human while playing offline possible??? Empty Be human while playing offline possible???

Post by Capricorn77 Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:15 am

Hi,
    Does anyone know if the PC version allows me to play as a human (not hollowed) but still be offline?
    Similar to how my PS3 allows me to play without connected to the Internet...

Every time I load up the PC version, I am required to log in to games for windows live. Otherwise, it states my game won't be saved.

Any advice/suggestions on a work around would be greatly appreciated!
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Be human while playing offline possible??? Empty Re: Be human while playing offline possible???

Post by Veradox Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:38 am

Before I bought the legit version of DkS, I downloaded a cracked version to try the game. It worked offline and saved progress. I never tried to synchronize the "cracked" saves with the legit game. I just wonder - why would you want to do that? You always can go Human - do the stuff you want - and then go jump off a cliff to get back your hollow status. Before starting PVP, I ran Human only to lure out Kirk and Maneater, and then quickly died...
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Be human while playing offline possible??? Empty Re: Be human while playing offline possible???

Post by Bcc17 Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:35 am

Capricorn77 wrote:Hi,
    Does anyone know if the PC version allows me to play as a human (not hollowed) but still be offline?
    Similar to how my PS3 allows me to play without connected to the Internet...

Every time I load up the PC version, I am required to log in to games for windows live. Otherwise, it states my game won't be saved.

Any advice/suggestions on a work around would be greatly appreciated!

Unplug your router?
    e82
    Casual
    Casual

Post by e82 Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:47 am

The message at the start of the game is weird, as if you are playing online - disconnect, it will start you in offline mode and you can progress/save your game fine.
    Drascoll
    Drascoll

Post by Drascoll Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:26 am

Turn on Steam's Off line mode and then play Dark Souls. Easy.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3160-AGCB-2555
    Wrenchfarm
    Wrenchfarm

Post by Wrenchfarm Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:49 am

Yup, you can play offline NP. Live went down the other day and could progress through the game normally, everything I did was saved properly.

Too bad I was on my Sunbro looking for co-op action sad
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:15 pm

Just log in with your profile, but don't log in GFWL. At the start, it asks you to select a profile, then it asks you to confirm your online data (email and password), that's where you can cancel and then you can still play while being offline. YOU MUST select a profile, otherwise the game won't save progress.
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:49 pm

why so much problem?! just select sign out on the GFWL center and return playing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 pm