Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Sentiel
DigitaLinsanitY
Walter_White
Animaaal
crbngville2
jimmyc0341
skarekrow13
Dibsville
Tolvo
Pilgrim34
reim0027
Jansports
ublug
FinPeku
roanispe
Avenger649
Serious_Much
wretchedsausage
Dutchy
23 posters

It's a duel till they start losing...

twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

It's a duel till they start losing... - Page 2 Empty Re: It's a duel till they start losing...

Post by twigsterxd Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:18 pm

I worded that wrong digi. After agreeing with you and Sentiel, I was suppose to do new paragraph. The lines after your name doesn't correspond to wut you said.
    But, as I've said in other threads, even tho I don't invade, I'd rather have a glitched toon to defend my world cause you never really know if invader is playing glitched or not. If solo I always lose at pvp but at least I have a fighting chance happy
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

It's a duel till they start losing... - Page 2 Empty Re: It's a duel till they start losing...

Post by GrinTwist Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:50 pm

Dutchy wrote:I have been randomly invading, and I know not to expect them to play "fair". But what's irking me is when they bow, and you are having a nice even duel until they are about 30% health, and then the BS spamming begins. I can counter it, but I still usually die from a backstab. Why even try to duel if you go into knowing that you'll win? (I use this sentence loosely) I wouldn't care so much if they BS spammed from the beginning. Mergh.

That happens all the time, just start expecting it and learning how to counter. I know it's aggravating but what can you expect from a host that wasn't expecting you?

At least you can say that they aren't flasking when they're at 30% health. That is much more annoying in my opinion.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:33 am

Flasking, bs fishing, running away, ganking...
    In invasion, everything is allowed, nothing is forbidden.

Even if somebody disagrees with it, the fact remains that the other party doesn't have to share this opinion and as I said, will do whatever they want. It's best to be prepared for everything and adapt to the situation at hand, instead of saying that the person fought "unfair, cheap, dishonourably" and being sour over a loss.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:35 pm

crbngville2 wrote:...Most people go into PVP with a list of rules a mile long...

Not true. Most people go into pvp with no rules at all. If there are any, its common sense like blah blah no healing.

The real problem is thinking the game is balanced as is and no rules could possibly make it better. To me that's offensive to the human intellect.

I'm not saying your saying that now, but I do think the people that say Dark Souls is balanced are either, ignorant, misinformed, or at the very least unable to think outside the box. Keep in mind those are neutral adjectives not meant to be offensive.

I'm not saying people shouldn't be able to play "ruthlessly". But I'm also saying that people who like to use rules to establish balance should not be criticized either.

We all know there's room for improvement. Mid-roll anyone?

My 2 sense
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:22 pm

The only time there are rules is at a tournament. That is the only type of pvp with set rules. If I was to invade you and have no idea who you are, i'm not going to know your rules. Same as if I drop red, you summon me and I wouldn't know you play by certain rules or standards. If that's how you want to play, set up your own tournament, only summon reds that you know, or as the game states, "Prepare to Die", meaning fight at your own risk.
    LagStab
    LagStab
    Regular
    Regular

Post by LagStab Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:31 pm

BS'ing is a tactic, spamming magic is a tactic, parry spamming is a tactic, using a ultra sword is a tactic. Yes, some are very powerful, like black magic spamming, but you can use a TACTIC to counter it like BS'ing. This is Dark Souls, and it is the forest, You do what you can to win. Yes back stabs are annoying but they can be prevented, watch your back and get them before they get you. I always say GG at the end even if they won through backstab, it was their tactic of choice.
    LagStab
    LagStab
    Regular
    Regular

Post by LagStab Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:37 pm

LagStab wrote:BS'ing is a tactic, spamming magic is a tactic, parry spamming is a tactic, using a ultra sword is a tactic. Yes, some are very powerful, like black magic spamming, but you can use a TACTIC to counter it like BS'ing. This is Dark Souls, and it is the forest, You do what you can to win. Yes back stabs are annoying but they can be prevented, watch your back and get them before they get you. I always say GG at the end even if they won through backstab, it was their tactic of choice.
    bump

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:48 pm