DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Share
    avatar
    xB_WEEZYx
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 91
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-12-19
    Age : 24
    Location : PW

    DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Post by xB_WEEZYx on Tue May 28, 2013 4:36 am

    from my experiences with a fast roll character its almost too easy unless caught off guard.

    Pursuers- as soon as they all come towards you roll straight into them and you won't be harmed, they will go right past you

    Dark Beads- almost the same method make sure you press the foe, get as close as you can so as soon as its cast roll forward into the enemy and you won't be harmed (or slightly harmed if the roll isn't perfect still not enough to stagger you) because they will go over your head

    I'm telling you works like a charm tongue keep calm and roll
    the enemy usually will continually spam and eventually you can catch them slipping they usually lack poise



    _________________
    :pharis:
    shields are a crutch
    avatar
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1223
    Reputation : 44
    Join date : 2012-07-29
    Age : 22
    Location : Milliontown

    Re: DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Post by Myztyrio on Tue May 28, 2013 4:47 am

    This is pretty common knowledge.


    _________________
    PSN: Myztyrio
    Sub: AzureArmageddon




    avatar
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1146
    Reputation : 85
    Join date : 2013-04-24
    Age : 21
    Location : 537 Paper Street Soap Company

    Re: DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Post by SirArchmage on Tue May 28, 2013 4:53 am

    There is one flaw in your plan. Two, actually, now that I think about it. Flickering and lag. Have fun dodge those two when you can't see them, or see them from half a second ago. And now I just thought of a third one, mistakes. Even the best of players make mistakes. Want to honestly tell me you can dodge 10 dark beads, 3 pursuers, and a bunch of soul spears in a row without fault? There isn't an end all tactic against it, and odds are you are going to mess up before the mage does. Plus as Myztyrio said, it is a bit common knowledge.


    _________________
    :sign: I don't kill you in the most effective of ways. I kill you in the funniest. :sign:
    "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."
    -Ernest Hemmingway

    The Heretic was here twisted Mwa haha
    avatar
    xB_WEEZYx
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 91
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-12-19
    Age : 24
    Location : PW

    Re: DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Post by xB_WEEZYx on Tue May 28, 2013 5:04 am

    SirArchmage wrote:There is one flaw in your plan. Two, actually, now that I think about it. Flickering and lag. Have fun dodge those two when you can't see them, or see them from half a second ago. And now I just thought of a third one, mistakes. Even the best of players make mistakes. Want to honestly tell me you can dodge 10 dark beads, 3 pursuers, and a bunch of soul spears in a row without fault? There isn't an end all tactic against it, and odds are you are going to mess up before the mage does. Plus as Myztyrio said, it is a bit common knowledge.

    -equips flame shield-
    easy there partner you can also use levels to dodge magic
    ex. walls and what not lol
    and my internet is the bees knees


    _________________
    :pharis:
    shields are a crutch
    avatar
    xB_WEEZYx
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 91
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-12-19
    Age : 24
    Location : PW

    Re: DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Post by xB_WEEZYx on Tue May 28, 2013 5:05 am

    Myztyrio wrote:This is pretty common knowledge.

    tell that to my sunbro


    _________________
    :pharis:
    shields are a crutch
    avatar
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 961
    Reputation : 48
    Join date : 2012-12-09
    Age : 25

    Re: DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Post by Saturday-Saint on Tue May 28, 2013 5:15 am

    Usually I deal with pursuers by rolling away repeatedly and using Silver Pendant if I get the chance. It works a lot more consistently for me than trying to roll through the Pursuers.

    Best way to deal with Pursuers ofc is just not let them cast it.

    SirArchmage wrote:And now I just thought of a third one, mistakes. Even the best of players make mistakes. Want to honestly tell me you can dodge 10 dark beads, 3 pursuers, and a bunch of soul spears in a row without fault?
    "Your strategy is ineffective because it won't work if you mess it up" is not a reasonable argument.


    _________________
    Joking aside.
    avatar
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1612
    Reputation : 86
    Join date : 2012-07-27

    Re: DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Post by Jansports on Tue May 28, 2013 5:19 am

    Common knowledge or not, here we have a thread that is genuinely about PvP and trying to help people improve, it should be our favorite thread for these reasons. Not everyone knows how or is great at dodging dark magic, the people I fight in the township are living proof of that.

    @Archmage. The Flicker is fixed, and lag can be used as an argument against any technique or tactic. Same with your perfection comment.

    It's ridiculous that rather than do anything else, people couldn't wait to pounce on this thread to say of all things it's common knowledge and totally flawed.

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Post by Animaaal on Tue May 28, 2013 5:23 am

    If someone is facing a Pursuers-->Dark Bead spammer, and their opponent is lagging, and they don't have the dlc...they're screwed.

    If someone is fighting someone that uses Pursuers-->CSS and they're great at casting lock-off, the silver pendant wont save them and they are screwed. (The best phantom damage from CSS is at a distance anyway).

    Rolling is fine, and the op gives some great advice...but Strong Magic Shield conquers all. Heck it even works if they're TWoPing.

    It wont work on a weapon though. It scales really weird with stability. IMO (not tested) about 50 stability would be the minimum to tank such a combo???
    avatar
    xB_WEEZYx
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 91
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-12-19
    Age : 24
    Location : PW

    Re: DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Post by xB_WEEZYx on Tue May 28, 2013 5:31 am

    Jansports wrote:
    It's ridiculous that rather than do anything else, people couldn't wait to pounce on this thread to say of all things it's common knowledge and totally flawed.

    ehh i saw that coming a shame though..


    _________________
    :pharis:
    shields are a crutch
    avatar
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1612
    Reputation : 86
    Join date : 2012-07-27

    Re: DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Post by Jansports on Tue May 28, 2013 5:38 am

    Animaaal wrote:If someone is facing a Pursuers-->Dark Bead spammer, and their opponent is lagging, and they don't have the dlc...they're screwed.

    If someone is fighting someone that uses Pursuers-->CSS and they're great at casting lock-off, the silver pendant wont save them and they are screwed. (The best phantom damage from CSS is at a distance anyway).

    Rolling is fine, and the op gives some great advice...but Strong Magic Shield conquers all. Heck it even works if they're TWoPing.

    It wont work on a weapon though. It scales really weird with stability. IMO (not tested) about 50 stability would be the minimum to tank such a combo???

    I could try out Strong Magic shield a bit, one of my favorites is a 50 stability small shield (red and white round) a few hours in the forest and I'm sure I'll run into some magic to block.
    avatar
    CephGabriel
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 144
    Reputation : 1
    Join date : 2012-12-22
    Age : 23

    Re: DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Post by CephGabriel on Tue May 28, 2013 5:41 am

    Well I'm a scrub and I hadn't really considered rolling directly towards them... I had always just run away from persuers until they run out/hit something and I always side dodged bead until the mage ran out.

    So this thread actually helped me Proper Bow


    _________________
    No-one trusts the lonely one...

    avatar
    xB_WEEZYx
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 91
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-12-19
    Age : 24
    Location : PW

    Re: DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Post by xB_WEEZYx on Tue May 28, 2013 6:07 am

    CephGabriel wrote:Well I'm a scrub and I hadn't really considered rolling directly towards them... I had always just run away from persuers until they run out/hit something and I always side dodged bead until the mage ran out.

    So this thread actually helped me Proper Bow

    thumbs up


    _________________
    :pharis:
    shields are a crutch
    avatar
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 6625
    Reputation : 232
    Join date : 2012-01-30
    Age : 26
    Location : International waters

    Re: DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Post by Forum Pirate on Tue May 28, 2013 10:53 pm

    GMB/VOS. Don't need to dodge, just run faith and prepare for hatemail.


    _________________
    Your rules are yours
    My honor is mine.
    Perspective is everything.
    We are Exiles, and our home is Painted with the blood of trespassers.

    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 437
    Reputation : 13
    Join date : 2012-10-03

    Re: DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Post by BrotherBob on Tue May 28, 2013 11:53 pm

    Dodging is for suckers.
    1) Get 38 str.
    2) Bring out a Stone Greatshield.
    3) Keep holding it and just take the Pursuers, Dark Beads, Black Flames, and WotGs right in the face/shield LIKE A BOSS!!!
    4) Let the hatemail roll in.


    _________________
    PSN ID: IMMA_BIC_BOI_NAO, covert007_opg731


    :pharis: They slaughtered our men, our brothers, our sons... The dead cry out to us for justice. On their Souls, I swear to you: the gankers who took them from us, who have brought us such pain and sorrow... we will find them. They will come to the Forest. We will not rest until their blood flows into this very ground.
    - Forest Hunting "Taken 2"-style. 
    avatar
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

    Posts : 985
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2013-04-22

    Re: DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Post by twigsterxd on Wed May 29, 2013 12:12 am

    I've never seen anyone dodge or roll if I have pursuers. They always seem to run n hide behind a wall lol. At least now I know wut to do if I'm in an open area


    _________________
    Announcement:
    Support the Dark Souls Wiki:

    Visit http://fextralife.com

    subscribe, have fun, keep the site going
    avatar
    xB_WEEZYx
    Regular
    Regular

    Posts : 91
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-12-19
    Age : 24
    Location : PW

    Re: DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Post by xB_WEEZYx on Wed May 29, 2013 3:22 am

    BrotherBob wrote:Dodging is for suckers.
    1) Get 38 str.
    2) Bring out a Stone Greatshield.
    3) Keep holding it and just take the Pursuers, Dark Beads, Black Flames, and WotGs right in the face/shield LIKE A BOSS!!!
    4) Let the hatemail roll in.

    xDD i get enough hate mail sadly
    because whenever i see anyone in full giants gear with any mask i let them bow
    only to run up and steal their humanity laughing

    but yo check my sig
    shields are the easy way out
    no bueno


    _________________
    :pharis:
    shields are a crutch

    Sponsored content

    Re: DODGING DARK MAGICS

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:21 pm