Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Latitoast
Hatsune Miku
Satoshi
8 posters

I Need Some Help

Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I Need Some Help - Page 2 Empty Re: I Need Some Help

Post by Satoshi Mon May 27, 2013 11:24 pm

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate all your help! Without this lovely community, I probably would've been dead, and so would my friend. With your help, I am a lot happier, and I can start living a better life one step at a time!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon May 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Satoshi wrote: Thank you everyone. I really appreciate all your help! Without this lovely community, I probably would've been dead, and so would my friend. With your help, I am a lot happier, and I can start living a better life one step at a time!

Baby steps. Nothing too drastic, but keep progressing. I Need Some Help - Page 2 2592406420
    Hart
    Hart
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hart Tue May 28, 2013 12:46 am

Hi Satoshi, its good to hear your feeling a bit better.

With regards to your friend, you might remember me suggesting she was more dependant on you than you thought; this is the kind of thing I was talking about.
    While professional help would probably be a great help to her, and also to your relationship I would just caution you about bringing it up too soon/rashly, just because if she feels she's being pressured into it she will be less open to the help available.

Something I would suggest is for you to identify something she is good at, and more importantly knows she's good at/is comfortable with. This could be your kendo practice, martial arts, hell even something like writing or art. The main thing is that she feels comfortable and confidant talking about whatever it is. When you've found something, its time to introduce her to someone else you know who has an interest in said activity. Do it gently though. Perhaps bring it up with something like, "Hey, would you be able to help me with something? Well, there's someone from college...blah blah blah" placing an emphasis on the fact that she is the 'expert' on the subject from your point-of-view.
    Hopefully this will give her a confidence boost, but it will also help lower her guard in terms of "This person is trying to steal Satoshi (I'm sorry but I don't know your name lol) away from me" and let her develop her social skills in a safer enviroment.
    Regardless of whether or not she actually makes a lasting friendship with this person or not, if you can get her to enjoy socializing with other people it will be a big step in making her less dependant on you.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue May 28, 2013 1:40 am

Cut the ties ASAP. Staying connected with her will not improve things. She is scary crazy if I'm reading you right).
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue May 28, 2013 5:32 am

Reim makes a valid point. The way she acts, it leaves you with few options. Although even leaving her seems risky. Could you go into more detail?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue May 28, 2013 5:33 am

Satoshi wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:It does sound like she is obsessed with you. Might I suggest doubles counseling? Nothing wrong with having a relationship, but let it be a healthy one.

What's doubles counseling, do you mean doubling the time for having one, or is it something else.

He could've meant couples counseling.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:41 pm