Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Tolvo
GrinTwist
Sentiel
lonewolf
densetsushun
Mr. Tart
Serious_Much
skarekrow13
RANT
reim0027
SirArchmage
Encore
bunnywink
twigsterxd
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Hatsune Miku
DemonOfFate
Maneater_Mildred
Latitoast
CrackSouls
24 posters

I CHALLENGE YOU to do this social experiment. Phase 1.

CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I CHALLENGE YOU to do this social experiment. Phase 1. Empty I CHALLENGE YOU to do this social experiment. Phase 1.

Post by CrackSouls Thu May 23, 2013 1:20 am

Hello forum members!

The challenge:
    Post a reply to this thread. The reply has to be about another forum member, and the post must be entirely positive about that person. You cannot post about yourself.

It can be about anything the person has said or done. Whether it was encouraging you in some way, leading by example, promoting positive behavior, etc. in you, another, or every one. If there is a person who has helped you or influenced you to stay on / use this forum it is highly encouraged to use them as your post.

PLEASE ONLY POST ABOUT ONE PERSON.
    For now. Don't worry, there will be more opportunities to speak highly of others depending on how Phase 1 goes.

Good luck! Have fun!

-----------------------------------------

EDIT MAY 27th

If you are coming to this thread because of what you read in Phase 2: this thread is NOT closed. Please, continue to be excellent to each other!
    But you will need to skim through this thread to do Phase 2. Thanks.

THIS LINK WILL TAKE YOU TO PHASE 2.

Last edited by CrackSouls on Mon May 27, 2013 9:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

I CHALLENGE YOU to do this social experiment. Phase 1. Empty Re: I CHALLENGE YOU to do this social experiment. Phase 1.

Post by Latitoast Thu May 23, 2013 1:28 am

Hmm...

Soris is a really nice person, he's respectful, honest, willing to listen to your problems, and genuinely concerned when he does listen to your problems, likes Touhou which is pretty neat, I'm going to have to look at it more. I also quite like his avatar.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I CHALLENGE YOU to do this social experiment. Phase 1. Empty Re: I CHALLENGE YOU to do this social experiment. Phase 1.

Post by CrackSouls Thu May 23, 2013 1:40 am

Here it goes!

RANT, A.K.A. RantforRant, A.K.A. Mossad, A.K.A. OH GOD THAT DEMON'S GREA- sploosh, dead.

Where do I start?
    I guess it starts with when I first joined this forum. I was a pretty seasoned Demon's Souls player but with all the cheese and glitches going on after Dark Souls release I decided the only way I was going to continue PVPing was to find some one like-minded online.

I met A TON of awesome people. Oh man. A TON! They made Dark Souls fun for me again. But if I HAD to choose one (which I do, as it is the rules I made up 'cause I'm a jerk like that) it would be RANT. He was good at PVP. There was no cheese going on. And he played for fun. Purely for fun. Not to win, not to troll, not to increase his e-penis. FOR FUN.
    At the time I was pretty competitive... Competitive to the point where I wasn't having fun. RANT reminded me that fun is most important, and you can still kick *** while doing so. To this day when I end up fighting him in duels I get all excited because I know he's made an interesting build.
    (Ggggggrrrrr, breaking my own rules: Tolvo and Reim, your builds are so ******* awesome too, and many other people as well, who sadly I've only faced a couple times, have had some amazingly effective yet unique builds. Damn this forum is the ****, as in awesome /rant)
    Not only that but RANT has always been encouraging me to try new weapons. I probably wouldn't be using the weapons I do today if it wasn't for him. Example: I use the Halberd all the time, but it was RANT who destroyed me with the Scythe and showed me how effective polearms can actually be.

I guess the main reason I choose RANT is because he was the first to impress me and make me feel comfortable in a group. He was the first to really get me into this community (and many others helped after that, but still, he was the first. Shout out to Maneater_Mildred for being a close second. I think you were also my first duel with a forum member, Mildred.) I have never been a part of a forum other than this one, and I have never premeditatively met with people from the internet in a videogame before Dark Souls.

Phew... not bad. I have too many nice things to say about too many people! Ah well, that's what Phase 2 is for...
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Thu May 23, 2013 1:48 am

We have to explain why we picked the person too?
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu May 23, 2013 1:59 am

You cheated crack^

Yesuurd.

So many great people here doing FC etc, but I cant mention any of them because I follow your rules....

Yesuurd feels like a brother to me, we don't know each other well, but we 'get' each other is the best way I can describe it. So many fun times in FC together, hanging out trading gear, praising the sun. So many great times.

Point Up Sun Praise the Sun

Ok cheating now, serious_much was second pick....
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Thu May 23, 2013 2:06 am

I'll do a shout out to my good man RennyTM (AKA RenegadeCop)

Where to start with him? Hes a great guy, been there for me to offer sound advice, it seems to me that he actually cares about your issues, and wants to help you. Hes always out helping when he can, and hes a smart guy, and as well all know when another smart person talks to a smart person arguments ensure. Luckily WE BOTH LOVE ARGUMENTS!

I love nothing more then getting proved wrong, There's a flaw in everything everyone will ever say, and i happen to think people not afraid to point out flaws in arguments are awesome. (See ForumPirate for some awesome arguments)

Another thing about him is he's funny, but not the annoying kind who don't know when to stop, he knows the line, and doesn't cross it. Hes honest, I believe he acts like himself on the forums as he would in real life, though i've got no proof, i firmly believe this.

I'd consider Renny a awesome guy, and someone i'd like to meet in real life, and by god it will happen! I just have to turn 18, get a job and or win the lottery, buy him and his family a plane ticket, buy Mr. Tart a plane ticket, buy shun a ticket, throw a party, invite wenches, profit.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu May 23, 2013 1:30 pm

Pendant.
    Behind that shy brony power level is a kind hearted man.
    The man is easy to get along with and does not disappoint.
    Be strong my friend.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu May 23, 2013 1:38 pm

I like Plastic and Rage because he showed me a picture of his torn up knee. I CHALLENGE YOU to do this social experiment. Phase 1. 4136335658

Spoiler:
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu May 23, 2013 1:41 pm

There are too many to mention but reim has to be my choice. Here is a mod who is constantly checking, posting and closing threads when needed. A person who took the time to actually check out a youtube video to answer an armour question I had. I message reim because a thread was locked and I didn't want a new argument to ensue because of a certain closed thread. Out of all the forums I have joined over the years, most mods don't do squat without receiving multiple mail messages but reim is NOT that type of mod.
    Not speaking badly bout the others, it's just that I see reim more active than most mods I've seen.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu May 23, 2013 1:45 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Never said you were in my post.
    I basically stated good things. Except that you hid your brony side to IRL people, so you say.
    Truth, or not; Correct me if I'm wrong.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu May 23, 2013 1:47 pm

Fluttershy wrote:Except that you hid your brony side to IRL people

This is true... I CHALLENGE YOU to do this social experiment. Phase 1. 3915592713
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu May 23, 2013 1:48 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    Fluttershy wrote:Except that you hid your brony side to IRL people

This is true... I CHALLENGE YOU to do this social experiment. Phase 1. 3915592713
    So the rest is false?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu May 23, 2013 1:49 pm

The rest is in the eye of the beholder, I couldn't really say. I CHALLENGE YOU to do this social experiment. Phase 1. 3679643796
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu May 23, 2013 1:51 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:The rest is in the eye of the beholder, I couldn't really say. I CHALLENGE YOU to do this social experiment. Phase 1. 3679643796
    ^Good guy.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Post by bunnywink Thu May 23, 2013 1:58 pm

I have a lot of positive things to say about the majority of the forum, but one person comes to mind especially and I think he deserves this small gesture of appreciation more than anybody else I know.

He's not perfect, but who is? He's opinionated, but he respects the opinions of others while staying true to himself. He treats everybody as equals - with respect - and expects the same from others. He's probably the most laid back and non-judgemental person I have ever known. He's honest and says whatever is on his mind. He makes me laugh.

He makes Dark Souls fun. In fact, he makes a lot of games fun for me.

Proper Bow
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Thu May 23, 2013 2:33 pm

Latitoast, a pretty chill dude, has interest in things many would consider "awesome, cute" and etcetra. Got a cool username, strange avatars and got an awesome persona generally.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Thu May 23, 2013 6:13 pm

Ugh, there are too many people to choose from. I pretty much like every person on this forum and have nice things to say, but my choice is Reim. I have never, ever seen a moderator be as active as him. Never one so involved with the community and in love with what it is about. He helps make the leadership not a faceless untouchable entity that requires the complaints of many to do anything, but a real person interacting with the people on here. Of course, all the others mods and admins are great, but I can only talk of one for now. Happy forest hunting Reim!
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Thu May 23, 2013 6:23 pm

Tehdoomgrasp wrote:Latitoast, a pretty chill dude, has interest in things many would consider "awesome, cute" and etcetra. Got a cool username, strange avatars and got an awesome persona generally.
    I'm flattered.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu May 23, 2013 10:47 pm

Wow. Thanks twig and Archmage. In reality, my job is easy. You all pretty much self-moderate.

Hmm. Who to pick? Gah, can't decide. Pretty much every regular from the b-town pit FC of old. Let's go with Rant. Here's a great PvPer who also hosts a ton. Someone once asked me what do hosts get for hosting fights. I said one word: respect.

It takes a lot of time to host, and you aren't fighting. It can be boring at times, but it is done to help boost the dueling (we wouldn't be dueling without hosts, obviously). Now, we all take our turns hosting. But, Rant hosted way more times than he fought. What did he get from me? Respect.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu May 23, 2013 11:00 pm

SirArchmage wrote:Ugh, there are too many people to choose from. I pretty much like every person on this forum and have nice things to say, but my choice is Reim. I have never, ever seen a moderator be as active as him. Never one so involved with the community and in love with what it is about. He helps make the leadership not a faceless untouchable entity that requires the complaints of many to do anything, but a real person interacting with the people on here. Of course, all the others mods and admins are great, but I can only talk of one for now. Happy forest hunting Reim!
    you read my post and had to 1 up me didn't ya lol.
    That's 2 for reim do I hear a 3rd happy
    BTW reim we only speak the truth. And just so you know, I did do a frontal emote and it looked the same.

Last edited by twigsterxd on Thu May 23, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : didn't see reim' post before posting)
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Thu May 23, 2013 11:12 pm

All your words are beautiful!

More! MORE, I SAY!
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Thu May 23, 2013 11:21 pm

CrackSouls doesn't know that they are beautiful.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri May 24, 2013 12:11 am

damn you guys for making my ego grow a lil ugh lol.
    ok here I go, really there's too many people old school FC, respect(reim, billy, glenn, yess, baal, glute, mil, mofo, glatts, king, juicy, lolrage, king, wyrm, tolvo damnit too many to write down so sorry guys yo know I love you). I guess we can do more on phase two so im gonna go with goblin, he's just an awesome dude, and even better pvp'er, he always used underrated weapons like the great scythe and claws, remember this was when the game was new-ish and everyone had the same weapon, he used the underrated ones and he used them well, wherever you are G I hope you are doing well, specially that heart, take care dude.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri May 24, 2013 2:05 am

Like most people have said it's hard to pick one.

In honor of most encouraging to me I'll go with the first person here (that I discovered anyway) who also celebrated Towel Day like I do. I've probably established myself as pretty far out there with the covenants and crazy threads but this person helped me solve the mystery that actually brought me here. By doing so it encouraged me to keep up with the crazy ideas because maybe one person will see your dream too and that's all it takes. The person in question also did a simple act that showed how much people might be paying attention when you think that maybe no one is listening. And then even went so far as to demonstrate not only excellent memory of something I said but turned it into a very thoughtful act.

If you're reading this. Thank you
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri May 24, 2013 4:46 am

There's a stupid amount of people I could do here.. But how about I pay my respects to tolvo.

He's someone everyone should appreciate being here on the forum- a voice of reason, contributor of some very useful and also necessary threads. Hes got a lot to offer the community still and him sticking around can only help us grow.

E calls him the Prometheus of this forum, and I have to agree. Other than the admins and mods (real mods lol), he's probably the most valuable person to the forum. Oh and this is all in the midst of the crap he deals with in Real life, dunno how you do it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:54 pm