Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Odinbear
Green__Eagle
Juutas
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
Latitoast
Animaaal
Maneater_Mildred
Rynn
Ichikuro
Dibsville
LunarFog
16 posters

How things should have been implemented

LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

How things should have been implemented Empty How things should have been implemented

Post by LunarFog Tue May 14, 2013 3:41 pm

Raw - Increased base AR to counter decreased scaling

Castlight/sunlight maggot/skull lanter - light source should be able to be seen by other players

Remedy/resist curse - should have buffed up your resistance for a set time period along with curing build-up

Aural Decoy - Should have made a common noise emitted from players such as a weapon banging against the ground/wall, or a grunt.

Dark Orb - Projectile should have been faster

Dark magic - should have done more damage the more humanity the target has

All fire spells - Should have been able to be used as a light source

Acid surge - Should have been a weapon buff that reduces enemy equipment durability by 5 per hit

Poison/toxin mist - Wider AoE/more potent(?)

Undead Rapport - Effect lasts indefinitely until either target dies, user dies, or user logs off. Target follows user.

Seek guidance - Player sees significantly more "phantom players" running around while it is active.

Bountiful/Soothing sunlight - Slightly lowered faith requirement. Increased range

Tiny being's ring - +10 or 15% HP

Hawk Ring - +100% damage for headshots

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

How things should have been implemented Empty Re: How things should have been implemented

Post by Dibsville Tue May 14, 2013 3:54 pm

Lightning Weapons - Somewhat extra poise damage, lower overall damage

Dark Bead - Should have more Beads the higher your Intelligence level is

Homing Soul Mass and Soul Spear - Extra castings to make up for lower damage than Crystal versions

White Dragon Breath - Faster casting time

Your bare hand - More damage

Sanctus - Heal 4 HP per game tick instead of 1

Wrath of the Gods - Slower cast time, larger AoE

Tranquil Walk of Peace - Enemies will use the roll lower than their current (Fast goes to mid, mid to fat, etc.)

Dark Orb - Casting time should be switched with Dark Bead

Crossbows - Should have scaling

Ultra-Greatswords - Should have a whiff upon missing

Oolacile Catalyst - Should give your spells the Poison effect

Pyromancies - Less base damage, instead target is caught on fire and takes damage over time

Chaos Pyromancies - Damage should scale with Humanity

Crystal Weapons - Should have 30% of their base durability instead of 10%

Curved Greatswords - Should take more stamina per swing
    Ichikuro
    Ichikuro
    Casual
    Casual

How things should have been implemented Empty Re: How things should have been implemented

Post by Ichikuro Tue May 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Hawk Ring - Agreed, it's kinda lame that only adds range sad

Seek Guidance - Agreed, random phantoms should be able to interact more with each other

All Fire Spells - Agreed, I hate tomb of giants when I can't use castlight...
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 14, 2013 4:33 pm

Dark Orb casts perfectly fine, i wish people would realize how good a spell it is.

Raw actually DOES what your suggested, the only problem with Raw is that it doesn't go to +10.

Normal +5,Normal +10,Normal +15
    ---------,Divine +5-,Divine +10
    ---------,Fire +5---,Fire +10--
    ---------,Magic +5--,Magic +10-
    ---------,Raw +5----,
    Normal +5,Normal +10,Crystal +5
    Normal +5,Normal +10,Lightning+5
    Normal +5,Fire +5---,Chaos +5--
    Normal +5,Divine +5-,Occult +5-

As outlined above, it's the only upgrade path that stops "early". Raw +10 would have been used by buff builds that have base dex or strength, while +15 would be used by builds with high strength or dex.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Tue May 14, 2013 7:15 pm

I like things the way they are, FROM made 1 hell of a great game.

Having said that, they should have had a large raw ember in the game to take raw to +10 like rynn just said.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue May 14, 2013 9:20 pm

I say yes to some and no to others. All I wanted was an "Come here enemy emote" for invading.

It wouldn't take up an attunement slot.

You could coral enemies.

I just miss the epic fight from Demon's Souls before the Penetrator. I loved watching the invader sit and wait for us, standing on the stairs, a few red-eye knights at their disposal..... twisted

I think an emote like that coulda been used superawesomely.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue May 14, 2013 9:31 pm

I thought it would have been cool if elementals all had their own effects.

Enchanted-Stagger lowers enemies magic defense, does not stack, lasts 30 seconds
    Magic-Every 5 enemies you kill gives another casting to a random sorcery that has been attuned
    Lightning-As Dibs said, less damage, more poise damage
    Fire-Less damage, can cause a "burning" status that deals damage over time
    Chaos-Fine as is, Humanity scaling is nice.
    Divine-Stagger increases your magic defense, does not stack, lasts 30 seconds
    Occult-Drains 5 health per hit.

Also, taking the crystal path "crystallizes a weapon" so it appears to be crystallized.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Tue May 14, 2013 9:41 pm

I like the way most things are except for the Dark Bead, I don't hate the spell itself but...

Dark Bead = Higher INT requirements to use. INT 32 sounds good to me.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue May 14, 2013 9:58 pm

Doesn't really matter seeing as how most people have 50 INT on their Dark Bead builds anymore so they can use CSS and have good scaling on the MLGS
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue May 14, 2013 10:03 pm

I'm completely fine with Dark Bead and the way it was implemented. I've said this before... maybe not on these forums in particular but I've always said that Dark Bead wasn't overpowered or anything, it's just new to people. You can't tell me the first time you fought a WoG spammer you were perfect at dodging it... or the second.. or the third.......
    it takes time to get used to these things. Dark Bead is pretty stable now that people are actually getting used to it.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Tue May 14, 2013 10:09 pm

I've gotten used to the spell to be honest. I know how to dodge it when someone pulls out a catalyst in PVP and I really don't think it's that OP either.

It's simply the fact that a spell that is that strong is available to someone that only need to put a few points into INT that gets me. Oh well, it really doesn't matter much anyway because they aren't likely to change it now after months of Dark Bead being in the game.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue May 14, 2013 10:24 pm

I learned how to dodge Dark Bead and Pursuers pretty quickly.

I think it'd be cool if there were "Sink or Swim" enemies we could fight in DS2 that use a specific tactic so we learn to counter it when online.

For example, we find an enemy that relies entirely on criticals, so you either sink, and get critical'd by him and die, or you counter his fishing and kill him, and swim.

Or a pure Caster enemy, who uses distancing and angling to try to hit you with his spells.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue May 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Dark Bead is in no way strong, without magical boosts, with only 180 MagAdj, it's only going to cap... 500 against any player with averagely upgraded armour. It's better than a backstab...
    What makes it so strong is the fact that sorcery is extremely easy to buff to the point of one-shotting people.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue May 14, 2013 10:34 pm

Speaking of magic

Instead of having Spells that hit once every blue moon, but can kill people in one hit they should have implemented spells that hit often, without dealing enough damage to kill Manus on NG+7 in one hit.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue May 14, 2013 10:40 pm

"Spells that hit once every blue moon"
    Have you ever met a Crystal Soul Spear user who also uses TWoP? I assure you, Dark Bead does not compare.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue May 14, 2013 10:42 pm

I've never fallen for TWoP unless it was a spawn TWoP, and in that case you're going to get messed up either way, regardless of if he's packing spell, or if he's packing a DGA with Hornet Ring.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Tue May 14, 2013 10:43 pm

You're being a little too exaggerative there...
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue May 14, 2013 10:49 pm

I have yet to see a spawn TWoP user hit me from the front, they always circle for a BS, or spam spells at me.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed May 15, 2013 12:56 am

Most spells hit more than once a blue moon, if the users actually understand how to use them. Even the soul spear spells are amazing if used at the appropriate distance (which is actually near it's edge of it's range.)
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Wed May 15, 2013 1:49 am

Seek Guidance - show enemy HP, possibly more stats

Shield Bash - more stamina damage

Crystal Magic - simply a visual effect of using the crystallization catalyst to cast Soul Spear, Soulmass, Magic Weapon, etc.

White Dragon Breath - steerable during charge animation (curve left/right)

Pyromancy - Friendly fire

Chaos Pyromancy - same as regular pyromancy, but cast from a "Chaos Glove" to add lava. Lava can damage self.

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Wed May 15, 2013 2:11 am

Invasions - No "Dark spirit xxx has invaded"-notice to the invaded player

Crossbows - Kick should be usable

Pyromancy - Needs a scaling stat

Connectivity with other players - more things like gargoyle/quelaag's bells can be heard when other player rings them should've been implemented (like the sound of other players foot steps at times etc. to create paranoia)

Critical hits - Backstab should do regular hit dmg (unless you're using dagger or some other weapon that gets bonus on criticals) and parry should do the amount of current backstab dmg. This would prevent a lot of spam out there.

Stealth
    - Should work

Ring of Fog
    - Should remove 3/4 of the lock-on range and maybe hinder projectile dmg a bit.

DWGR - shouldn't exist
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Wed May 15, 2013 7:05 am

I wish invansions could occur after your boss is dead. Farming wouldn't be so boring if you could be invaded. This could open player fights to the boss area and would guarantee a one-a-one only fight since the host could not summon help.

I wish you could see other player's summons signs while your summon sign is down. It would give you some indication of how busy the area is for your soul range.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed May 15, 2013 9:07 am

Green__Eagle wrote:
    I wish you could see other player's summons signs while your summon sign is down. It would give you some indication of how busy the area is for your soul range.

If your human you can see summons signs, BEFORE you lay yours down. No need to see the signs while yours is down.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed May 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Odinbear wrote:
    Green__Eagle wrote:

If your human you can see summons signs, BEFORE you lay yours down. No need to see the signs while yours is down.

if you are trying to co-op and have killed the boss to stop being invaded that plan is rather flawed
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Wed May 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Co-op…Phantoms revive after beating a boss instead of gaining a point of humanity. You want humanity? Earn it through invasions.

Sanctus…Health regen should scale slightly with faith.

Path of the Dragon…Covenant ranks should increase resistances while in full dragon form.

Gravelord…Should get a notice when they have successfully infected another world.

Dark Bead…Number of beads fired should depend on INT, just like soul mass and pursuers.

Item & Consumable Buffs…Should not be stackable, wear either the dusk crown or the bellowing dragon ring, use either green blossoms or the grass crest shield, etc.

Artorias Greatswords…Should be more viable, they require a vast spread of stats that aren't of any real use to the build and it only ever just barely edge out a +15 claymore (by 15AR) except the claymore doesn't require a redonculous stat investment.

Chaos Servent…Should do something.

Way of White…Should do something.

Princess Guard…Should have ranks.

Forest Covenant…Rubbish, really?

Covenants Should Be Adversarial…Darkmoons should invade darkwraiths regardless of sin, gravelords should infect all way of white covenant members within their lobby/server, etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:36 am