Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Odinbear
Green__Eagle
Juutas
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
Latitoast
Animaaal
Maneater_Mildred
Rynn
Ichikuro
Dibsville
LunarFog
16 posters

How things should have been implemented

billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

How things should have been implemented - Page 2 Empty Re: How things should have been implemented

Post by billy_bayonet Wed May 15, 2013 5:47 pm

[quote="Nybbles"]Co-op…Phantoms revive after beating a boss instead of gaining a point of humanity. You want humanity? Earn it through invasions.

quote]

Only problem with that is, during DeS you had to In soul form to be a phantom, beating a boss made you human but in DkS you can do that regardless of human or hollow so your idea is kinda redundant However i agree with the rest of them to a point
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

How things should have been implemented - Page 2 Empty Re: How things should have been implemented

Post by Nybbles Wed May 15, 2013 6:06 pm

[quote="billy_bayonet"]
    Nybbles wrote:Co-op…Phantoms revive after beating a boss instead of gaining a point of humanity. You want humanity? Earn it through invasions.

quote]

Only problem with that is, during DeS you had to In soul form to be a phantom, beating a boss made you human but in DkS you can do that regardless of human or hollow so your idea is kinda redundant However i agree with the rest of them to a point

i always felt it would encourage more co-op and invasions since most just stay hollow the entire time so they can't be invaded.

demon's souls also had a pretty harsh punishment for being in spirit form, while dark souls not, which i'm sorta glad for. this made it very much worthwhile to want to be human which also opened you up for more invasions. i thought it was a good system that encouraged the type of play FROM intended (random co-op and invasions).
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Wed May 15, 2013 10:20 pm

I wish the phantom wasn't sent away immediately after a fight; there should be time for celebration (or at least give a civilized bow). I also wish if you die (as a phantom), you had the option to continue to watch the boss fight to see how the host and other players perform.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu May 16, 2013 9:59 am

Green__Eagle wrote:I also wish if you die (as a phantom), you had the option to continue to watch the boss fight to see how the host and other players perform.

i couldn't tell you how many times i've died a few moments before the boss died and left the host's world before finding out if they made it or not.

Shields…more shields should have a useful bash attack, the iron round shield and sun shield would be great candidates. but think "This is SPARTA" rather than that pathetic "donk" we currently have.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun May 19, 2013 11:29 am

LunarFog wrote:Undead Rapport - Effect lasts indefinitely until either target dies, user dies, or user logs off. Target follows user.

I agree with "target follows user," but giving it an infinite time limit would make it OP. Also, someone in another thread posted , "Turn enemies into a third party." I think this is a cool idea.

Nybbles wrote:Co-op…Phantoms revive after beating a boss instead of gaining a point of humanity. You want humanity? Earn it through invasions.

Just because we're co-oping doesn't mean we can't fight.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun May 19, 2013 12:28 pm

Undead Rapport switching to 3rd party is useless because you're going in real harm's way to convert it. It should turn it into an Ally, but remove the friendly fire as it means instant-death. I would suggest, however, a ranged spell that turns something into 3rd party as the player isn't risking themselves as much as Undead Rapport.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:49 am