Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
RANT
Aevun
Dibsville
Oh_the_Humanity
8 posters

Collateral Damage? Should there be any?

Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Collateral Damage? Should there be any? Empty Collateral Damage? Should there be any?

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Mon May 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Collateral Damage? Should there be any?

Well what do you think?
    If you are targeting an enemy, swing, hit that enemy, but at the same time that swing was in the range of a 2nd enemy that if collateral damage was implemented would have hit that enemy as well.
    There's been so many times where this happens and for me, breaks the immersion because my weapon clearly hit, or went through the "2nd" enemy but didn't deal any damage.
    It was the same in Demon's Souls and obviously was intended to be that way by From, but I for one would love to see collateral damage be a part of DkS2.
    Obviously the damage dealt to the non-targeted enemy would be much less than the targeted one, but to just see the "2nd" enemy react to my weapon would be a great little detail to improve in DkS2.
    So what do you all think?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Collateral Damage? Should there be any? Empty Re: Collateral Damage? Should there be any?

Post by Dibsville Tue May 14, 2013 12:10 am

Could you please tell me which weapons you're using where you can only hit one enemy?
    Or did I completely misinterpret the idea of this thread?
    Aevun
    Regular
    Regular

Collateral Damage? Should there be any? Empty Re: Collateral Damage? Should there be any?

Post by Aevun Tue May 14, 2013 10:34 am

Doesn't this already exist?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue May 14, 2013 10:50 am

Aevun wrote:Doesn't this already exist?

to be fair most of the threads in the dks2 section are all pretty much the same lol
    Conrack
    Conrack
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Conrack Tue May 14, 2013 10:52 am

Dibsville wrote:Could you please tell me which weapons you're using where you can only hit one enemy?
    Or did I completely misinterpret the idea of this thread?

Even with my Chaos Rapier I still hit more than one enemy when I stab. somethings must be going wrong.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 14, 2013 11:38 am

I'm not sure I understand either. Two examples of what I think you're talking about already in game....

Coming out of the Sunlight Altar to the bridge there are three hollows. I can kill all three with a Great Scythe R2, all taking full hit damage.

Undead Parish, get bum rushed by the Balder Trio (dangerous in combat and Barbershop Style A-Capella vocals). I can hit them all through one another when they bottlekneck for some reason.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue May 14, 2013 4:20 pm

This seems to only happen to a non targeted enemy while hitting the targeted one.
    It seems like when your not locked on you can hit as many enemies thats in your range, but when you are locked on, you only hit the enemy that your locked on to.
    Basically I would like to see your weapon do damage to anything it touches.
    I just don't like seeing my weapon go through an enemy (2nd enemy, not the targeted one) when it clearly should have hit them.
    Maybe Im wrong about this. I have to do some testing.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue May 14, 2013 4:24 pm

I haven't seen that happen (pretty sure anyway). My Balder Knight Trio example occurs with me locking on and I do damage to anything in my swing arc I'm pretty sure.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue May 14, 2013 4:28 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I haven't seen that happen (pretty sure anyway). My Balder Knight Trio example occurs with me locking on and I do damage to anything in my swing arc I'm pretty sure.
    Yeah, I should have done some testing before posting. I may just be completely wrong. :oops:
    I just remember not hitting non targeted enemies that are in the range of my weapon while hitting the targeted one.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue May 14, 2013 4:37 pm

Dark Souls already has colateral damage.
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Oh_the_Humanity
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Oh_the_Humanity Tue May 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Rynn wrote:Dark Souls already has colateral damage.
    Yes but it isn't consistent. It doesn't happen everytime.
    Theres been many occasions where an enemy is behind me and an enemy is in front of me, Im locked on to the enemy in front and I swing my weapon, it hits the enemy in front that is targeted, but the end of my swing just goes through the enemy behind me.
    I just want your weapons to hit no matter the angle or position, as long as it is in range.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 14, 2013 6:33 pm

I've had many times where I've hit several enemies at once..

/thread
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue May 14, 2013 6:34 pm

I've had many times where I've hit several enemies at once.. and i've found it to be perfectly consistent.

I feel if there's an enemy behind you.. you shouldn't really be hitting them.. At most in my opinion a 200-240 degree angle of hit in the most wde swings is fine
    Aevun
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Aevun Wed May 15, 2013 9:48 am

RANT wrote:
    Aevun wrote:Doesn't this already exist?

to be fair most of the threads in the dks2 section are all pretty much the same lol

I meant the collateral damage mechanic. I think it exists in DkS already.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:23 pm