Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
jimmyc0341
VaDoom
User1
apirateslifeferme
8 posters

Help Broken Pendant won't drop...

apirateslifeferme

Help Broken Pendant won't drop... Empty Help Broken Pendant won't drop...

Post by apirateslifeferme Mon May 13, 2013 8:43 am

I've read through several of the threads on the broken pendant not droping and I've gone through and done all the steps and tried all the suggestions of reloading the game and such and still no pendant. I really wanted to go to Oolacile next, but now I can't get there. Should I just move on and give it up as a lost cause till my next playthrough, or is there anything else I can do?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Help Broken Pendant won't drop... Empty Re: Help Broken Pendant won't drop...

Post by User1 Mon May 13, 2013 8:45 am

It's difficult to gauge what happened. It could be a glitch. But have you killed the Hydra in Darkroot Basin, spoken to Dusk and accepted her help, and summoned her in the Basin near the Knight Armour? If you have done that, the golem will drop the Broken Pendant. If not, it's an unfortunate glitch, one of which I have thankfully never personally experienced.
    apirateslifeferme

Post by apirateslifeferme Mon May 13, 2013 8:48 am

Yea I've done all that, but still no pendant. It must be a glitch, but I don't know what to do about it.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon May 13, 2013 8:50 am

If you're on Xbox, clear system cache. PC, uninstall the patch. If you're on PS3, I don't think there is much to do about it.
    apirateslifeferme

Post by apirateslifeferme Mon May 13, 2013 8:52 am

I'm on ps3.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon May 13, 2013 8:53 am

I'm sure you can't uninstall patches on PS3. If you can uninstall and reinstall the DLC, that might change something.
    apirateslifeferme

Post by apirateslifeferme Mon May 13, 2013 8:56 am

Ok I'll try and see if I can do that.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Mon May 13, 2013 10:13 am

Maybe in the chest behind Frampt?
    It's supposed to contain the items you lost by accident.
    I'm pretty sure it won't be here, but ... maybe.
    Otherwise, it looks like there might be a problem with your DLC installation, like Renegade suggested.
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Mon May 13, 2013 8:39 pm

This might be stupid to ask but I'm just covering all the bases. Did you actually purchase the Artorias of The Abyss dlc? Just asking cuz my friend was trying access DLC for a certain game before and thought said dlc was included w/the game purchase when it actually wasn't. He later paid for the dlc and accessed it w/out an issue
    apirateslifeferme

Post by apirateslifeferme Mon May 13, 2013 11:54 pm

Oh, ok. Well that makes sense then. I didn't know you have to buy it seperate. Well that sucks. Oh well guess ill be making a stop by and pick it up on my way home from work. Thanks man.
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Tue May 14, 2013 8:08 pm

apirateslifeferme wrote:Oh, ok. Well that makes sense then. I didn't know you have to buy it seperate. Well that sucks. Oh well guess ill be making a stop by and pick it up on my way home from work. Thanks man.
    Was that sarcasm?? Lol. Can't tell. Seriously though i was just thrwing it out there, half-joking half seriously
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Wed May 15, 2013 10:22 pm

apirateslifeferme wrote:Oh, ok. Well that makes sense then. I didn't know you have to buy it seperate. Well that sucks. Oh well guess ill be making a stop by and pick it up on my way home from work. Thanks man.
    I now have a permanent imprint on my forehead, shaped like my hand.
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Thu May 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Oh gawd. Fails everywhere
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu May 16, 2013 8:55 pm

sorry i this sounds bad but the post makes it sound like you are stopping at the game store to buy it, (as in a separate cd). dlc stands for downloadable content which means you download it from playstation store with your playstation account.
    apirateslifeferme

Post by apirateslifeferme Sat May 18, 2013 10:50 am

Well I know it's downloadable content, but when I went on Playstation Store to download it, it said it was "disc only" so I thought maybe I could find it at my local game store because they have dlcs for sale all over their store, but they said they'd never heard of a Dark Souls dlc, disc or otherwise, so I don't know what to do now. :/
    apirateslifeferme

Post by apirateslifeferme Sat May 18, 2013 10:53 am

apirateslifeferme wrote:Well I know it's downloadable content, but when I went on Playstation Store to download it, it said it was "disc only" so I thought maybe I could find it at my local game store because they have dlcs for sale all over their store, but they said they'd never heard of a Dark Souls dlc, disc or otherwise, so I don't know what to do now. :/

Ok I'm an idiot. Lol. I just found it. I was looking at the wrong thing. lmao Sorry guys, I'm a little absentminded like that sometimes, you just have to ignore me....
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat May 18, 2013 11:57 am

LOL no problem buddy. Hope it all works out for ya
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat May 18, 2013 1:28 pm

I'm pretty sure this is just sarcasm, but I'll add 2 cents just in case.

There are 2 versions of Dark Souls. There's the origional version, Dark Souls, without patches or dlc. Then there's the Prepare to Die version. It has the DLC included on the disk. If your commit wasn't sarcasm, then you probably accidently bought the wrong version and have to download the DLC.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:46 am