Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Pilgrim34
User1
ResIsBestStat
Jansports
Micha369
9 posters

Sickle: Where to get this and how to protect against this

Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Sickle: Where to get this and how to protect against this Empty Sickle: Where to get this and how to protect against this

Post by Micha369 Sun May 12, 2013 7:09 am

Hello folks

in the wiki I cannot find a weapon like this sickle (the one that Lautrec has).

This is a terrible weapon I have no answer for. Some invaders have such a thing and this is f*** frustrating. I cannot block this. Is this not blockable? Where do they get this from?

Thanks for your help!

best whishes
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Sickle: Where to get this and how to protect against this Empty Re: Sickle: Where to get this and how to protect against this

Post by Jansports Sun May 12, 2013 7:11 am

It's called the "Shotel"

that should get you the information you want
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Sickle: Where to get this and how to protect against this Empty Re: Sickle: Where to get this and how to protect against this

Post by ResIsBestStat Sun May 12, 2013 7:12 am

You can find it at Sen's Fortress or buy it from Shiva
    It's called the Shotel
    The Shotel is actually kinda balanced because only the r2 can penetrate shields
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun May 12, 2013 7:13 am

It is called the Shotel. It can be bought off Shiva in Blighttown if you are in the Forest Hunters. It can be found for free in Sen's Fortress. When you go in the first time, you see a serpent being crushed by a boulder. Run all the way up that path, and fall down to the right when over the area where the item is. It will be on a corpse. If the instructions aren't clear, I suggest looking on YouTube for precise details.

It cannot be blocked on it's strong R2 attacks. It can be blocked on it's R1 attacks though.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Sun May 12, 2013 8:45 am

I can definitely understand your reaction to the shotel, I was pretty terrified of it on my first few encounters against it!

Whilst the r2 can't be blocked it can of course be parried if you are confident. Its damage output is not amazing either so if you see your opponent using it then close in and go on the offensive to stop them from using it effectively.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun May 12, 2013 8:52 am

Ah yes, the shotel, a refined weapon we need more of...

Shotel's heavy attacks are unblockable, so if you see a shotel, you shouldn't rely on blocking, and instead do far more rolling, or attacks.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun May 12, 2013 11:38 am

Who uses the Shotel anymore?

I see people go for Toxic/Bleed or Pyromancy/Sorcery/Wrath more than Shotel R2s.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Sun May 12, 2013 12:59 pm

I still sometimes see people enter the Forest. They cast Power Within, SLB or DMB on their Shotel, and they 2h. They pretty much spam it until either:

They killed their opponent or they died. A terrifying thing when you've never seen it before!
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sun May 12, 2013 2:16 pm

Latitoast wrote:Who uses the Shotel anymore?

I see people go for Toxic/Bleed or Pyromancy/Sorcery/Wrath more than Shotel R2s.

ME!!! I'm usually pure melee so it comes in quite handy against cops...errrr....turtles.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun May 12, 2013 2:19 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:

ME!!! I'm usually pure melee so it comes in quite handy against cops...errrr....turtles.

*looks around*
    !
    You're under arrest. Come with me!
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sun May 12, 2013 2:23 pm

*draws shotel*

YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE COPPER!!!

silly
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun May 12, 2013 2:28 pm

True. I won't. sad
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sun May 12, 2013 2:32 pm

anywho....yeah the shotel, offensively its an excellent weapon to have at your disposal. defensively its best to either dodge the attack or parry.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sun May 12, 2013 6:14 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:

I use it if I know I can still fast roll with it.

It allows me to bypass shields while requiring a tiny bit of skill compared to spamming a katana R1 or the Gravelord Sword.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Sun May 12, 2013 6:47 pm

Yeah plus most people have learned to shield-poke and roll away, which takes katana spamming out of the equation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:17 am