The Dark Souls Community

    Share
    avatar
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-10-30
    Age : 36

    Re: The Dark Souls Community

    Post by steveswede on Thu May 02, 2013 7:57 pm

    I'm just going to throw this out there to let everyone know just how much grinding I've done while also using the BB glitch

    I've actually played through over a 100 times just to glitch the slabs. I grinded every variation of the chucks before I even found out that you could dupe. I've done eight different types of each weapon and grinded titainite for all my armour.

    Out of all the weapons that can be upgraded with embers, there are over 520 weapons, 42 shields, 12 bows, 12 crossbows and that's not even including the dragon, twinkling and demon path weapons. If you think about it, you will use over 200 normal slabs and over 130 each of the others, just think of how many titanite chucks I've grinded altogether.

    All this took me around 6 hours a day, almost every day for a month and a half for just one character. I think it's completely unreasonable for anyone to attack someone for not wanting to grind for over a year to get their builds just for PvP.
    avatar
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 697
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-07
    Age : 17

    Re: The Dark Souls Community

    Post by DemonOfFate on Thu May 02, 2013 8:18 pm

    As i said before, if you go with +14 you can cut that time to about 1/3, hell even less than that. I upgraded all the armor i wanted, my shield, all str weapons in the game (On my Str guy) and getting all the chunks i needed only took about 1-2 days. And by days i mean 12 hours.

    All the other types you can buy, well except demon, and if your on a serious PVP build you won't be needing to farm for red chunks, if your on a magic build then instead of farming for chunks you farm for Blue chunks, and the same can be said about white chunks.

    Slabs are rare for a reason, but they aren't even that big of a deal, therefore i don't see that as a very valid reason. This is all my opinion though. I hope i didn't come out as offensive.



    _________________
    Information:
    PSN: DemonOfFate
    Covenants:
    Leader Of Those Of Cursed Blood.
    Insanity member.
    Skype: xxstryderxx


    Come and join your brothers and sisters to regain the life you once knew. http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t21309-those-of-cursed-blood-revived-and-looking-for-members
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: The Dark Souls Community

    Post by Dibsville on Thu May 02, 2013 8:24 pm

    Slabs aren't rare, they're just hard to farm.
    Besides the normal slab.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 316
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2012-06-20
    Age : 29
    Location : United Kingdom

    Re: The Dark Souls Community

    Post by Isirith on Thu May 02, 2013 9:13 pm

    @Billy - Without certain glitches you'd of left long ago?
    Were you still playing during the no BB Glitch & Mega Mule period?

    I know grinding sucks ***, I know...
    I don't doubt that any of you have put a tremendous amount of time into Dark Souls..
    That's still not an excuse to glitch in my opinion.

    @Steve - How many weapons does one of your builds need!?


    I don't think anyone's taking offence, atleast I hope not..
    It is after all only a discussion.


    _________________
    PSN ID - Isirith

    "The problem isn't the problem...
    Your attitude about the problem is the problem, do you understand?"
    avatar
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-10-30
    Age : 36

    Re: The Dark Souls Community

    Post by steveswede on Thu May 02, 2013 9:23 pm

    Isirith wrote:@Steve - How many weapons does one of your builds need!?

    The weapon collection is universal for when I BB glitch as I have 10 different characters all with different levels of investment. I have every ember variation on every weapon apart from crystal and raw. Before I was making too many characters when I was PvPing, getting board with current setup, grind for an hour to get items just so I could find out what said weapon was like for 5 minutes. I did all of that grinding so I never have to do it again because I was fed up with it.

    I will say that with playing through so many times got me really good at speed running. My fastest time is 1 hour and 35 minutes, low level as well.
    avatar
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 316
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2012-06-20
    Age : 29
    Location : United Kingdom

    Re: The Dark Souls Community

    Post by Isirith on Fri May 03, 2013 5:08 am

    My fastest time is 1 hour and 35 minutes, low level as well.

    You beat me by a good 20ish minutes! ^.^'


    _________________
    PSN ID - Isirith

    "The problem isn't the problem...
    Your attitude about the problem is the problem, do you understand?"
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: The Dark Souls Community

    Post by Rynn on Fri May 03, 2013 6:02 am

    steveswede wrote:
    Isirith wrote:They seem to think its their given right to be excluded from playing and levelling up normally
    and obviously it's 'they've levelled up once before and shouldn't have to do it again'

    Can I ask why does it matter when it doesn't affect duels themselves? Why is it so important to you that they have to grind for it? Using the BB or DH glitch is all about removing the time grinding because grinding is boring when all you want to do is PvP. If these glitches were not in there I would have quit PvP a very long time ago because I would have got bored. Grinding is completely irrelevant to PvP yet you have to spend so much time doing it just to get the builds you want. Grinding is a single player mechanic and most PvPers are PvPing because they have sucked the life out of the single player campaign.
    If someone is unwilling to go through the single player functions of the game, then I won't miss them in PvP.
    avatar
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 689
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2012-09-04

    Re: The Dark Souls Community

    Post by XachAttack on Fri May 03, 2013 8:17 am

    Isirith wrote:
    And where do people get this "20, 30 hours to make a build"
    Your doing something wrong or are really, really bad if its taking you that long.

    >->;; *Ahem*


    _________________
    [__ It's go time!__]

    PSN: Xach_Attack
    avatar
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 423
    Reputation : 26
    Join date : 2012-10-11
    Location : The Abyss

    Re: The Dark Souls Community

    Post by Walter_White on Fri May 03, 2013 9:30 am

    Rynn wrote:
    If someone is unwilling to go through the single player functions of the game, then I won't miss them in PvP.

    But i would, most of my FC pals use smurfs.

    I have one sad story fitting here in pretty good.

    Some days ago (before the flickering came back) i invaded AL with my SL55. I know, i shouldn't do that any longer, but it's so great to first kill the two phantoms and then duel the host, even though he has no chance in most cases. On SL100 and above you only meet gankers, nearly no chance to beat 3 of them, but on SL55 in most cases that are quester with some help for PvE not specialiced gankers - so beatable with some help of environment and humanity healing.
    This time i invaded a lonely quester. When i saw him the first time, my first thought was like: "Hell! Drake Sword and Knight starter gear....thats a pro who got bored and will 1st hit parry&riposte you to death very slowly to humiliate me...."
    But he moved not like a pro, he was nervous and attacked at once spaming R1, so i backed up, hoping for him to stop, so i can drop him a reasonable weapon. He didn't stop spaming R1 in my shield. So i decided not to parry and not to BS, but get in one or two hits and back up again...but he didn't stop attacking, so i killed him.
    I wrote him a message, that drake sword is not uselfull in AL and beyond, and suggestet the Claymore upgraded. I told him, that i would've dropped him one if he stopped attacking me. And that i will help him as white through AL and drop him a good weapon if he wants.

    His answer was very disappointing.
    He asked why someone in DkS online should help him, they always only invade and kill without any greating, bow, trading or anything. Just come, try to destroy the game of someone and then taunt.
    He said thx for the offer, but no thx.

    I think he didn't trust me, he thought i would try to destroy his game as a white i suppose.
    He must have had some really bad experiences with DW.....


    _________________

    PSN: Dark_Sunbro
    Using my Black Eye Orb:
    SC, Old Spice, CW, Old Spice, 2h DBS, bow, roll+R1, R2 while getting up -> job done
    avatar
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 316
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2012-06-20
    Age : 29
    Location : United Kingdom

    Re: The Dark Souls Community

    Post by Isirith on Fri May 03, 2013 10:12 am

    XachAttack wrote:
    Isirith wrote:
    And where do people get this "20, 30 hours to make a build"
    Your doing something wrong or are really, really bad if its taking you that long.

    >->;; *Ahem*

    No... No Xach..
    Surely it doesn't?

    Few hours sure but rocking nearly 40 hours!?

    The point I'm making is no other groups in Dark Souls (as far as I'm aware of) hide behind glitches and editors for whatever reason.

    It takes time to make a build, grinding sucks balls we know!
    We all have to do it.
    And as I said before I like to Cosplay at higher NG+'s but in order to do that I have to play through 3, 5 or even 7 times!
    Based on how challenging I wanna make it for myself and my Phantoms.

    I don't fallback on glitches and then try to cover up my cheating as "I don't have time to play normally, besides it sucks"

    If I don't have the time to play then I can't play..
    Much like if I don't have the money to buy something I can't have it


    Last edited by Isirith on Fri May 03, 2013 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    PSN ID - Isirith

    "The problem isn't the problem...
    Your attitude about the problem is the problem, do you understand?"
    avatar
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 689
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2012-09-04

    Re: The Dark Souls Community

    Post by XachAttack on Fri May 03, 2013 10:18 am

    I don't use any glitchy things anymore, but yeah it takes me a few days to get a build done lol. Probably 'cuz I like to take my time, I guess.

    I see what you're getting at too, though I don't have any thoughts about it.


    _________________
    [__ It's go time!__]

    PSN: Xach_Attack
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: The Dark Souls Community

    Post by Rynn on Fri May 03, 2013 10:19 am

    Sadly that is the state of PvP for a new player. If you don't know how to mini-max your stats, this game is quickly unemployable from a new experience.
    avatar
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 316
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2012-06-20
    Age : 29
    Location : United Kingdom

    Re: The Dark Souls Community

    Post by Isirith on Fri May 03, 2013 10:27 am

    Walter_White wrote:

    His answer was very disappointing.
    He asked why someone in DkS online should help him, they always only invade and kill without any greating, bow, trading or anything. Just come, try to destroy the game of someone and then taunt.
    He said thx for the offer, but no thx.

    I think he didn't trust me, he thought i would try to destroy his game as a white i suppose.
    He must have had some really bad experiences with DW.....


    This is a little sad, newer players (if he really was new) don't want help because of the attitude of Dark Souls players
    (Not everyone ofcourse!)

    I don't quite understand why some people are extremely hostile and get really butthurt in PvP.
    It's always spammer, glitcher, noob (hate the damn term), ganker (yup even when I'm alone).

    I very rarely get a "GG man" or any other positive message.
    I just don't get where the hatred comes from.

    You win and you lose and when you lose a lot and win! It makes it all the sweeter.


    _________________
    PSN ID - Isirith

    "The problem isn't the problem...
    Your attitude about the problem is the problem, do you understand?"
    avatar
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1798
    Reputation : 61
    Join date : 2012-07-10

    Re: The Dark Souls Community

    Post by WandererReece on Fri May 03, 2013 1:34 pm

    Walter_White wrote:His answer was very disappointing.
    He asked why someone in DkS online should help him, they always only invade and kill without any greating, bow, trading or anything. Just come, try to destroy the game of someone and then taunt.
    He said thx for the offer, but no thx.

    I think he didn't trust me, he thought i would try to destroy his game as a white i suppose.
    He must have had some really bad experiences with DW.....

    Honestly, I can relate to that. When I played this game online for the very first time I was using a brand new character. I didn't BB glitch because I was new. (Despite popular belief not all new players BB glitch when playing online for the first time.) I only had the crap he started with. I go to the Burg and get invaded by people with Armor of Throns, Demon Spears, Chaos Katanas, and other late game stuff. I had no chance. My normal +0 stuff was useless! It doesn't feel good to get one or two shotted when you barely damge your opponent.

    They use every tactic to kill me. They ambushed me and hid by enemies. This I don't mind. However, they even used glitches against me, and that I hated. Almost all of the low level invaders used glitches against me. If I saw a Dragon Torso user, then I knew with almost 100% certainty he would use the Dragon Torso Stone Glitch, and my only hope of survival was to disconnect. (Obviously this was pre 1.06) I also had TWoD users.

    To make things worse, low level invaders will or like they're trying to say, "Your not good enough for this game." Even the glitchers do this.

    His experiance isn't rare. Every new player that played online experianced this. New players didn't know what an invasion is supposed to be like because they got invaded by OP glitchy invaders. (Obviously post 1.06 newbies no longer have to disconnect because they saw a Dragon Body.) They also thought the community sucked because almost every low level invader insults the host because the host died! It's not just taunts. It's also messages.

    If you think this is rare, then you were very lucky.


    _________________
    avatar
    Isirith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 316
    Reputation : 38
    Join date : 2012-06-20
    Age : 29
    Location : United Kingdom

    Re: The Dark Souls Community

    Post by Isirith on Fri May 03, 2013 4:19 pm

    WandererReece wrote:
    Walter_White wrote:His answer was very disappointing.
    He asked why someone in DkS online should help him, they always only invade and kill without any greating, bow, trading or anything. Just come, try to destroy the game of someone and then taunt.
    He said thx for the offer, but no thx.

    I think he didn't trust me, he thought i would try to destroy his game as a white i suppose.
    He must have had some really bad experiences with DW.....

    Honestly, I can relate to that. When I played this game online for the very first time I was using a brand new character. I didn't BB glitch because I was new. (Despite popular belief not all new players BB glitch when playing online for the first time.) I only had the crap he started with. I go to the Burg and get invaded by people with Armor of Throns, Demon Spears, Chaos Katanas, and other late game stuff. I had no chance. My normal +0 stuff was useless! It doesn't feel good to get one or two shotted when you barely damge your opponent.

    They use every tactic to kill me. They ambushed me and hid by enemies. This I don't mind. However, they even used glitches against me, and that I hated. Almost all of the low level invaders used glitches against me. If I saw a Dragon Torso user, then I knew with almost 100% certainty he would use the Dragon Torso Stone Glitch, and my only hope of survival was to disconnect. (Obviously this was pre 1.06) I also had TWoD users.

    To make things worse, low level invaders will or like they're trying to say, "Your not good enough for this game." Even the glitchers do this.

    His experiance isn't rare. Every new player that played online experianced this. New players didn't know what an invasion is supposed to be like because they got invaded by OP glitchy invaders. (Obviously post 1.06 newbies no longer have to disconnect because they saw a Dragon Body.) They also thought the community sucked because almost every low level invader insults the host because the host died! It's not just taunts. It's also messages.

    If you think this is rare, then you were very lucky.

    Spot on chap! I don't think I disagree with a single point you've made
    here. I feel the same way.

    I find people at low levels and above the SL 100 range get really douchey
    and taunt aswell as abusive messages.


    _________________
    PSN ID - Isirith

    "The problem isn't the problem...
    Your attitude about the problem is the problem, do you understand?"
    avatar
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 252
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-07-13

    Re: The Dark Souls Community

    Post by DigitaLinsanitY on Fri May 03, 2013 4:39 pm

    The thing is invaders aren't that much of a problem past the burg and maybe the depths, especially if you don't over level. Plus low level sunbros can ruin the "newbie experience" just as much as an invader.

    I think FROM allowed low level griefing to kinda say "cmon man, it's not that hard, at least do the first part yourself". That's just me.

    *edited for spelling error*

    Sponsored content

    Re: The Dark Souls Community

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:32 pm