Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Onion Knight
>Brave<
Hue
Railage
User1
Seignar
aqueous12
Nybbles
raecor14
R3dlace
DE5PA1R
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
tinypantha
ResIsBestStat
GreatLordNero
Animaaal
Exalted Oreo
FungalPsychosis
Zeta Prime
Dibsville
XuitusTheGreat
25 posters

the next moonlight sword

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

the next moonlight sword - Page 2 Empty Re: the next moonlight sword

Post by Seignar Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:08 pm

Moonlight Greatsword

Very few know the exact process used to create this blade, but, from what could be deciphered from the many books located in the Dragon's Mansion, this glorious azure sword was forged from the flames of donzens of dragons. Its blaze is so great that it emits a blue flame when the user bridges the gap between their soul and the sword's.

*Deals Magic Damage
    * 1H Strong Attack sets the sword on blue fire, that is used to make it ignore shields and (partially) armor.
    *2H Strong Attack is the Demon's Soul's Storm Ruler R2, obviously balanced for general purposes.

(For those that don't get the Strong Attack, it is creating a large pillar of flame emitting from the sword, only to slam it down on the ground with incredible force)

Because a sword like this sounds totally boss!
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Indeed it does.
    But, there would be so many haters. big grin
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Moonlight sword nerf

Deals 40 magic damage
    Deals 5 physical damage
    1handed r2 is zweihander r2
    2handed r2 launches a barrier of wind that deals 10 stability damage, 0 health damage and 0 poise damage

BEST SWORD IN THE F-UCKING GAME
    Railage
    Railage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Railage Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:39 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:Moonlight sword nerf

Deals 40 magic damage
    Deals 5 physical damage
    1handed r2 is zweihander r2
    2handed r2 launches a barrier of wind that deals 10 stability damage, 0 health damage and 0 poise damage

BEST SWORD IN THE F-UCKING GAME

Well... At least it still looks cool.

The worst nerf they could possibly do to it is make it ugly.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:42 pm

What did it do in games older than DeS?
    Since it happens in the same world, i guess it will have the same function (that is, if you fight seath to cut his tail off)
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:38 pm

its usual ability is what we have in dark souls, shooting blades of energy. If you look up a game called Otogi by Fromsoft the Moonlight sword was the ultimate weapon and when u used strong attacks beams of energy were fired from the blade. This is also true in the Armored Core series. Personally the energy blade is the most legit R2 for it given its history but I always like new stuff so I wouldn't mind another break from tradition like in Demon Souls happy
    >Brave<
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by >Brave< Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:16 am

I honestly dont care what it does but how it's obtained. Demon souls made you fight slugs and Dark souls put you through the hell that is cutting seath's tail. I'd love to see something like....

A knight sitting on the stone remains of a ceiling gazing at the moon. It's glowing cold light borrowed from the sun bathes the knight's old blade.

"You know.."
    "I've sat in this room every night gazing at the moon."
    "My hands have grow stiff and numb from the air"
    "I cannot even protect myself from the creatures the roam these halls anymore"
    "There, in the light behind me is my sword."
    "I've neglected it because of these hands, I cannot even look at it anymore.."
    "Take it. Warm its hilt for me. At least, with you, it will see the sun again"

Will you take the blade? [YES] [NO]

Answer [YES]: "I hope it serves you well."
    Answer [NO]: "That is a shame.."

If you answer YES then you'll get a Straight sword variant. If you answer NO and come back after a few boss fights then the blade will have grown in size due to further exposure to the moonlight and you'll get the Two handed variant. If you answer NO and leave the sword alone till the moment before the final boss and go back to retrieve it; you'll get the Ultra great sword variant. When you take the sword and go back after resting at a bonfire, the knight will no longer be there.

Moonlight Sword's Description:
    "A transparent blade bathed in the moon's light. It is said that there is a way to create a bond between living things by standing in circles of light.

The lore basically meaning that because the knight and sword both sat in the moonlight, it slowly fused his soul and mind into the blade. The sword's ghostly edge is the knight's soul.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:46 am

I would be 100% behind that man! plus we know the day and night along with the weather are supposed to affect stuff in game, that would fit nicely with the direction they're going (see now you got my hopes up that something like that really will happen :I)
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri May 10, 2013 11:03 am

The game or rather the series everyone is thinking of is Kings Field. It was also in the Armored Core series as a gun of some sort I think.
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Gyonimizotetsu
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Gyonimizotetsu Fri May 10, 2013 2:54 pm

I would like it to be a straight sword, that's is smaller than it was in the last two games. Maybe it could have its own special damage type? Moonlight damage? Hard to defend against.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sat May 11, 2013 8:00 am

I think next time they HAVE to make it either bigger or smaller- they've run out of things they can do with it as a greatsword really for now..

Ultra GS would be fun, though I'd really like to see a straight sword version of it...

I look forward to the next magic scaled rapier too..
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sat May 11, 2013 11:16 am

People pls, it will be a Greatsword, there's no way around it. You can't just take something based off a different game and make it something else.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Sat May 11, 2013 5:05 pm

i kinda hope they make it a faith weapon again but in DkS2 turn holy damage into an actual damage type instead of just a modifier because its kinda stupid that fth is the enemy of magic yet all faith weapons and offensive miracles do magic damage (with the exception of the lightning spears doing lightning) Faith needs its own damage type!!!!
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Sat May 11, 2013 7:22 pm

>Brave< wrote:I honestly dont care what it does but how it's obtained. Demon souls made you fight slugs and Dark souls put you through the hell that is cutting seath's tail. I'd love to see something like....

A knight sitting on the stone remains of a ceiling gazing at the moon. It's glowing cold light borrowed from the sun bathes the knight's old blade.

"You know.."
    "I've sat in this room every night gazing at the moon."
    "My hands have grow stiff and numb from the air"
    "I cannot even protect myself from the creatures the roam these halls anymore"
    "There, in the light behind me is my sword."
    "I've neglected it because of these hands, I cannot even look at it anymore.."
    "Take it. Warm its hilt for me. At least, with you, it will see the sun again"

Will you take the blade? [YES] [NO]

Answer [YES]: "I hope it serves you well."
    Answer [NO]: "That is a shame.."

If you answer YES then you'll get a Straight sword variant. If you answer NO and come back after a few boss fights then the blade will have grown in size due to further exposure to the moonlight and you'll get the Two handed variant. If you answer NO and leave the sword alone till the moment before the final boss and go back to retrieve it; you'll get the Ultra great sword variant. When you take the sword and go back after resting at a bonfire, the knight will no longer be there.

Moonlight Sword's Description:
    "A transparent blade bathed in the moon's light. It is said that there is a way to create a bond between living things by standing in circles of light.

The lore basically meaning that because the knight and sword both sat in the moonlight, it slowly fused his soul and mind into the blade. The sword's ghostly edge is the knight's soul.

FromSoftware, hire this guy for your lore. This is damn brilliant. Even though I still don't have good enough stats to properly wield the Moonlight Sword in Dark Souls, I say this is damn creative. How'd you come up with all that? Praise the Sun

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:18 pm